"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 11-25-2006, 06:20 PM   #861
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
When I received a picture in the mail of a dear and beautiful lady that I have been lucky enough to befriend here. And Cade is a doll too!!
He is a cutie HUH? Glad you like and are still standing

kadesma

Old 11-25-2006, 07:17 PM   #862
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
... starbucks.... doubletall non-fat white mocha and holding Paulie's hand while drinking it.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #863
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
'bug did promise me to attend a dc nyc get together if we're able to plan one in the next few months. gotta start working on that. pm me if anyone's interested, with ideas for date, time, and place.

i'm still smiling...
I think I could manage NYC! Only a couple hours from here, depending on traffic. I will help in any way I can, BT. As for the date - how about early Spring - after the snow season & before the tourist season. Does NYC actually have an "off season"?
Old 11-25-2006, 09:45 PM   #864
Everymom

Corinne, I think Mudbug is in NYC right now. You may have missed out on the meeting! I'm sure bucky would meet you anytime though.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:58 PM   #865
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Corinne, I think Mudbug is in NYC right now. You may have missed out on the meeting! I'm sure bucky would meet you anytime though.
It sounded like Bucky is planning a DC meeting in NYC sometime in the near future - that's what I was responding to. So, are you gonna be there, Alix?
Old 11-26-2006, 02:22 AM   #866
Executive Chef

We let the kids stay up late tonight, so we could all go outside and play in the snow. We had fun!
Old 11-26-2006, 03:29 PM   #867
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne
It sounded like Bucky is planning a DC meeting in NYC sometime in the near future - that's what I was responding to. So, are you gonna be there, Alix?
You know...if we get enough Air Miles for me to go, I'm there. My sister lives in NJ so I would combine a visit with her to the agenda. The ticket is pretty pricy though.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #868
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just walked through the family room and glanced over at the sofa. On the left cushion saw a big lump under the slipcover. Went over and patted it. Got a "purr-meow." Yup, C.J. (stands for Casey Jones) has snuggled under the slipcover for an afternoon nap. He's a darling, sweet white wussy of a kittie. Loves to find warm places to nap. Current one is under the slipcover on the sofa. What a silly boy! Gotta love 'em.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:47 AM   #869
Chef Extraordinaire

What made me smile today? Having little Olivia, take 5 steps to me today and then when we sat down for our cuddle visit, she would take her little hands, grab my chin and give me a big kiss..The little cutie already has a personality of her own. She had me laughing as she kept giving my oldest son the "raspberry" then she takes her hand and moving her fingers like she is waving bye bye, she say's tickie tickie as she tries to tickle you..Boy what will she be like 6 months from now?
kadesma
Old 11-29-2006, 12:57 AM   #870
Chef Extraordinaire

that's so sweet, kads. lol about the cuddle visit. we call them squeezee hugs.

k.t.e., gotta love them warm, purring lumps. you can never just make a bed in my house like a normal person. with 4 cats and a boy, someone's always making a lump in the sheets, having fun.

cora, i'm jealous, sounds like fun. can't wait for snow.

corinne, i've mentioned a get together a few times, and there seems to be some interest. not sure if during or after the holidays would be better.

my annual union dinner is a week from friday, december 8th, if anyone's interested in meeting up for some free food and drink. the invitation says for members and guests, but it doesn't mention how many guests are allowed, mwahaha.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote