Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love being a dad.

BT, it sure shows!

My smile came today in the doctor's office when the surgeon said that I am not a candidate for a knee replacement yet. DH sprang from his chair and said "Hallelujah". He was really worried about that one when he saw the pictures of what they do. I was relieved as well, but it was his expression (and the startled one on the normally stern doctor's face) that made me grin from ear to ear.

The not so great news is that I am being sent to my 5th doctor, for probably a lesser surgery to remove cartilege fragements and repair some of the damage to the joint. But ruling things out is getting closer to an answer, I am sure.

BT, it sure shows!

My smile came today in the doctor's office when the surgeon said that I am not a candidate for a knee replacement yet. DH sprang from his chair and said "Hallelujah". He was really worried about that one when he saw the pictures of what they do. I was relieved as well, but it was his expression (and the startled one on the normally stern doctor's face) that made me grin from ear to ear.

The not so great news is that I am being sent to my 5th doctor, for probably a lesser surgery to remove cartilege fragements and repair some of the damage to the joint. But ruling things out is getting closer to an answer, I am sure.
WooHoo Laurie! I'm so glad you don't have to have a replacement yet. It is a very grisly procedure. But sadly it leaves you with the knee issue. I hope the other lesser procedure will give you some relief. Are you having spinal issues from an altered gait?

Last thing that made me smile was Goodweeds post about shoulders/butts, why women are dangerous, and why they should never tell me I am cute!

My whole day today was full of smiles, it started off with a call from Cade and Carson telling me don't cook breakfast ma we are bringing YOU something..Then when they got here they had breakfast jacks for all of us and even hot coffee..It was so nice to sit with them and my daughter and enjoy breakfast..Daughter and Carson left and Cade helped me get ready to do an exchange,he stayed by my side the whole time.While I was doing the exchange I started to say my morning prayers and he asked me if he could too..I said yes and that I had a special one I wanted to do and he added his own little prayer to that..He is really a wonderful kind little boy Then, we made cookies and had lunch and played on the computer..When mommy came to get him he gave me great big hugs and kisses..I walked them to the car and he said i love you ma, see ya in the morning...What a wonderful day I was given..

kadesma:)

Ouch?

Just,

whatever you do,

for Gods sake, please,

for heavens sake,

dont pick your nose!!!

what, you thought something wise was coming??

my new nose piercing!

Way to go Luvs! A year ago one of my closest friends got her nose pierced and in doing so gave me the courage to do what I had wanted to for a couple of years....get my eyebrow pierced! Neither of us have regretted our decisions!

What made me smile today? We have two dogs - a female border collie/boxer who is a big baby, and a male bichon malti-poo who thinks he is a lion (King of all!). This morning I was getting ready for DH to pick me up for an appointment and remembered I hadn't fed them. I said out loud "I just need to grab my socks and I will feed you". Well, I got a pair from my sock drawer and proceeded down the hall to see the little one heading toward the kitchen with one of my dirty socks in his mouth!!!!!!

I had to get mad because we are trying to break him of the sock habit (his previous owners had bought him a sock monkey as a toy), but I was really having a hard time not laughing! It was as if he was saying "okay Mom, I have your sock, where's the food?":LOL:

Last edited:
;)

i am afraid that would make me frown and sneeze luvs lol

babe :LOL:

when i pierced my tongue i almost fainted. when i pierced my lebret my eyes ran.
when i pierced my nose, i barley winced, & don't you know i figured that would be most painful.:LOL:

Not a tattoo or piercing anywhere on my body! Wildest I ever got was making the mistake of trying to grow a Mullet in college. I quickly corrected the mistake and went back to my short parted hair style.
No offense to you guys, got nothing against it, just doesn't work on me!

One of the kids who I tutor at the school.

He makes me feel like a kid again, and I just have to smile & laugh for him when after telling him something from a book we read, he opens his mouth & eyes wide in surprise and amazement! I get a kick out of that!!

Then he'll say; "Boy, I didn't know that! I'm so glad that you're tutoring me. You're telling me a lot of things that I didn't know." Then I usually rub him on his head and we both smile at each other!

Last edited:
Finally.....Buck and I are back into our regular "porch settin'" routine for the warm weather season.

Tonight we enjoyed an awesome sunset and were entertained by our 5 new kittens (born March 11th). It's amazing how a twig, stone or a leaf can be so much fun. Everyone of them played and played until they were nearly exhausted.

How enjoyable. What a bunch of fun!!!!! We're still smiling.

Not a tattoo or piercing anywhere on my body! Wildest I ever got was making the mistake of trying to grow a Mullet in college. I quickly corrected the mistake and went back to my short parted hair style.
No offense to you guys, got nothing against it, just doesn't work on me!

ahhh, mav, what works fer you, works fer you.
i've pierced fer 11 years now, not counting ears. (removed my tounge & lebre at 20) they suit me, so we stick with piercings.
:-p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom