Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bucky... always makes me laugh...even at 6:20 in the freaking morning!!!! And NObodies ever been able to do that!!!!

We should all meet in Seattle! *on a sunny day*
You say when! Bucky and I will no doubt make a gallant effort to be there. I know I will! Bucky, for all of you who haven't met him, is warm and sincere. We have the same color eyes which is very odd, but we're both Norweegie decended so that makes it work.
We did do a lot of talking about the folks on here. Both are proud to be part and parcel of this incredible group. Only thing is, my eyes always get brighter in color when tears are close, and Bucky said a few things that of course, created a welling up. That's a good thing though. He is as he is because his heart is very soft. Same as mine. We are in fact, well, he knows the saying I use regarding him. It's pretty special........thank you for your kind thoughts, thank you very much....................I'm blessed BT.........you made me smile worthy.......

You say when! Bucky and I will no doubt make a gallant effort to be there. I know I will! Bucky, for all of you who haven't met him, is warm and sincere. We have the same color eyes which is very odd, but we're both Norweegie decended so that makes it work.
We did do a lot of talking about the folks on here. Both are proud to be part and parcel of this incredible group. Only thing is, my eyes always get brighter in color when tears are close, and Bucky said a few things that of course, created a welling up. That's a good thing though. He is as he is because his heart is very soft. Same as mine. We are in fact, well, he knows the saying I use regarding him. It's pretty special........thank you for your kind thoughts, thank you very much....................I'm blessed BT.........you made me smile worthy.......

Ahhh, that's sweet Lefe's. Somebody other than his mother actually likes B.T., and has noticed that his heart is like his head.:-p:ROFLMAO:

Now that I've slammed him one more time, I gotta say that I know whatcha mean. his attitude toward others, and especially his son make him a first rate guy in my book. Just don't tell him that I said that. As I've stated before, his head swells easily.:LOL:

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

guess who was one of the ones we sweetly discussed GWOTN? Yeppers! You:ohmy:

Lefse; Don't take our bantering as us really bashing each other. We throw verbal jabs, like a couple of freinds giving each other a poke in the ribs. It's a competition thing, done knowing full well that we both respect each other immensely. Sometimes, when freinds play, they play rough. And sometimes we have to be reigned in a little. And mostly, I will always qualify my silliness with a bit of real admiration for the goof, and he does the same with me. We're jsut throwing snowballs at each other in cyberspace, hiding behind our trusty walls of words. and besides, he started it.:rolleyes:

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Cade and I out on the front lawn with red and blue paint and a white t-shirt...We took turns painting our palms first red then blue and putting them on the front and back of the shirt. When it dried we took a large brush and spattered the shirt front and back with speckles..When it dried, under our prints I put Me and Ma on the back US 2008 what fun we had.

kadesma

Cade and I out on the front lawn with red and blue paint and a white t-shirt...We took turns painting our palms first red then blue and putting them on the front and back of the shirt. When it dried we took a large brush and spattered the shirt front and back with speckles..When it dried, under our prints I put Me and Ma on the back US 2008 what fun we had.

kadesma

That is awesome cj!! I hope I get a chance at things like that!!

Such happy memories you are making for that little boy.
He's lucky to have you Kadesma!

kads, that sounds like a lot of fun. it would be neat in a few years to get one of those shirts framed, as a gift.

and thank you everyone. i don't know what to say. i'm just so glad that lefse took the time out of her very busy schedule to come meet me since i couldn't even get out for a lunch break. a co-worker got injured on friday, so i was flying the network solo on saturday. so she came to me, and it made my weekend. thanks lefse. the blessings and smiless were all mine.

Kades, you are one lucky lady and that little one is luckier still. Sounds like an idea I'll be borrowing for my little ones next time I see them. Now I just need to buy 5 little tiny t-shirts and 1 extra huge 1 too. Already have the paints. Thanks for sharing such a sweet story.

Buckster, life is too short not to take experiences and turn them into memories. As I told you, I love memories. Effort? > To meet you, believe me, no effort, but total enjoyment. Remember how we were talking about all of us DC'ers meeting up in one common place, wish it could somehow happen. That would be great fun................

Kades, your story took all of the rascallyness right out of me. I used to do such fun things with my kids when they were children. They were truly a blessing to me. I am touched whenever a parent takes the time to truly have fun with their children. That's one of the most important ways to let them know you love them. Of course, proper discipline and order, and teaching them accountability are equally important. But unfortunately, many adults forget how to play, or at least how to play at a child's level. I am certain that you made Cade's day. And in my book, that makes you someone special, a real cut above the rest.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Well, it wasn't the last thing, but since it happened as I was taking a bath, getting ready for bed at about 6:00 this morning, I couldn't tell you about it then! lol

I was taking a bath, and as usual the kitties (who now both look like girls! grrr) came over to watch and sniff the water. I picked each of them up (separately, so I wouldn't drop one in!) and as I held each of them, I slowly dunked their tails in the water. They didn't notice, and their tails got really wet. When I put them down on the floor, they were okay until they both were "attacked" by long wet snakes! They went berserk! They were running in circles to get away from their wet tails--I thought they were going to fall over from dizziness, but they didn't! It was so cute!

:)Barbara

Kades, your story took all of the rascallyness right out of me. I used to do such fun things with my kids when they were children. They were truly a blessing to me. I am touched whenever a parent takes the time to truly have fun with their children. That's one of the most important ways to let them know you love them. Of course, proper discipline and order, and teaching them accountability are equally important. But unfortunately, many adults forget how to play, or at least how to play at a child's level. I am certain that you made Cade's day. And in my book, that makes you someone special, a real cut above the rest.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Don't let that rascal stay away to long:LOL: that is part of what makes you YOU..Playing with Cade, his brother Carson,cousins Ethan and Olivia is what keeps me going now GW..I can't watch them anymore like I use to so I set up special days for us to do things..So you see these babies make MY day whenever they come to play..We are now learning to paint and next week we are going to be baking cookies:)..Thank you for your message, you've made my day smile.
kadesma

Well, it wasn't the last thing, but since it happened as I was taking a bath, getting ready for bed at about 6:00 this morning, I couldn't tell you about it then! lol

I was taking a bath, and as usual the kitties (who now both look like girls! grrr) came over to watch and sniff the water. I picked each of them up (separately, so I wouldn't drop one in!) and as I held each of them, I slowly dunked their tails in the water. They didn't notice, and their tails got really wet. When I put them down on the floor, they were okay until they both were "attacked" by long wet snakes! They went berserk! They were running in circles to get away from their wet tails--I thought they were going to fall over from dizziness, but they didn't! It was so cute!

:)Barbara

:LOL: I had to laugh , my kitten was just chasing his tail just now and he is not wet .

Knowing that I'm off 4 days. These people feel bad that one of the paid holidays is on a Friday,which is our closed day anyway, so, they are closing Monday too and paying the ones with those benefits. I am not one since I have not been ther long enough anyway, but, I don't care. Does not bother me right now. I have 4 days to get my head together again. woohoo

Back
Top Bottom