Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last thing that made me smile was my Australian Shepherd, Tessa coming onto the bed this morning and rolling over to "give me belly." She has the cleanest, whitest belly, her fur is like angel hair - she never smells funny and it's rare that she lets herself be this vulnerable. She's a rescue and has all sorts of issues, but is sooo sweet when she "visits" on the bed - also, she "talks" a bit - kind of graons/growls a little bit - such a big oaf! Thanks for letting me share....
She sounds so sweet. I have an Australian cattle dog/mix who lives to "give me belly", too. She was a grown stray and I was just "babysitting" til my daughter could find her a home but you know how that goes... She was instantly a member of the family - patient with my then 3 year old, respectful of the cats, playful with other dogs, and my self-appointed guardian. I can't believe how lucky we were to get her! Sounds like you found her sister, pot clanger.

Ok Kades, hope you have a splatter guard:LOL: kiss those baby's for all of us
Didn't need a splatter guard, Ethan donned his apron I made him, got the chair and a spoon and had a ball..He really did well today and just left for home proudly clutching a very large bag of cookies...Sister was a good girl she is into playing she is a dog...:LOL:All went well and they are coming back tomorrow for an hour or so as mommy has an eye appointment..

Ahhh life is so good with baby hugs and kisses...:)
kades

Enjoy, Kades - should be a fun day! Hope he is also good at cleanup...
I had a wonderful day..Ethan didn't have to be asked to do anything, he put the egg shells in the garbage and the dirty bowl and spoons in the dishwasher all by himself..Wow was I surprised..He even folded up his little apron and out it in the pantry..A really good boy.
kades:)

I was sitting, reading a book. Cubbie (dog) was lying on the floor about a foot or two in front of me, sleeping. Tony and Carlos (kittens) were playing nearby. What made me smile was when Tony walked over and started sniffing Cubbie's feet and the tip of his tail. Cubbie raised his head and looked at him, then he lay back down and went back to sleep. :cool:
The kitties are not allowed outside, and they haven't tried yet, but they like to sit up on a box and bat at Cubbie's tail as he is on the way out the door!

:)Barbara

I was sitting, reading a book. Cubbie (dog) was lying on the floor about a foot or two in front of me, sleeping. Tony and Carlos (kittens) were playing nearby. What made me smile was when Tony walked over and started sniffing Cubbie's feet and the tip of his tail. Cubbie raised his head and looked at him, then he lay back down and went back to sleep. :cool:
The kitties are not allowed outside, and they haven't tried yet, but they like to sit up on a box and bat at Cubbie's tail as he is on the way out the door!

:)Barbara

your babies sound so cute! sheesh, i miss my kitties.:-p less than a year & we'll find a landlord who allows them.

regarding smile makers...

Our next door neighbor has a cat, a boy cat, named Cooper. He’s very lovely. Real pretty colors, like a light beige/tan tabby. Extra long, they should have name him StretchLimousine. Anyway, we don’t have our cats anymore and often times when I go outside, Cooper is there, stretching out in the sunshine, talking, and wanting me to scruff his fur. He‘s a stinker cause he‘ll let you pet or scruff him, but then he bites, little stink.
My husband told me that last weekend, while he was dying in the heat mowing the lawns, Cooper followed him around our whole yard, meowing and rolling around on the freshly mowed lawns. With our two Siberians in the yard, it’s any wonder that Cooper is still alive after that. While talking to Coopers’ owner last night [across our yards] Cooper was there again talking to his new owner, or so he thinks, my husband and the neighbor were laughing so hard about that, I heard them in my house. Very sweet and any time my man smiles, I smile.

oh, my, is that the two of you????? What a beautiful photo.........

If it was me you were asking, yep, my avvy is a pic of us. It was taken on our wedding day. :)

It's my DH's birthday today - he hans't opened his presents yet, but I know we'll both smile when he does. I found him the t-shirt below. He's a keen flyfisherman, and doesn't enjoy the considerable amount of time he has to spend on the computer - so it suits him to a 'T'. :LOL:

It reads "Online and using the net", and has a pic of a flyfisherman.

Well, I got a phone call from old boss wanting me back. Offered me the same pay as asst mgr, but, I would get commission, which they have NEVER offered to asst's before and also, they will pay 100% of insurance for me.
I am so ready to just go back! I didn't like being manager where everthing was on me, but, I didn't mind being asst mgr at all! Plus, I will be able to move around to all 3 facilities. I won't have Saturdays off anymore, it would be back to 5 days a week, Sunday and one day during the week, BUT, no getting up at 4:30am and I got bored on Saturdays all by myself!!LOL Now, what would you do??

