"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 09-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #981
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Watching our new kittens. They are just over two months old and everything is a toy. Every stick, twig or stone.

I have a large white enamel dishpan I fill with water to cool my feet in the evening when Buck and I sit on the porch. It was sitting on the floor, empty, and Mack decided he needed to investigate what this "thing" was. Naturally, he hopped in and immediately started playing with his tail.

At Buck's suggestion I went inside and found a ping pong ball and put it in the dishpan with the kitten. Instant fun. Within minutes Sally joined him and we were treated to a great show.

Mack has now decided that the dishpan is his and when I can't find him in any of his usual sleeping places, I just look in the dishpan. He's usually there.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #982
Assistant Cook

Listening to my nearly grown grandson telling me about the past week in college, and then his Daddy, my son, and him talking about going to play golf. They love it, and I love seeing my children enjoying their children. I love the fact that our family still enjoys the company of one another.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:17 PM   #983
Senior Cook

My 14 week old kittens greeting me when I got home from visiting my DH in the hospital a few minutes ago. I'm no longer alone when he is in the hospital.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #984
Chef Extraordinaire

This morning, watching DH talk to my cat, Elwing, while she answers with a very serious look on her face. He has no idea what she's saying, of course, but he holds up his end of the conversation
Old 09-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #985
Senior Cook

I went fresh water fishing with my DH the other day & although I wasn't catching much of anything, just feeling the warmth of the sun on my face & the cool breeze of the promise of fall on my body was amazing! It made me realize how blessed my life is now.

Then I was abruptly shaken from my bliss with my DH's excited words, "FISH ON! FISH ON!" My pole was bent in the rod holder & I caught a cute little 6" crappie or a dink as he put it. Those little ones can really fight & make you think you have a monster on your pole! My DH always teases me that I go out to watch the butterflies & everything else instead of trying to catch fish! GUILTY!
Old 09-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #986
Chef Extraordinaire

Big grins, for getting that call this morning from my Cade to let me know he had just lost one of his teeth and can't wait to show me

kadesma
Old 09-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #987
Senior Cook

watching our new puppy wag his butt and lick my toes.....after he just got in trouble...again.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #988
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I came across this in my "stuff" and it makes me laugh every time! My scanner isn't working so I found a copy online.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #989
Cook

I had trouble sleeping last night and watched a rerun of Last Comic Standing. That was funny. Then they showed a rerun of Robin Williams on The Actor's Studio. That was hilarious. Apparently he performed live for a total of 5 hours and one person with a hernia actually had to be hospitalized afterward for laughing so hard. So said the host, anyway. At any rate, it was extremely funny.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #990
Master Chef

I returned to my volunteer's job at the international school and having so many children cry "Miss Debbie" upon seeing me after being gone all summer and the excitement on their faces and hugging all of them :):):)