"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 10-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #6851
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

That is an excellent costume!

Old 10-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #6852
Head Chef

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211_fall...t-hear-you.jpg

Old 10-23-2014, 02:13 PM   #6853
Certified Cake Maniac

Ha ha, those are both great smiles, Creative and CG!

This morning it is still raining, though not quite as hard as the last three days. However, the hole that Violet dug in the lawn (no smile here) right beside the patio is full of water. Monkey insisted on going out and was lifting her feet pretty fast on the wet patio. But the big smile came when she was trying to get over the pool Vi made so she could chew on her favourite grass patch. She kept testing it and pulling back and testing it again as if it was going to change. All of a sudden she realized that she was getting wet all over so she went for it and almost cleared the puddle except for a back paw and her tail. I will be getting her a grass patch from the pet store today! Poor kitty, but I had to smile at her persistence.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #6854
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

My niece and nephew dressed as a lion fish and an angler fish for Halloween this year, just adorable! No Frozen characters or princesses here! Their mother accompanied them dressed in her scuba wetsuit.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #6855
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
My niece and nephew dressed as a lion fish and an angler fish for Halloween this year, just adorable! No Frozen characters or princesses here! Their mother accompanied them dressed in her scuba wetsuit.
that must have been an adorable site, any snapshots DL?
Old 11-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #6856
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Last thing that made you smile?

Here's what the costumes look like:
http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/ang...ostumes/136615

http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/lio...tlyViewed=true
Old 11-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #6857
Master Chef

Those costumes are adorable! I bet your niece and nephew rocked. And if they were trick-or-treating in our neighborhood today, the Mom would be properly dressed in her wetsuit. Actually, ANY suit worn outside today would be "wet".

One of our beggars was dressed as the Mad Hatter. I knew right away because of the "10/6" tag in the hat. When I commented on who they were, the kid said no one up to me had known who they were. Seriously? What is going wrong...
Old 11-01-2014, 04:44 PM   #6858
Master Chef

My grandson Josh and I went shopping today and while we were in a store he saw a centipede crawling across the floor, so he went and found a piece of paper and had it crawl on it and took it to the side wall so no on would step on it. That is something that my dad would have done. When I was a little girl my dad saw a caterpillar on the cold ground and brought it in the house to warm it up. Josh is making another memory for me.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #6859
Cupcake

I'm on Facebook where I talk to some older relatives. A small group are in their 80s and I simply love the stories. One was sharing that she moved into a small apartment with her husband and baby. Bundt cakes were popular. She asked her husband to pour cake batter into her new Bundt pan while she changed the baby. The pan was sitting in the sink in their tiny kitchen. As she was changing the baby, her husband called to her and said, "Honey, I have poured and poured, and I cannot fill that hole up in the pan."
Old 11-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #6860
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
I'm on Facebook where I talk to some older relatives. A small group are in their 80s and I simply love the stories. One was sharing that she moved into a small apartment with her husband and baby. Bundt cakes were popular. She asked her husband to pour cake batter into her new Bundt pan while she changed the baby. The pan was sitting in the sink in their tiny kitchen. As she was changing the baby, her husband called to her and said, "Honey, I have poured and poured, and I cannot fill that hole up in the pan."