Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just noticed that the Venting thread has twice as many posts as this thread. :LOL: Do we really have so much more to vent about than smile about? Out of curiosity, what percentage of your life do you smile and what percentage do you need to vent?

I just noticed that the Venting thread has twice as many posts as this thread. :LOL: Do we really have so much more to vent about than smile about? Out of curiosity, what percentage of your life do you smile and what percentage do you need to vent?
I'm choosing to be optimistic and believe that vents just get more responses than smiles!

I know that I have a lot more to smile about than vent about, but we (including me) tend to be more vocal with problems. It shouldn't be that way though. Thanks for pointing this out!

:)Barbara

i was fretting 'bout being without more than to just pay my debts, & i looked in my little purse that i keep junk in, & don't you know i found 5 $20's & lotsa 5's & 1's!!!

Nick's sister is coming home! She's been away for something like 5 years, living in London England with her girlfriend. She just broke up with her a few months ago and is on the plane today! Can't wait to finally meet her, and Nick is really excited to see her too. Of course, so is their Mom and other brother!! I'm going to bake her a cake that says "Welcome Home Rosie" on it. Chocolate and pb icing.. Mmmmmmm lol

i was fretting 'bout being without more than to just pay my debts, & i looked in my little purse that i junk in, & don't you know i found 5 $20's & lotsa 5's & 1's!!!

Woo-hoo! I love it when that happens!

The last thing that made me smile was that my baby laughed for the first time AND slept through the night this weekend!

:LOL:yeah fer your new baby, B. cool. mommy got a nights sleep! & i cannot wait to be a Mommy & see my baby laugh!:LOL:

I got the first and the biggest!!!:LOL:
img_641295_0_6155de51e620d6dd938344c0f2cf8e0d.jpg

img_641295_1_6053193df7b9ec956f95b12dfabc6ba6.jpg

Last edited:
when mixing up my daughter's bday cake earlier, i smiled. it made me remember all the cakes i have made for her over the years. and she still wants yellow cake with chocolate frosting. she and granddaughters will be here noon tomorrow for bday celebration. mine as well as hers.

babe:)

Thank you b'sgirl
Mav, gonna fry up the filets.
Babe, believe me, your cakes will never be forgotten by your daughter either. I missed that and the first phone call of the day from my momma! My mom used to make mine and my sisters favs, mississippi mud for me and 2 others, german chocolate for the 3rd. She died one month before my 24th. What your doing is very much appreciated, I promise you!!

My one year old getting potty trained! Its only her second day and she is already a pro, mastered #1's and #2's.....lol is that TMI? :)

oh, it's been my experience that girls master this rite of passage far quicker than boys........they don't mind dragging a load behind them.........sorry.........here comes the storm.........jest kidding, guys............

That is truly amazing, Deelady! And expat, you are so right. My little son runs away if I try and change his diaper and my daughter has a fit the second she is done going and stops crying the second her dirty diaper is off. They are 18 months apart but I think I'll end up potty training them at the same time! :LOL::LOL:

Wouln't it be great if we could start the potty traing process while they are still in the womb! Like read a potty training book to our stomachs at night so that way when they are born they got it down and can skip the whole diaper stage!
;)

YAY for potty training!! lol esp at one, my sons have no interest and they are 2 & 3, my 5 yr old waited until he was almost 3 before he would even consider it:ermm:Its definitely a "boy" thing

Back
Top Bottom