"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 07-19-2014, 11:03 PM   #6601
Certified Pretend Chef

Very nice bakechef. That quilt is 15.707963 times as nice as others.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:04 PM   #6602
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

LOL!!!

Old 07-20-2014, 02:30 AM   #6603
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Getting this nerdtastic gift in the mail, made by my aunt!...
That quilt is so cute I'm almost tempted to take up quilting. Almost. For now I'll just keep to baking an occasional pie.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:09 AM   #6604
Sous Chef

Just posting here makes me smile. I'm sorry, but I end up reading much more than I post.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:02 AM   #6605
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
Just posting here makes me smile. I'm sorry, but I end up reading much more than I post.

CCL, this site is very addictive. Just ask anyone of us. And some (I am guilty.) tend to send longer posts than other do. We just love to chatter. Going off subject is another posting ill we all suffer from at times.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #6606
Chef Extraordinaire

The dogs get me up when the song birds start singing (for those of you who don't know, that is around 4:20 a.m.). After I let them out and feed them, I watch some Food Network TV while I wait for the sun to come up enough to let the girls out. Instead of having coffee in the a.m., I spend about an hour watching the girls run around the yard. The "littles" are now clucking and practicing chest bumping, Junior is mimicking the body language of Redson and Stripey, the "littles" are trailing after the girls...today four of the littles were perched on the rim of one of the dog dishes that I use for watering them in the yard (the dogs also drink out of them). I couldn't help but smile as I watched the antics of the birds. They are such happy birds in the summer. I don't have the heart to tell them that winter will come again and the grass, worms, and bugs will disappear...

Oh, after I get my morning fix of watching the birds, I usually take about a 45 minute nap before I start work. I'm done for the day by 4:00 p.m. That's when I nap again. Gotta love working from home when you can get the work.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #6607
Chef Extraordinaire

This.

Rescued Baby Monkey Takes Her First Bath, And It’s The Most Beautiful Thing I’ve Ever Seen! | PetFlow Blog - The most interesting news for pet parents around the world.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #6608
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

so cute!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #6609
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
The dogs get me up when the song birds start singing (for those of you who don't know, that is around 4:20 a.m.). After I let them out and feed them, I watch some Food Network TV while I wait for the sun to come up enough to let the girls out. Instead of having coffee in the a.m., I spend about an hour watching the girls run around the yard. The "littles" are now clucking and practicing chest bumping, Junior is mimicking the body language of Redson and Stripey, the "littles" are trailing after the girls...today four of the littles were perched on the rim of one of the dog dishes that I use for watering them in the yard (the dogs also drink out of them). I couldn't help but smile as I watched the antics of the birds. They are such happy birds in the summer. I don't have the heart to tell them that winter will come again and the grass, worms, and bugs will disappear...

Oh, after I get my morning fix of watching the birds, I usually take about a 45 minute nap before I start work. I'm done for the day by 4:00 p.m. That's when I nap again. Gotta love working from home when you can get the work.
I used to sit out on the front porch in the wee hours of the morning listening to the birds get up out of bed. I had my coffee and the latest book I was reading. I would see all the husbands heading out to work. The wives didn't take to kindly to my sitting out there to see their husbands off. "If I could get up that early, why couldn't they." The were so glad when winter would come and it was too cold for me to sit out there. Then it was time to get the kids up for breakfast and school. Early morning is my favorite time of day. One day when I had been awake all night, I went down to the patio and was there just as the birds were waking up at the first crack of dawn. That tree on the patio holds a LOT of birds. What a racket! You couldn't hear yourself think.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:22 AM   #6610
Master Chef

Early this afternoon I had been upstairs talking to Himself when he annoyed the heck out of me. When I headed downstairs to the kitchen and looked out the window over the sink I saw a big monarch butterfly flitting by! Annoyed with Himself? Nope! Mom Nature sure knows how to balance things out.

« Finally | - »