Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I have this image of a mouse perched in the back of your TV, sipping a cool one and watching cable, LOL. Glad it is working again, and that is pretty cool of his boss, I bet he will be on Cloud 9 for awhile!

LOL!!!!! I have to tell you I have a morbid fear of anything rodent and we came home (to our old money pit house) from a week away to find traces of a party thrown by a bunch of furry little creatures.

DH is a computer tech/programmer (or he was) and had old computersall over the house. Two were being used to raise up an old consul TV, others were lined up by the front door waiting to be have something done with them. And there were three in our office closet. Well, months after we had realized we were infested with critters, DH was pulling out these computers from the closet and noticed that a rodent was inside one of the empty bays. He told me to go into the bedroom and shut the door (didn't need me screaming) and took the machine out into the snowy back yard. Then came back and told me what he found....a real live "computer mouse"! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

My friends here in Bristol made me smile big last night at my going away dinner in Bath. It was a lovely evening in a lovely town with lovely friends.

My oldest son and his wife came over for about half hour , to wish my hubby (his step father) Happy Father's day and they brought him banana cream pie.

My Dad and border are both diabetics. I tried this new recipe for a rustic fruit tart where the filling and pastry both use Splenda. I took it out to my dad's and brought some back for the border. I wasn't all that happy with it because the fruit lost all of it's juices (fresh strawberries and blackberries).

But the two of them had huge smiles on their faces as they ate firsts and seconds! I love to be able to feed people things they normally can't have but love!

my Dad rang me & said to put channel 57 on. 'twas my beloved golden girls getting an award! sophia (estelle getty) isn't so well, so she didn't join them on stage, 'cept she looked like she was with them at thier table.

My son Nick called me this afternoon just to give me a pep talk about sticking to my new exercise program. He's the son I used to sit and drink coffee with every morning when Fisher was a newborn and I wasn't getting any sleep. He made sure to schedule his classes for the afternoon so we could have that time and I could get a shower while he watched the baby. I really miss him living here.

Having Cade come spend an hour after school today..His so sweet, DH and i were talking about Katie and Buck and all of you..DH said how wonderful our members are and this little voice say's, yea ma, remember how much they loved you when you got sick? He then told me how he cried then because he thought I was going to die..When he saw the notes that came from here, he said it made him feel better..He is very special to me and so I'm smiling..
I also have a very large smile because of all of YOU..You all are so special, loving and generous..You all make me proud to know you.
cj

I am so happy, I think my smile is a mile wide! DD and her fiance have picked a wedding date and are having a wedding as individual as she is. It will be in our local park and will be followed by a BBQ right there. I have been given 3 very important roles. 1) I am making the wedding cake. 2) DH and I are organizing the food. And the most important one.....3) her fiance has asked us to be HIS parents at the wedding because hers will be there and he really doesn't have close family (very long story). He has begun to call me Mama Laurie and I really feel a bond to him. The icing on the cake to this smile is that he informed DD that she will be our DIL because he is our son!!!!!

You just can't pick 'em better than that!

Very cool Laurie! And simular to what we did. Her mom made a wedding cake, her dad made faces, and I made burgers and brats on the grill!! LOL.

We got married in DH's back yard under an apple tree. We decided at 10 in the morning that we were going to do it and called my sister and DH's best friend. They said they could make it. The marriage commissioner said she could fit us in at 5:30. So we went to the Safeway store, bought a bouquet of daisies and other flowers that would not make me sneeze, some steaks, salad fixings, mushrooms and french bread. My sister brought a cheesecake and a beautiful footed cake plate which was our wedding present. We dressed, had the ceremony, and when the commissioner left we had a BBQ. It was just an incredible day.....except for when we had to tell DH's family we did it without them....:rolleyes:

That's sounds fun actually. And don't worry, we did it without my family either. We did call them, they just said 'thats nice have fun'. And like I said DW's dad gave me the evil eye the whole time, LOL.
But we didn't care, we had fun!

My Dad was totally fine with us eloping.....almost told us we would be better off. And it only took DH's Mom 6 years to acknowledge our anniversary so there were no hard feelings there LOL!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom