Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just woke up to an email from our niece saying her awesome hubby was presented with the "Queen's Jubilee award" for service to Canada.

He runs the totally volunteer (including him) search and rescue team in a remote part of the province which has very rugged terrain and covers a large area. They have preformed very risky searches (some sadly recovery) and he was very heroic during fires in that area a few years ago. Our niece is a paramedic and the two of them worked on evacuation and rescue 24/7 while their own house was at risk.

We are so proud of our nephew and now so is our country! :)

Just woke up to an email from our niece saying her awesome hubby was presented with the "Queen's Jubilee award" for service to Canada.

He runs the totally volunteer (including him) search and rescue team in a remote part of the province which has very rugged terrain and covers a large area. They have preformed very risky searches (some sadly recovery) and he was very heroic during fires in that area a few years ago. Our niece is a paramedic and the two of them worked on evacuation and rescue 24/7 while their own house was at risk.

I hope they held a ceremony for the presentation so that more folks could hear about him and the program. What a great honor. First responders don't get the recognition that they deserve. Congratulations to all! Now you have the tune of "Oh Canada" running through my head. :angel:

That's wonderful, LP! We're all proud of him, too.

Oh my! I just had a second smile though this one brought some tears as well. We got a call yesterday from a florist that they had a delivery for us and asked for directions. They said it would probably be this morning and a few minutes ago the doorbell rang.

We were speculating who it is from and were totally surprised to receive a beautiful basket of violets and greenery from ..... our vet's office! The card said "For our beloved Joie".

:)

Last edited:
Oh my! I just had a second smile though this one brought some tears as well. We got a call yesterday from a florist that they had a delivery for us and asked for directions. They said it would probably be this morning and a few minutes ago the doorbell rang.

We were speculating who it is from and were totally surprised to receive a beautiful basket of violets and greenery from ..... our vet's office! The card said "For our beloved Joie".

How sweet of them. Our vet sent a condolence card when we lost a fur-baby. I know you know, but your vet's a keeper :)

That brought me a smile and tears as well.

What a loving and thoughtful vet. It brought a smile to my face also.

Two smiles in one day. How fortunate you are. :angel: And one for Joie. I am sure one is looking over him. :angel:

That's just plain cool and awesome!

A friend of mine (I used to babysit him!) just posted something his daughter said today and it definitely made me smile. "I think Santa and Easter bunny are the same person in a different costume. It would be a waste of persons to only have them dress up on one day!"

I have a new lob carb friend I can "talk" to. ;) it sure does make me smile!:):)

My first smile was Friday night when my BIL came over for dinner. He and TB were in TB's office with their computers while I cooked dinner. My BIL was sitting on the leather love seat that Violet has claimed as her own. I walked in to tell them dinner was almost ready and there was Violet curled up on the couch with her head on his leg. It warmed my heart to see her so content! :)

Then today I went out and was gone for several hours. TB is back to work today so Violet was alone. She was so excited when I came home. So, after I had rested a bit and gotten something to eat, I decided I would try to take her for a very short little walk. She wanted to go full out, but she knew I couldn't and tried her hardest not to pull too much. I think we were only out for 10 minutes (TB takes her for 20 - 40 minutes at a time), but when we got back into the house, she gave me a sweet little kiss on the nose as if to say "thank you Mommy, I know that was hard on you but I loved it"! :wub:

My first smile was Friday night when my BIL came over for dinner. He and TB were in TB's office with their computers while I cooked dinner. My BIL was sitting on the leather love seat that Violet has claimed as her own. I walked in to tell them dinner was almost ready and there was Violet curled up on the couch with her head on his leg. It warmed my heart to see her so content! :)

Then today I went out and was gone for several hours. TB is back to work today so Violet was alone. She was so excited when I came home. So, after I had rested a bit and gotten something to eat, I decided I would try to take her for a very short little walk. She wanted to go full out, but she knew I couldn't and tried her hardest not to pull too much. I think we were only out for 10 minutes (TB takes her for 20 - 40 minutes at a time), but when we got back into the house, she gave me a sweet little kiss on the nose as if to say "thank you Mommy, I know that was hard on you but I loved it"! :wub:
Awww

cograts to your niece's nubby, lp! that kind of work takes a whole host of smarts, experience, and general toughness.

My little daughter clean up her toys from the floor and then told me "Mamma see how big girl and good girl I am."

A friend of mine (I used to babysit him!) just posted something his daughter said today and it definitely made me smile. "I think Santa and Easter bunny are the same person in a different costume. It would be a waste of persons to only have them dress up on one day!"

3 "awws" in a row!

Back
Top Bottom