Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That commercial cracks me up! When that dude says "Hi, my name is Peggy", I lose it every time! What a hoot! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Supervisor is genius!

That line cracks me up. I used to work nights in a two person department. We took turns being the supervisor to handle irate calls.

we have fun with that too!

whenever someone calls and tells us their clock is off (all clocks in our building are sync'd so all shows go out on time), we ask them if it is a square clock or round clock. all clockfaces are round, really, but some clocks are installed in square boxes or consoles. so we ask, and no matter what their answer is we tell them to call another extension, which happens to be the second line in our shop. lol.

they get really annoyed when the same person answers the second line, "square (or round) clock maintenance!!!"
:)

yes, we're nerds....

Ugh, I remember when the pants below the wasteline trend started. I don't mind most looks so long as they aren't trashy or lazy looking. The pants falling down looks lazy to me, the skirts that show the underwear look trashy.

I can't really say too much about extreme makeup. I used to own (and wear) lime green, ice blue, dark moss green, deep red, silver, and violet lipstick. I had eye shadow and mascara to match. I also used to wear white mascara.

The falling pants gave me a good laugh when I saw a couple of young men walking together with a soda in one hand and holding up their pants with the other. I had to laugh, they looked so silly.

Smile, heck, fall off our barstools laugh. At our friendly usual Friday get-together, I mentioned a computer glitch I was having registering my husband for a retired military benefit of a pair of glasses a year. But I referred to them as what we did call them in the military .... "Birth Control Glasses". I thought my friends would die laughing and I had to explain. There was a lot of mirth!

When someone wears clothing or makeup that shows class, I don't care how wild it is. In my lifetime, I think I've seen most of what can be done.

When someone wears clothing or makeup that shows no class, I recognize it for what it is; a person with no class who is just trying to draw attention to themselves. To that type of person, even negative attention is better than no attention.

Having class isn't a generational thing. It's something that fits all generations and times. People with no class have been the same type of person since Ug and Mrs. Ug lived at cave street in Dinotown.

I remember once, a couple of decades ago, way before it was common, seeing a young woman in a very conservative Virginia town diner, sporting bright purple hair. I just turned around and looked at her for a few seconds (not a rude stare), and one of my friends told me not to look at her. It's rude. I just laughed and said, well, surely she wants people to look at her! Otherwise she wouldn't do it. Of course now someone could come out with any color of hair whatsoever (fluorescent green?) and you wouldn't look twice.

What made me smile last night was an incidental benefit that came from being here in DC. The House Hunters International program on HGTV that many of us watch, in my case just to see what dwellings look like in other places of the world, featured a couple from Washington, DC, relocating to Gaborone, Botswana. Only two days ago I had Googled Gaborone because one of our DC family, Snip, lives there, and I didn't even know where in Africa it is located. What a happy coincidence, that I could get a thumbnail picture and brief visit there courtesy a fluff TV program. Very pretty place, Snip. :)

PrincessFiona60 said:
What year did you graduate, Chopper? I am class of '78 and I remember lots of things done to the music of Steve Miller band.:blush:

Well...will you look at that? A classmate. I am also from the class of 78!

Sorry I'm late here, but I have to comment on the boy with the pants below his butt. When I was a boy scout leader, we went on a road trip, and there was a kid with us that thought that it was ok to wear his pants that way. I told him that if he did, that I would pull them down. He did it at the camp fire one night and I did just that. Actually he caught them before they reached his ankles, but he kept his pants where they belonged after that. No more problems for the rest of the trip. ;)

My DH gave a birthday party at our house on Saturday for a very dear friend he has known for many years. When he arrived all of the guest (20) men all sang Happy Birthday to him. To hear these guys sing together was so special and so beautiful. These guys are from all walks of life and all ages, they sounded like a choir.

Sunday was so special. We had dinner at my daughters, and I got to sit and just enjoy the kids as they went swimming and used the trampoline. Watching Cade and Carsons dog run and jump into the pool while Ethan and Olivia's Schnauzer ran for cover was a kick:LOL: I truly had a wonderful day.
kades

the beautiful smile on my great granddaughter's face when she saw her princess dress. she immediately began to twirl. i had to turn up hem so had her try it on. it fits perfectly, i am so jazzed. makes it worth all the hard work. should finish up by friday.

babetoo said:
the beautiful smile on my great granddaughter's face when she saw her princess dress. she immediately began to twirl. i had to turn up hem so had her try it on. it fits perfectly, i am so jazzed. makes it worth all the hard work. should finish up by friday.

How sweet! Makes me smile, Babe!

Babe, I am smiling too! I bet that granddaughter of yours is a cutie! I only have grandSONS! I would love to have a granddaughter some day. So nice that you sew for her.

Babe, It sounds like she is not the only one that started to twirl!!!!!!!!:LOL:

Remember the posts in the beginning of this project ? The uncertainty over being able to work with the fabric, concerns over how to do certain steps, ripping out stitches, you've come along way, Babe!!!!!!!!!!!:LOL:

Congratulations!

thank you so much aunt bea. i got the zipper in today. the glue works perfectly. got started on the train. waiting for granddaughter to bring interfacing so i can finish. then the hem and i am done. i have to say i am glad it is almost finished. i am proud of myself and only i know the mistakes that don't show. now onto a top for two year old to wear with tutu for b'day party. don't think i will sew for a while. i have a knitting project i would like to try. right now am coming down with a cold or ? bummer huh? i have to much to do to be sick.

Back
Top Bottom