Well, I got a phone call from old boss wanting me back. Offered me the same pay as asst mgr, but, I would get commission, which they have NEVER offered to asst's before and also, they will pay 100% of insurance for me.
I am so ready to just go back! I didn't like being manager where everthing was on me, but, I didn't mind being asst mgr at all! Plus, I will be able to move around to all 3 facilities. I won't have Saturdays off anymore, it would be back to 5 days a week, Sunday and one day during the week, BUT, no getting up at 4:30am and I got bored on Saturdays all by myself!!LOL Now, what would you do??

It sounds like you have already made up your mind about this, and why not. Getting paid commission for the first time as asst man + having 100% insurance paid for must be like a dream.

You get the freedom to move around between facilities so boredom shouldnt be a problem.

I reckon go for it. Sounds like one of them too good to be true offers.

I just don't know if I'll be making a mistake or not. me and dh talked last night, or at least, I rambled,lol. he said, you know, your talking about both jobs and the only good thing you have said about your job now is the 3 days off.
new job - 4 - 10 hour days and fri, sat, sun off
can't talk, unless job related
the graphics is basically words and boxes, no artistic stuff about it, sadly not what I wanted.
waking at 4:30am blah! but off at 5
the pay is good.
the stairs to my office, omg, 30 wooden steps that I have to go up and down on all day to go anywhere. it's killing my knee and him.
no customers to deal with.

old job- 5 - 8 hour days
sunday and one day in the week off
pay is $1.25 less, but, 100% insurance
I can talk all I want
lots of walking so that i can lose this weight better. walking does not bother me in the least. stairs hurt right now.
when bored, can play games and get on internet.
i would be alone 2 days a week, not too thrilled about that one.
have to deal with customers, but, only a handful a week tick me off.

there is what i'm weighing.

I just don't know if I'll be making a mistake or not. me and dh talked last night, or at least, I rambled,lol. he said, you know, your talking about both jobs and the only good thing you have said about your job now is the 3 days off.
new job - 4 - 10 hour days and fri, sat, sun off
can't talk, unless job related
the graphics is basically words and boxes, no artistic stuff about it, sadly not what I wanted.
waking at 4:30am blah! but off at 5
the pay is good.
the stairs to my office, omg, 30 wooden steps that I have to go up and down on all day to go anywhere. it's killing my knee and him.
no customers to deal with.

old job- 5 - 8 hour days
sunday and one day in the week off
pay is $1.25 less, but, 100% insurance
I can talk all I want
lots of walking so that i can lose this weight better. walking does not bother me in the least. stairs hurt right now.
when bored, can play games and get on internet.
i would be alone 2 days a week, not too thrilled about that one.
have to deal with customers, but, only a handful a week tick me off.

there is what i'm weighing.

Ok, my wife and I have had the misfortune, and fortune to have made some large decisions about our lives and careers and every time we have to make one we just weigh up the good vs the bad. Your decision has to be something you can live with, If there is something about the new job that you just can't live with then you have your answer.

I ALWAYS approach decisions as if money is not a factor, because at the end of the day, you can be paid whatever, but if you are not happy doing your job, or actually hate it, your general quality of life will suffer and no money is worth that.

You mention you will be alone for two days, does that mean away from your dh? Or just alone at work or something? I know I would not want to be away from my lovely wife for 1 day let alone several a week.

The best advice I have for anyone in this situation is, you can only make the decision based on the information at hand now. A lot of people bring too many what if scenarios to the table and most of them won't happen. Just look at the best points of each job, the worst points, see if there are any deal breakers, talk it over with dh and go for it one way or the other. I find going on walks of an evening and talking whilst walking helps the mind think clearly.

Just from what you have said to the forum about this opportunity:

pays slightly less but you get commission which should resolve that
only two days off and split days. - lifestyle minus
You can talk all you like - lifestyle plus
100% insurance, probably helps to close the gap on the less pay
lots of walking - lifestyle plus,
can play games and surf net when bored - lifestyle plus
alone two days a week - lifestyle minus
Have to deal with customers - that is really up to you if this is deal breaker or not.

Are you looking at your old job back, as a lifestyle decision where you can improve your quality of life?

Edit - Whoops sorry for the long post.

Back
Top Bottom