Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, and he won. For those of you who don't know what we are talking about, there was a picture of a male model in briefs. To say he was well endowed is putting it mildly. That catalog became the talk of the country. Every woman wanted a copy of that catalog. :ohmy:

I remember that! My mom and auntie were giggling about it - I was just out of high school. A guy wrote a song about that years ago. :ohmy: :LOL::innocent:

Zoot Fenster - The Man On Page 602 - YouTube

We have started moving our rooms around and DH's desk is in his room and I have my desk, sewing desk and one table (will have another at some point. I also have Violet's office bed with me because there are hardwood floors in here and she doesn't like the cool floor.

Anyway, as we predicted, the "girls" are in the studio, while Joie and DH are in the "man cave"! :LOL::LOL: It's not that each favours one of us over the other, it's just how it is! Joie has claimed that room ever since Dad went into the hospital this last time and it seems that he is "allowing" DH to share it with him. ;)

Yesterday one of my older granddaughters stopped by to just visit. She lives out of state and came down from Maine to try and find a job down here. She stopped by again today to use the computer to apply for jobs. I helped raise her and she is very special to me. She is one of the five kids my daughter left behind when she died. It was so good to see her and know she is doing okay. :)

Addie said:
Yesterday one of my older granddaughters stopped by to just visit. She lives out of state and came down from Maine to try and find a job down here. She stopped by again today to use the computer to apply for jobs. I helped raise her and she is very special to me. She is one of the five kids my daughter left behind when she died. It was so good to see her and know she is doing okay. :)

That would make me smile too! I sure hope she finds a job and will be living close by you.
;)

Addie,
I'm with chopper on this one. I hope and pray she finds that perfect job and moves so she can be close to her "Ma" and the smile never leaves your face.
kades:)

Now I need to share my smile. This morning my daughter stopped by to pick up the foccacia, sandwiches I made for her and a teacher friend. I piled on the ham,mortadella with pistashio's thin sliced apple, swiss cheese mayo and mustard.oh yes and lettuce. add a small baggies of homemade pickles,and sliced avocado, tomato and thin sliced onion. These were just in case condiments:LOL: I'm so use to seeing both boys with her I was shocked not to see Cade. He is going to Jr.High now and starts school next tues. Little Carson came running in threw himself on the bed, hugged me and asked ever so sweetly, Ma did the tooth fairy come. Yes honey he left you 5.00 Here it is under the pillow. Boy did he grin the day was made and he was off to school.
Wonderful way to start the day.
kades:LOL:

Now I need to share my smile. This morning my daughter stopped by to pick up the foccacia, sandwiches I made for her and a teacher friend. I piled on the ham,mortadella with pistashio's thin sliced apple, swiss cheese mayo and mustard.oh yes and lettuce. add a small baggies of homemade pickles,and sliced avocado, tomato and thin sliced onion. These were just in case condiments:LOL: I'm so use to seeing both boys with her I was shocked not to see Cade. He is going to Jr.High now and starts school next tues. Little Carson came running in threw himself on the bed, hugged me and asked ever so sweetly, Ma did the tooth fairy come. Yes honey he left you 5.00 Here it is under the pillow. Boy did he grin the day was made and he was off to school.
Wonderful way to start the day.
kades:LOL:

How sweet! Of course, Cade will never outgrow his Ma, but I can see his life is getting busier.

That is great, Addie!

Addie, I am with Chopper and Kades. It would be great for both of you if your granddaughter moved close to you. You are both in my thoughts and prayers!

Kades, I am with the Princess. You are deep in the hearts of all your grandchildren, specially Cade. He may be growing up but he will always love his Ma! And now Carson is taking that place and giving you smiles to remember. Oh, and remember you always have me! :rolleyes::flowers:

Oh, and I wish I knew you when I was Carson's age - I got a quarter from the toothfairy :ROFLMAO:

My smile - I was at my physiotherapist appointment and he is concerned about the spasms I am having up my back from my left hip. So he decided to work on the whole back. I get on the bed on my stomach and he places needles (similar to accupuncture) all over my back and sides. Then he says "I'll be right back I have to get your chart ... don't go anywhere!". :ermm::LOL:

LPBeier said:
My smile - I was at my physiotherapist appointment and he is concerned about the spasms I am having up my back from my left hip. So he decided to work on the whole back. I get on the bed on my stomach and he places needles (similar to accupuncture) all over my back and sides. Then he says "I'll be right back I have to get your chart ... don't go anywhere!". :ermm::LOL:

More than a smile. I was reading this and chuckled. Like you would go anywhere looking like a porcupine. :D

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Want to race?

That is so funny :LOL:

Addie, I am with Chopper and Kades. It would be great for both of you if your granddaughter moved close to you. You are both in my thoughts and prayers!

Kades, I am with the Princess. You are deep in the hearts of all your grandchildren, specially Cade. He may be growing up but he will always love his Ma! And now Carson is taking that place and giving you smiles to remember. Oh, and remember you always have me! :rolleyes::flowers:

Oh, and I wish I knew you when I was Carson's age - I got a quarter from the toothfairy :ROFLMAO:
I'd have loved that LP. You'd have been my other little princess along with Olivia. I do love these little girls. You are right about my Cade. Geez he is now as tall as I am:ohmy: Starts Jr. High this coming tuesday. Can you believe that? DH is worried about him so we plan to go out there several times a week, pick him up and treat him to some ice cream or a sundae and then take him home so he has an adult around til him mom get's home. I know him and I also know he does just as his mom say's so No other kids are going to get in the house or around the pool til him parents come home. Thank heavens. Ok there Missy I saw your post about the needles so don't ya go runnin by my house dressed like that:ROFLMAO:
ma

The last thing to make me smile was seeing a father and young daughter out for a run ( she looked to be about 10 years old). It just warmed my heart. I wish I would have done things with my dad.

Goofy Roe, again. She's just so darn cute, she about did a double back flip out of another Auntie's lap to come say Hi to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom