"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 03-17-2007, 08:57 PM   #951
Assistant Cook

corazon, as a mother and grandmother, I know how things like that melt our hearts. This made me smile.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #952
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Seeing my kids gobbling up ice cream cones and sandwiches made me smile. They had not had ice cream in over a week. LOL They deserved it today since they've been walking and biking for the last 4 days.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:12 AM   #953
Master Chef

I'm so glad, my computer is up and running again...
lost lots of data :( but thank god not everything... I hope everything will stay okay...
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:58 AM   #954
Master Chef

Having 8 kindergarteners run up to me and hug me and tell me goodbye--we had painted a huge rainbow and though it was a lot of work we all had fun. I'm a volunteer by the way at an international school---such cute, great kids!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #955
Chef Extraordinaire

I was just Awarded my very own, personal, "STAR" !!!

Kinda like the Walk of Fame!!

Made me smile it did...In fact I am still smiling

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #956
Senior Cook

Sometimes I have to work late & don't get home until 9 or 10. It doesn't happen often, but my DH just informed me that he doesn't like it when I don't come home after work right away . . . he needs his "Debbie fix"! Not only did I smile -- BIG -- I got all warm inside! Now is that gooey or what!? :p
Old 03-20-2007, 07:42 PM   #957
Assistant Cook

That's gooey, and nice, and just the way that I like it.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #958
Master Chef

warm feelings

Being with my family for Easter (all but my son Dan in Denver). And when my 5 year old grandaughter Emily talks to you she likes to hold your face in her little hands and look you right in your eyes. She had a owwie (she calls it that) on her lower leg and she showed it to her 4 year old cousin Josh and without saying a word he bent down and gave it a kiss, to make it feel better. Seeing that, sure gave me a warm feeling in my heart.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #959
Assistant Cook

Really it's the sweet, tender things and watching children show tenderness, which usually come from them seeing it demonstrated in their owns lives that makes for a wonderful day, and makes us all stop for at least a moment to realize, how very important everything we do and saw really is, and that others, regardless of their age are watching just about everything we do or say. How very important for us to remember that and live our lives accordingly!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:19 PM   #960
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to CherryRed
After the not so pleasant weekend I had (see venting thread), I couldn't help but smile when a man approached me on the street and told me I should model. Although I think that's a bit of a stretch, I needed it after having felt so inadequate compared to the superhotties my boyfriend drooled over at the car show.

I also watched two toddlers (twins maybe?) fall asleep hugging each other on the train this morning. I'd be lying if I said that didn't brighten my day.