Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanx, guys. i appreciate it.

babetoo, i'm sorry you're not very :) at this point. you know, i often say to myself, 'if this my low end, i can only climb from here, & i'll make it through.' and i prevail. things'll get better.

Helped to arrange a road trip in a local restaurant's party bus, and last night it came off to perfection. The satisfaction of seeing everyone smile and laugh and talk and .... hit lots of out in the country spots that some had never seen or heard of. A great Midwestern road trip. Smiles, smiles, smiles, maybe for months to come!

DH and I were walking beagle, and walked past one of the neighborhood pools, where the little 7 y.o. girl in the pool with her mom recognized my dog and called out her name. Suddenly we hear another shout of beagle's name, and 5 y.o. Bobby runs out of his house. "Bobby, where are your shoes?". Wait a minute. "Bobby, where are your shorts?". "They're right here in my hand!". Nekkid as a jaybird, but he had to come see beagle. Little girl's mom had a good laugh too! Kids do say and do the darndest things!

Last edited:
DH and I were walking beagle, and walked past one of the neighborhood pools, where the little 7 y.o. girl in the pool with her mom recognized my dog and called out her name. Suddenly we hear another shout of beagle's name, and 5 y.o. Bobby runs out of his house. "Bobby, where are your shoes?". Wait a minute. "Bobby, where are your shorts?". "They're right here in my hand!". Nekkid as a jaybird, but he had to come see beagle. Little girl's mom had a good laugh too! Kids do say and do the darndest things!
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

We went camping with friend's over the weekend. Six people and four dogs cramped into a small campsite. Not the camping I am used to. We usually go in the mountains in the wilderness where there are no others. Anyway...we had neighbors VERY close to us. At the end of the weekend the little girl next to us was admiring our dogs. I need to tell you that our Cooper visited them a few times to say hi and allow them to pet him, and our friend's two dogs had made visits to their campsite to use it as a bathroom, so we had called them back several times. The little girl from the site next to ours asked if the red dog had a name. I told her that she was called Maddy. The little girl laughed and said, "oh, I didn't know she had a name...can she walk?". When I assured her that Maddy could walk and took her to see the little girl, she then said, "I knew the other dog's names because they were by our tent and you guys called them back, but I wish I could take this one home because she listens to you guys really well, and Mom says that is a really good dog, and that she would get me one if it was like her!"

Oh, it seems like the dogs rule in the smile department!

Dawgluver and Chopper, I love your stories they made me smile and chuckle :)

My smile is also dog related. I bought a tug toy for the two of them on Saturday and Violet decided it was hers and poor Joie was looking all over for his new toy. So yesterday I went back to the pet store and got a soft little mouse - he loves fabric and little things. He grabbed it out of my hand and took it into his "safe house" (his crate with no door on it) and Violet sat within 3 inches and sulked.

Joie heard some noises and went to check it out. Violet grabbed the mouse and carried it back to the living room. Joie seemed to know so he got her "ring" and set it down as if for a trade. And it worked! Now they each have their toy and are happy as clams!

It's amazing how much like children they can be :)

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: How sweet! Thanks Chopper and LP!

And no lawyers were involved!

Last edited:
Kylie, I couldn't agree more! I get to go to my favourite physiotherapist on Friday for my back and I can't wait. He is really good!

I made a huge broccoli salad for my wonderful DH to snack on and take to work. He will be very happy because he has been craving it and that will put a smile on my face.:) I love doing things for him! :wub:

I am the same LP...I love doing nice little things for my Steve too...it makes you feel good and it shows love :)

Back
Top Bottom