Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This picture:

552340_153746834762178_621112269_n.jpg

Aww, that made me smile too Taxy :)

My smile came last night as DH were catching up on some TV and together time. We were sitting on the couch with Violet curled up between us and her head was on DH's lap. Joie was on the other side of me, chewing on a little scrap of toy (he loves them - right now it is the foot of a plush mouse) allowing me to hold and steady it for him.:LOL:

It doesn't matter what the dynamics of your family are, this is really quality time.:)

Just to show how special this is, Joie is a sort of "rescue dog" and had a lot of issues when we got him 7 years ago. It has taken that long and all our love to get him to trust enough to lay beside us let alone hold onto his toy. :)

The city is about to start doing "rehabilitation" of the water mains on my street, starting today, until the 17th of September. I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to park my car in our underground garage. I just went outside and talked to some construction guys and the guy who seems to be in charge said that the only thing we would have to deal with is a 4" diameter pipe that we will have to drive across. Phew!

I just read a text from my daughter telling me about their U-pick raspberry picking experience today. I had to SMILE when she wrote what my
2 1/2 Year old granddaughter kept saying to her

"like Nana showed me, the red ones".

Lol! She was here a few weeks ago and we had gone out to my little berry patch and I had shown her which berries to pick.....I'm so proud that she remembered!

Last edited:
Just reading what make this DC family smile. It's such a pleasure to read this thread.
kades

Just reading what make this DC family smile. It's such a pleasure to read this thread.
kades

I agree, Ma!

I have a smile I should have reported yesterday. DH called me when he got to work just before he was to start his bus run. They have recently put cameras in the buses which are supposed to help the drivers in case of an accident (it comes on and records anything when there is an impact or sudden stop, but there is a real uproar because the drivers and union believe it is to "spy" on the drivers - DH is not of that opinion). Anyway, he mentioned to me yesterday morning that he is unsure if he should go through yelllow lights or stop quick (could hurt passengers as they are disabled and/or elderly). He said he has been triggering the camera a lot lately.

Anyway, when he got in, he ran into one of the people who survey the cameras and jokingly said "I guess you have been seeing a lot of me lately". To which the guy said "Are you kidding? You are one of the best drivers here and I am not the only one that thinks so"!

DH needed that boost of confidence and I got a smile! I know he is a great driver but my opinion doesn't count. :angel:

Last edited:
I agree, Ma!

They have recently put cameras in the buses which are supposed to help the drivers in case of an accident (it comes on and records anything when there is an impact or sudden stop, but there is a real uproar because the drivers and union believe it is to "spy" on the drivers

DH needed that boost of confidence and I got a smile! I know he is a great driver but my opinion doesn't count. :angel:

Like any large city, Boston has its sections that have a high crime rate. The bus drivers that work those routes, demanded cameras for their own safety. Now ALL the buses and the subway trains along with the platforms have cameras. There are cameras everywhere you look. No stink raised here. We even have cameras on some streets. If you are up to no good, then you have a worry. If you are a law abiding citizen, then no worry.

Our drivers are not allowed to have cell phones with them. We had a rear end accident with a driver texting while driving.

We have had cameras on our buses for awhile now...there are about 3 throughout each bus, I think it is a great idea :)

LOL!! Maybe you had to be here but...I grabbed a handful of M&M's and carefully ate all but the green ones. I took them over to Shrek and traded them out for brown ones in his bowl. The look on his face was priceless and he said "Now what the heck was that all about?" I told him the weren't ripe, yet. He turned as blue as a blue M&M....trying not to give me the satisfaction of a laugh.

LOL!! Maybe you had to be here but...I grabbed a handful of M&M's and carefully ate all but the green ones. I took them over to Shrek and traded them out for brown ones in his bowl. The look on his face was priceless and he said "Now what the heck was that all about?" I told him the weren't ripe, yet. He turned as blue as a blue M&M....trying not to give me the satisfaction of a laugh.

:ROFLMAO: I just love the way you torture him. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PrincessFiona60 said:

Now why can't I think of something so clever? Wait...Hubby doesn't read this forum...maybe I did just think of something clever. I'm off to buy m&m's...;)

Just came home from having tea with a couple we haven't seen for awhile. When we lived closer we would meet all the time at the near to both of us Tim Horton's. When we moved, we saw less and less of each other (we are now 20 minutes apart instead of 5 :wacko:).

It was such a good time to sit and chat. It brought a huge smile to my face that we can just do these kind of things spur of the moment again and not have to worry about Dad or anything.

Then DH and I went to McDonald's for a late supper, returning home to take the dogs for a late walk around the complex. Good exercise for all of us! That was the third walk of the day for DH and "kids" and second for me!

I am loving my summer. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom