Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I almost forgot my yesterday's smile - OUR CANUCKS CAME OUT ON TOP OF THE NHL REGULAR SEASON FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!! :w00t::whistling:clap::stuart::mrgreen:

Now, if only I can keep smiling through to (AND including) the last game of the Stanley Cup! :cool:

Last edited:
Katie, that's great news. Lots of fun times in the future for you guys.

Laurie, when a little one like that takes to you and gives you those big smiles, it's enough to make your day. And about the Canucks...

For sure, Andy, we're anticipating loads of fun. I counted at breakfast and when the dust settles and everyone makes their appearance this year, we'll have 16 grandchildren.

Quite a crew and the good thing is that 14 of them are within reasonable driving distance. It only takes us about 6 hours to get to Atlanta. The other two live in the Maryland suburban area of Washington, DC. Now, that's a two-day drive for us. They're younger, they can come to us. Ha! Ha!

We had a beautiful day yesterday and I spent a little while outside. I thought I heard the sound of one of our little "hummer" friends. The scout. They always send one ahead to check out their summer territory. I immediately prepared their favorite feeder in anticipation of the arrival of the rest of the crew.

Well...this morning, just after breakfast, Glenn announced that he saw our little friend feeding at the feeder. That gave me a wonderful smile and I can't wait to see the rest of our summertime guests. There are 4 more feeders to put up. Can't wait. More smiles.

We had a beautiful day yesterday and I spent a little while outside. I thought I heard the sound of one of our little "hummer" friends. The scout. They always send one ahead to check out their summer territory. I immediately prepared their favorite feeder in anticipation of the arrival of the rest of the crew.

Well...this morning, just after breakfast, Glenn announced that he saw our little friend feeding at the feeder. That gave me a wonderful smile and I can't wait to see the rest of our summertime guests. There are 4 more feeders to put up. Can't wait. More smiles.
Yay for hummers! They are so cute.

I love my hummers and they stay around all year long here. But in spring and summer they are more hungry it seems like than in the winter. That seems strange to me but they are what they are. We had two yesterday who insisted on diving over Etan and Livi's head as they played and the dogs really got picked on:LOL:
kades

Laurie, when a little one like that takes to you and gives you those big smiles, it's enough to make your day. And about the Canucks...

Yeah. I think she forgot that there are two Bruins Fans here. She obviously has never seen those banners hanging in the rafter at the Garden. :rolleyes:

And about the Canucks...

Yeah. I think she forgot that there are two Bruins Fans here. She obviously has never seen those banners hanging in the rafter at the Garden. :rolleyes:

Addie, I am well aware of the Bruin's Banners and their fans! I just like bugging Andy about it....but i will bug you too if you want!;)

As for my Canucks, I am not one to get down on them. In fact I am taking blame for their three losses....I didn't watch each game from start to finish, on two games I forgot to wear my Canucks t-shirt and most unforgiving of all, I still haven't put my first flag on my car. But I am readying myself for Wednesday - we still have four games left and we only need four to win! :-p

I think I will watch the Bruins/Caps tonight - maybe my jinx works in reverse for the Bruins!:LOL:

Addie, I am well aware of the Bruin's Banners and their fans! I just like bugging Andy about it....but i will bug you too if you want!;)

As for my Canucks, I am not one to get down on them. In fact I am taking blame for their three losses....I didn't watch each game from start to finish, on two games I forgot to wear my Canucks t-shirt and most unforgiving of all, I still haven't put my first flag on my car. But I am readying myself for Wednesday - we still have four games left and we only need four to win! :-p

I think I will watch the Bruins/Caps tonight - maybe my jinx works in reverse for the Bruins!:LOL:

You can bug me all you want. I have great regards for the teams from Canada. After all it is your game. They have been our nemisis for years. Every time I know we are playing a Canadien team, I can't watch it. I know how good they are and I get so nervous. We are rather rabid fans when it comes to sports. :cool:

We aim to please you Your Ogerness! :)

Addie so you know, I got so torn when the Red Sox play the Blue Jays (our only Canadian baseball team) because I love the Red Sox, but the Blue Jays are the "home team". But I am sorry I will never be able to say I love the Bruins :mad:

:LOL::LOL:

Bostonians are absolutely rabid fans for their teams. A couple of years ago, we had two tourists from NY killed because they had a Yankees sticker on their bumper. I am not that bad. :(

I personally have never understood the rivalry issue. I just admire the excellence of any team or player. Yes, I am the fan in the stands yelling for whoever has the ball.

Back
Top Bottom