"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 11-29-2006, 01:03 AM   #871
Assistant Cook

Thumbs up Sunrise, Sunset, Sunrise, Sunset....remember that song?

The beautiful sunrise and sunset and the marvel of it all. I just gaze at it all in awe and with a smile on my face.

Here are the lyrics to the music dancing around in my mental picture of it all, taken from "Fiddler on the Roof," if memory serves. I love it. Sunrise, Sunset

Old 11-29-2006, 01:58 AM   #872
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I love that play and all the music in it. Thanks for the memories lovestobake.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #873
Assistant Cook

That is a wonderful play and music score! I guess I'm feeling a little nostalgic. Maybe, it's the season for it. I sent some of my kids the link to it hoping they too, would appreciate it.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #874
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
My husband decided he needed a mid-winter break. So, we're going to Reno next week for four days of fun and relaxation and best of all we'll be reliving some romantic memories. It's the first place he took me after we first met!

We've been to some pretty wonderful places since then but...Reno holds a special place in our hearts.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #875
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Yeah pdswife! I am so excited for you! That is fantastic!!!!! I know you will have a great time!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #876
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks MM. I know we will too!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #877
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
My husband decided he needed a mid-winter break. So, we're going to Reno next week for four days of fun and relaxation and best of all we'll be reliving some romantic memories. It's the first place he took me after we first met!

We've been to some pretty wonderful places since then but...Reno holds a special place in our hearts.
Hey, that is almost close to my Christmas' wish which is Las Vegas! Reno is indeed a romantic place. DH and I were there last year. Hope you have a nice time reliving fond memories there and that Lady Luck is with you!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #878
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks, Remembering the good times will be a major part of this trip. We've been back since the first time but always with other people. This will be the first time alone.

Vegas is COOOOL! I do hope your Christmas wish comes true! Do you want to go in the winter or Summer? Both times are so pretty...just very different. Have you been there before?
Old 12-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #879
Master Chef

It's my oldest sons birthday today and I told my youngest to tell him he's getting old (20) and my youngest looked at me innocently and said, "No he's not he's clean" ..............
Old 12-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #880
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
Thanks, Remembering the good times will be a major part of this trip. We've been back since the first time but always with other people. This will be the first time alone.

Vegas is COOOOL! I do hope your Christmas wish comes true! Do you want to go in the winter or Summer? Both times are so pretty...just very different. Have you been there before?
I'll go anytime if DH will let me!! It will be my second time after 20-odd years. Still remember Caesar Palace, MGM etc.