"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 10-22-2015, 02:18 AM   #7171
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
We half Canadians loved Pierre Elliot Trudeau. I well remember him letting fly with an expletive, and then declaring all he said was " fuddle duddle." There were many tee shirts printed with that. My dad actually met him when he was swimming on Lake of the Woods while Dad was fishing.

Hope his son can do good things for Canada.

We found the same praying mantis on our noon walk. Apparently it has a death wish. It was heading on to the highway. I turned it back toward the ditch, in the grass, but it was on a mission.
Funny, I was just remembering "fuddle duddle". I read that J. Trudeau had gotten caught using the same expletive and I was thinking, "Well, you know what your dad would have said."

Old 10-22-2015, 03:57 AM   #7172
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
GG, it won't be the same analogy unless Amy or Chelsea or Malia or Shasha become elected president of the U.S. Justin Trudeau lived in the Prime Minister's house from birth to age 14. GWB was already an adult when GHWB was in the White House.
Thanks, CG! I guess I did confuse it a little so don't feel bad, GG

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:22 PM   #7173
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Last thing that made you smile?

Went through the pharmacy drive-through, had Beagle with me. It was cool enough, and she loves to ride in the car, gets very excited about it. She was asleep in the back seat. The pills and bill came out in the drawer, along with a dog biscuit! I don't know how the pharmacist even saw her!
Old 10-23-2015, 06:27 PM   #7174
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Went through the pharmacy drive-through, had Beagle with me. It was cool enough, and she loves to ride in the car, gets very excited about it. She was asleep in the back seat. The pills and bill came out in the drawer, along with a dog biscuit! I don't know how the pharmacist even saw her!
What a lovely touch.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:34 PM   #7175
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Awe, that is awesome! Our Tim Horton's does that. I often go through the drive through after I have taken Violet (and/or Monkey) to the vet. They always pass along a dog bone for Vi. I don't have the heart to tell them that she can't have that kind and I give it to the dog next door. I just thank them then I give her one of her safe treats "From Tim's"! LOL

Old 10-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #7176
Certified Cake Maniac

I was smiling today thinking about my Mom. I remember how she used to love to hate Pierre Trudeau. One time I was made a paper mache devil mask for my art class. When I brought it home my Mom said "it looks just like our Prime Minister"! I think there was something in the news about him dating another celebrity that day. But she did admire most of how he ran the country.

I wonder what she would think of Justin?

Regarding Justin's looks, his Dad may have been known as a bit of a playboy; however, he was approached to head up the United Nations (which he turned down). Obviously the world saw something in him.

So, if Justin Trudeau can keep to his promises and more, I think people will see past that pretty-boy face pretty quickly.

Old 10-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #7177
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Last thing that made you smile?

Pierre was one of a kind, for sure. Dad was out on the middle of the lake fishing, (Lake of the Woods is HUGH!) and Pierre just swam up to his boat and asked him if he was catching anything.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:16 PM   #7178
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Pierre was one of a kind, for sure. Dad was out on the middle of the lake fishing, (Lake of the Woods is HUGH!) and Pierre just swam up to his boat and asked him if he was catching anything.
Now, Dawg, that just made me giggle! I can actually picture him doing that.

The Sinclairs (his wife Margaret's family) lived very close to my aunt and uncle. They would see the Premier's motorcade coming down the street when he would come to visit. My uncle once saw him coming out of the house with pie for all of his security team!

I just got another smile - Violet just dropped one of her stuffed toys in my lap. This means "come on Mommy, get off that stupid thing and play with me!"

I think I will!

Old 10-23-2015, 10:42 PM   #7179
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Our local savings bank has a branch within walking distance of here. A lot of our residents have accounts there and they have a BIG bowl right by the door filled with those small Milk Bones. So many of the residents that don't have dogs, come back with a handful for Teddy and any of the other dogs in the building. These dogs here are all well fed. My next door neighbor keep Teddy well fed and happy.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:03 PM   #7180
Master Chef

Last thing that made me smile?

Just sitting here thinking about my son coming from Denver tomorrow. I haven't seen him for 3 years. Oh, I can't hardly wait.