"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 11-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #831
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT
I just found out, it is oficial, I am moving in September of 07!
Where to?

Old 11-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #832
Sous Chef

[quote=vagriller]Where to?[/quote With your rec.'s I hope you are moving close to me --- SO that I can come over for dinner!!!!!!! LOL - The last thing that made me smile was my bf ( or EX BF) telling me that he really LOVED me - ....felt so right - wish I could hold that moment forevever) Hope all goes well with the move - if you do move near here ---let me know and I will help in any way I can---YOUR ...SECOND best friend---Reanie

Old 11-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #833
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagriller
Where to?
well it wont be until September, but I am moving to Hawaii. Sorry, Reanie.
It will only be for 6 months, possibly longer...
Old 11-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #834
Sous Chef

I use to live there - lol - you will love it- May you be happy wherever you go!!!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #835
Chef Extraordinaire

We took our youngest daughter, her DH, Ethan and Olivia for a ride to watch the salmon spawn this morning. After we fish watched, we made lunch in the motor home and I played with Livi, we played patty cake and how big is livi, then she settled back in my lap drank some of her milk and then looked up and said MA!!!! reached up and patted my cheek. Wow, did I smile I can't believe she will be a year old at the end of January.

kadesma
Old 11-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #836
Head Chef

We did Toys for Tots today.

That's me on the left, and mizzphinz on the right. Today was her first time trooping and she had a *blast.* My face still hurts from smiling.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #837
Senior Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to FraidKnot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
That's a good one, Fraidy. Reminded me of my own grandfather who would pop a beer at 8 a.m. after my grandmother died.
I think my grandparents were mostly tee-totallers after what G-Grandpa Douglas used to do! But imagine a Scotsman not having a sip of something (no matter what time of day)!

It was a lovely attic room though; Grandpa Brown did a wonderful job finishing the attic in that old house. There was a large bedroom and a big sash window (that was the one, look out below!). There was a cushioned window seat with storage in the bench in the nook of the wide dormer with 3 smaller screened windows and also a small sitting room separated by one of those folding door things. There was another window in the sitting room as well. Just no upstairs bathroom...

I lived in that attic myself for a bit when we got back from Bangkok in 1971. I'm glad I can still share these memories with my mom. She'll be 81 in January.

Fraidy
Old 11-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #838
Senior Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to FraidKnot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
That's a good one, Fraidy. Reminded me of my own grandfather who would pop a beer at 8 a.m. after my grandmother died.
I think my grandparents were mostly tee-totallers after what G-Grandpa Douglas used to do! But imagine a Scotsman not having a sip of something (no matter what time of day)!

It was a lovely attic room though; Grandpa Brown did a wonderful job finishing the attic in that old house. There was a large bedroom and a big sash window (that was the one, look out below!). There was a cushioned window seat with storage room in the bench in the nook of the wide dormer with 3 smaller screened windows. There was also a small sitting room separated by one of those sliding folding door things. There was another window in the sitting room with some chairs and a day-bed. Just no bathroom...

I lived in that attic myself for a bit when we got back from Bangkok in 1971. I'm glad I can still share these memories with my mom. She'll be 81 in January.

Fraidy
Old 11-05-2006, 02:26 AM   #839
Executive Chef

After two weeks without hot water (broken water pipe under house slab foundation), we have running hot water again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 02:56 AM   #840
Assistant Cook

watching a helpful teenager helping a old granny across a busy road... :)

« Finally | - »