"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2017, 12:25 AM   #7721
Cook

Oh, well laugh, smile...they are the same, Right?:)

Well, this latest episode of Rules of Engagement...the cricket match. The challenge banter at the beginning-HILARIOUS! Wish I could find the video for that clip. Lol :D

Old 06-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #7722
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm smiling from ear to ear, as the saying goes Being loyal to a grocery store has some great rewards sometimes We got a coupon from Kroger for *$75* worth of groceries for transferring a prescription to their pharmacy!! I picked it up today and the credit is on our store card. Now we're shopping for a new freezer so I can buy a whole lot of beef chuck and pork shoulder roasts to make sausage with. Sooooo excited!!

Old 06-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #7723
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm smiling from ear to ear, as the saying goes Being loyal to a grocery store has some great rewards sometimes We got a coupon from Kroger for *$75* worth of groceries for transferring a prescription to their pharmacy!! I picked it up today and the credit is on our store card. Now we're shopping for a new freezer so I can buy a whole lot of beef chuck and pork shoulder roasts to make sausage with. Sooooo excited!!
w00t!
Old 06-10-2017, 04:45 PM   #7724
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #7725
Master Chef

Wow, GG, that's a great reward! Too bad they didn't give you a FREEzer, too.

"A dream is a festival of lights within your mind." ~~~ Joan Walsh Anglund
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #7726
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:

Great deal. Congrats!
Old 09-04-2017, 12:54 AM   #7727
Master Chef

We've been spending a lot of fun time with the kids. Much to our son's chagrin, though, his parents are making friends with HIS friends!

We had a great time at a minor league baseball game tonight. I've been to only one other minor league game, a long time ago (about a dozen years), and things were less silly then. Tonight there were all sorts of entertaining events taking place on the field between innings. A lot of them were "Harry Potter" influenced since this was "Harry Potter Night" at the game. They also had fireworks after the game - set to music from the movie. Never saw any of them, but I do like listening to most anything composed by John Williams.

BTW, the minor league team won...just like the big boys. This is one fun season!

"A dream is a festival of lights within your mind." ~~~ Joan Walsh Anglund
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:18 AM   #7728
Chef Extraordinaire

At the World Series for the Minor Leagues, I was rooting for Texas to take the Title. It would have been a great moral booster at a time when Harvey was doing his best to destroy lives and families.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:04 AM   #7729
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
We've been spending a lot of fun time with the kids. Much to our son's chagrin, though, his parents are making friends with HIS friends! ...
He's going to have to get used to that when you move back. They are adults. Also, you will probably be making friends with your friends' grown kids.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:41 PM   #7730
Chef Extraordinaire

Happiness for me is.....

Today was quite an exceptional day for me. I was sitting on my scooter out in front of the building. I heard a very soft voice ask "Can I get by please? So I start to move my scooter to the side. My granddaughter and her SO jump in front of my scooter. I knew Annie's brother was going to be stopping by in about an hour to bring me my new monitor. But I was stunned to see these two. I certainly wasn't expecting them. Pirate was in a lot of pain and he pretty much stayed in his room. Fine with me. Now you know why I never designated him as my Social Activities Director. But the real surprise was when I brought the girls up to my apartment, Teddy didn't even bark. Nor did he bark when my grandson showed up.

Annie brought me a small cabbage (Perfect for my household and a bowl of KFC Cole Slaw) about four cucumbers, some freshly picked green beans and other goodies picked from their garden just before they left to come down from Maine to Mass. She also brought me a gallon container filled to the brim with freshly picked wild blueberries. She had picked the berries herself. I tasted one. Oh my goodness!!! They are so sweet. I may never eat cultivated blueberries again.

I washed, snapped and blanched the green beans for Spike to seal with the Food Saver I gave him.

Then my grandson arrived. He has in tow my new monitor for my computer. And by this morning I had my new television. My old one blew up a couple of days ago. Grandchildren I don't get to see enough of, a new monitor to replace the one that was on its very last leg, a new TV and my final package from Jet arrived. I have had quite a day.