Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My dream year is when the Sox win the World Series, the Patriots win the Super Bowl, the Bruins win the Stanley Cup and the Celtics win their chamionship. Will I ever live to see it? I doubt it. :(

taxlady said:
My 16 year old tomcat, Shreddy, caught two mice last night!

Go Shreddy!

My beagle, Sadie, never barks, unless she spots a cat or a deer in the back yard. Lately, she's been barking like crazy, as we have a whole pack of coyotes! We have learned to trust her judgement.

Last edited:
What? No one smiling today! Guess everyone is too busy laughing at "Today's Funny."

Well, I'm smiling like the Cheshire Cat. I go out every morning to water all my plants and my container veggies on and near the front porch.

My decorative plants on the porch, near the front door, include a little pot of jade plants. It's a small, low pot with three "baby" jade plants my best friend gave me about 3 weeks ago. The plants are thriving and, recently, an adult toad has taken to resting in a tiny bare spot in the pot. It looks so cute and is there most days. I've begun calling he/she Kermit and we're friends. I've encouraged him/her to enjoy all the bugs they can catch.

Well, today I went out to do my usual watering and, as I opened the front door to go out, I noticed the tiniest little toad on the door mat. It would've fit perfectly on a nickel. I flipped it was so cute.

Then, a few minutes ago, I went out again and there was another one...even smaller. This little sweetie was so tiny it could easily fit on my pinkie fingernail. Kermit was right there, so I suppose Kermit could be a mommy.

I think I'll try to take a picture the next time I spy the little babies. They are adorable and there's no way you could resist smiling when looking at them.

What? No one smiling today! Guess everyone is too busy laughing at "Today's Funny."

Well, I'm smiling like the Cheshire Cat. I go out every morning to water all my plants and my container veggies on and near the front porch.

My decorative plants on the porch, near the front door, include a little pot of jade plants. It's a small, low pot with three "baby" jade plants my best friend gave me about 3 weeks ago. The plants are thriving and, recently, an adult toad has taken to resting in a tiny bare spot in the pot. It looks so cute and is there most days. I've begun calling he/she Kermit and we're friends. I've encouraged him/her to enjoy all the bugs they can catch.

Well, today I went out to do my usual watering and, as I opened the front door to go out, I noticed the tiniest little toad on the door mat. It would've fit perfectly on a nickel. I flipped it was so cute.

Then, a few minutes ago, I went out again and there was another one...even smaller. This little sweetie was so tiny it could easily fit on my pinkie fingernail. Kermit was right there, so I suppose Kermit could be a mommy.

I think I'll try to take a picture the next time I spy the little babies. They are adorable and there's no way you could resist smiling when looking at them.
Katie, how sweet. Cade has a buddy that lives on the patio and when that kid goes outside the little frog just talks and talks to him he won't answer to anyone else but Cade... He is tiny and noisy:LOL:
kades

Once I realized the "black one" wasn't a mouse, the two baby CHICKS!!!! Hopefully there are more, but those were the two that were out of the nest box. I popped them back in, but I'm still smiling! They are sooooooooooo cute.

Once I realized the "black one" wasn't a mouse, the two baby CHICKS!!!! Hopefully there are more, but those were the two that were out of the nest box. I popped them back in, but I'm still smiling! They are sooooooooooo cute.

Yea! We have chicklets! :w00t2:

Im smiling because of the georgous weather we have here in Munich, Germany today. 30C and sunny. :) As well as that, a tree canopy has formed over my garden, with a little help from me tying the branches up, so I can sit out there even when the sun is blazing down, because of the shade from the trees.

Mel

Oh, dear, you gave me a flashback moment. Munich, (Munchen) Germany, 1968. I can close my eyes and I'm 13 years old. The weather was perfect. The place is so beautiful. We'd had a room in a hotel that was a castle. Then we stayed with local friends in Grunwald. I'm smiling! I love it.

Last edited:
midnight sun a bit south of the arctic circle. We are on our way back around the baltic sea. Two days ago we were at North Cape!

052-Nordkapp3_500.JPG

more on Baltic Sea Circle 2012 - Byzanzgold.de - Eine Hommage an die Farbe that's german, but there are lots of pfotos ;o)

The last thing that made me smile was my husband saying he loves me this morning :) That always makes me smile

My grandchildren today. Spent much of the day with 3 of them while my daughter and son-in-law finished up moving to their new home. Ages 10, 7, and almost 2. My smile muscles always get a work out when I'm with them. :wub:

Oh my goodness....not 5 minutes after I typed the above post and hit 'reply', my other daughter called and told me she's expecting #3! Grandchild #6 is on the way, and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! :wub:

midnight sun a bit south of the arctic circle. We are on our way back around the baltic sea. Two days ago we were at North Cape!

052-Nordkapp3_500.JPG

more on Baltic Sea Circle 2012 - Byzanzgold.de - Eine Hommage an die Farbe that's german, but there are lots of pfotos ;o)
That was quite some trip. Did you drive?

I noticed a road sign with lots of "k"s and "a"s, so I figured it had to be in Finland, then I saw your route map.

Did you go to any of the 23 June, Midsummer Night's Eve celebrations?

Oh my goodness....not 5 minutes after I typed the above post and hit 'reply', my other daughter called and told me she's expecting #3! Grandchild #6 is on the way, and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! :wub:

Congratulations Cheryl, that is wonderful news..grand children all around :)

Lovely also that your daughter and son-in-law finished up moving to their new home :)

Back
Top Bottom