Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What with the two dowagers on Downton and lots of other examples, this may turn out to be a LOL year! (Little Old Ladies) We're in a pretty big club. Huzzah! :LOL:

What with the two dowagers on Downton and lots of other examples, this may turn out to be a LOL year! (Little Old Ladies) We're in a pretty big club. Huzzah! :LOL:

If the writing stays as good as it has been and Shirley delivers her lines like only she can, this is going to be one heck of a season. :angel:

I'm teaching the little guy how to swim--he goes crazy over REAL eggs, but is afraid of water. We had an underwater tea party today. He's liking how I get him in the water...he has also (at the age of 8) agreed to take care of me in my old age if I can teach him how to swim. He was so funny--didn't want to get in the pool but when I asked him if he'd like to have an underwater tea party, he was all in. So cute and all in.

If the writing stays as good as it has been and Shirley delivers her lines like only she can, this is going to be one heck of a season. :angel:

I heard a reviewer's opinion that Season 3's writing is even better than 1 & 2.

Do you remember in Terms of Endearment Shirley's delivery when Jack Nicholson as an astronaut is giving her a come-on line, and she gives him a steely-eyed look, and interrupts him with "Blah, blah, blah." Stops him dead in his tracks. My fave.

Talking to my husband on the phone this lunch time as it was his first day back at work today after having 2 weeks off and I miss him

Talking to my husband on the phone this lunch time as it was his first day back at work today after having 2 weeks off and I miss him

Don't you love that moment when he gets home and all is right with the world again. I just love that first embrace at the end of a long day apart.;)

I have two ear-to-ear smiles today.

The first goes to Pacanis for his "thank you notifications" thread and all the people who have responded. I specially like the comment that he started the thread because he didn't think he was getting enough thanks! We love you Pac, thanks for the smile and for being you! :)

The second smile goes to my awesome hubby, TB. He got up extra early today to take me to the dentist for my root canal, went to the auto store (Canadian Tire for those who know it) and got me both windshield washer fluid and a new wiper blade. He was able to fix the arm himself and installed everything for me. He also took the dogs for an extra long second walk so I could get some rest, and wanted to do my grocery shopping for me too (instead I told him to have an hour nap before he had to leave for work). He is definitely a keeper! :)

I have two ear-to-ear smiles today.

The first goes to Pacanis for his "thank you notifications" thread and all the people who have responded. I specially like the comment that he started the thread because he didn't think he was getting enough thanks! We love you Pac, thanks for the smile and for being you! :)

The second smile goes to my awesome hubby, TB. He got up extra early today to take me to the dentist for my root canal, went to the auto store (Canadian Tire for those who know it) and got me both windshield washer fluid and a new wiper blade. He was able to fix the arm himself and installed everything for me. He also took the dogs for an extra long second walk so I could get some rest, and wanted to do my grocery shopping for me too (instead I told him to have an hour nap before he had to leave for work). He is definitely a keeper! :)

Hoping the smile feels better now after your root canal, LP! Glad it went well, along withthe rest! :)

Last edited:

Don't you love that moment when he gets home and all is right with the world again. I just love that first embrace at the end of a long day apart.;)

I sure do Chops :)

+1 :) TB used to ask why I waited up until midnight for him to come home from work even when I am really tired. I would tell him to give me a hug and kiss and then I will answer and he finally realized that was the reason! ;)

Well girls, that is the way a marriage is made to be. Truly God's plan! So nice to hear. :)

This morning I discovered three little striped caterpillars chewing away on the milkweeds I planted just for them. If the birds don't get them they should turn into Monarch butterflies before very long.

This morning I discovered three little striped caterpillars chewing away on the milkweeds I planted just for them. If the birds don't get them they should turn into Monarch butterflies before very long.

Keep an eye out for the cocoons. With any luck you will be able to watch them hatch and see them take their first flight. I love nature.

When I would take the GS on a field trip, I would make them turn over logs and see what was living underneath. A whole 'nuther world. :angel:

w00t!

Are you making a butterfly garden? Do you have other plants to attract butterflies?

TL, you live right on the migration path of the Monarch when it leaves Mexico. We get a big influx of them in the Spring. :angel:

Lizzie, this just brought a smile to my face! I love love caterpillars and butterflies! :) Keep me posted!

My milkweed also attracts Swallowtails, another beautiful butterfly. Love ' em ! They also like dill, and smell like dill when you pet them.

My milkweed also attracts Swallowtails, another beautiful butterfly. Love ' em ! They also like dill, and smell like dill when you pet them.
You pet butterflies?! :ohmy: They don't fly away too fast? My mommy told me that if you touch the wings of a butterfly, the magic dust comes off and then they can't fly, so never touch butterflies. :LOL:

You pet butterflies?! :ohmy: They don't fly away too fast? My mommy told me that if you touch the wings of a butterfly, the magic dust comes off and they can't fly, so never touch butterflies. :LOL:

Unless she is talking about petting caterpillars. :)

Back
Top Bottom