Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found a brand new Ronco Rotisserie at a place called Savers that had all the original parts, every extra that came with mine. Tie back, thermometer, gloves, injector, skewers, accessories books and an extra diet manual, VHS tape (who still has those?) still in the bag yesterday. It's never been used just dusty. It's just like mine.

Couldn't pass up a $25.00 deal so I bought it. Going to give it to my sons best friend who loves my rotisserie chicken. He's been wanting one of his own forever. He's been busy slowly building up items for his kitchen. It's his First apartment. I'll clean it up today. Invite him over for a rotisserie chicken dinner tonight then give it to him after dinner.

Cuz' I'm nice like that :wub: Heh, right... :LOL:

Munky.

Well we've set the rotisserie day to Wednesday. It will be more of the usual routine for him. He had a date yesterday anyways. Some guys have all the luck. My husband and I call him our adopted son. He has dinner over here often. He's going to be absolutely floored when he sees that he finally will have his own. Every time he comes over he says " I want one of those!" I check his truck before he leaves just to make sure mine isn't in his back seat.:ROFLMAO:
I can see his big grin smile already.

It's all cleaned up and purdy. Tested it out pretty good yesterday. It works like a charm. Wish him luck with the VHS tape. LOL!!!!
Can't believe what Amazon is charging for the platinum one's it's outrageous now. When I got mine at Macy's it was $89.00 many many years ago. It's still working great. knock wood.:angel:

Munky.

I just looked at the 14 day forecast. No more below freezing after Wednesday, 27 March. Okay, it could still go below below 0C later in April, but it looks good for now.

Attachments

• 2013-03-24 fourteen day forecast.jpg
    2013-03-24 fourteen day forecast.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 144
we had our first little league baseball practice today.

it was great to meet the boys on the field, and teach them how to run through first base, or follow the coaches signs to continue on, and how to field grounders at short stop.

i think that i have more fun than the kids do, hitting balls and shagging flies... :)

some kids are athletically gifted, some not. but we're already a team. since we're sponsored by a small samdwich shop named keith's bagels, the boys decided we should put our hands in together to start and count 3-2-1 BAGELS!

and at the end if practice, put their hands in and shout 3-2-1 Cream Cheese!

almost all of these kids come from what is considered lower income families, so these lessons reach far beyond our national past time.

life can't get much better.

Last edited:
Shagging flies? Aren't they far too small? Oh wait, googling lets me know that "shagging flies" means catching fly balls. Phew, I was :wacko: for a moment there. :LOL:

we had our first little league baseball practice today.

it was great to meet the boys on the field, and teach them how to run through first base, or follow the coaches signs to continue on, and how to field grounders at short stop.

i think that i have more fun than the kids do, hitting balls and shagging flies... :)

some kids are athletically gifted, some not. but we're already a team. since we're sponsored by a small samdwich shop named keith's bagels, the boys decided we should put our hands in together to start and count 3-2-1 BAGELS!

and at the end if practice, put their hands in and shout 3-2-1 Cream Cheese!

almost all of these kids come from what is considered lower income families, so these lessons reach far beyond our national past time.

life can't get much better.

I know Spring is just around the corner. bt is out there with his boy and other kids who will end up loving him. Only because his is just a boy that is a bit bigger than them.

bt, have yourself a ball. It sounds like you have found your niche in life. And it has to do with kids. They couldn't have a better role model. :angel:

i think that i have more fun than the kids do, hitting balls and shagging flies... :) ...

...life can't get much better.

Bucky you never fail to make me smile. How you are with your boy and the other kids is absolutely amazing. :)

Violet never fails to make me smile, though I have been worried about her since Joie passed. She has been so in need of attention, in pain, not eating. But it seems in the past couple of days she is getting to be more old goofy self.

First she helps me "recycle". How she does this is by removing items such as paper towel/toilet paper rolls, the ends from pop can boxes out of the recycling bag and box. We can bury them and she still finds them. She rips them up and them leaves them for us to clean up. And she is so proud of herself when she does it. I was cleaning my office the other day and put a flattened box from my tax software into the recycling pile and she took it and for two days has been carrying it all over the house. We laugh and say she is "doing her taxes"! :LOL:

Tonight, she was lying beside me on the couch (on her blanket) while I was watching curling and putting together some storage cubes for my craft room. She all of a sudden popped up her head, looked at me, got down and ran toward the dining room. It was 8:02 pm and she wanted her treats. Joie always was the one to "tell time" and run to where the treats are kept - he wouldn't miss a chance for food! Violet would always wait until she was called and let him do all the work. It is nice to see she is picking up where he left off :angel:

Last edited:
I have a smile because it is spring break and I didn't have to get going early for work this morning. It is almost 10:00 and I am thinking about getting dressed (after this cup of tea). I have lots to do, but it feels good to relax a bit before I get going.:rolleyes:

I'm getting some lamb! The DH is designing and fabricating an automatic "kabober" for a Greek restaurant. The testing has involved skewering chicken and today's test involved lamb. He doesn't like lamb, but I do! It is already marinated, so I'm thinking ground lamb for my dolmatas (sp) in June....and, I've asked him to ask his client if he would let me order some lamb through him from his wholesaler...

Daniel (my 5yr old) learned how to ride a bike without training wheels yesterday :)
It's his big sister's bike. He called me outside and showed me what he had learned all by himself. I'm sooooo proud!!!!
He hasn't had a bicycle in over a year, my clever boy :)

He has broken 4 bicycles so I told him he has to wait till his birthday to get a new one but I think this earns him a big boy bike now.

Last edited:
Daniel (my 5yr old) learned how to ride a bike without training wheels yesterday :)
It's his big sister's bike. He called me outside and showed me what he had learned all by himself. I'm sooooo proud!!!!
He hasn't had a bicycle in over a year, my clever boy :)

He has broken 4 bicycles so I told him he has to wait till his birthday to get a new one but I think this earns him a big boy bike now.

Before you know it, he will be riding off to conquer the world. Or bring home a bride. :angel:

he'll be asking you for plywood to make a jump by tomorrow, snip.

congrats to your little daniel knievel.

I love it when someone teaches himself to ride a bike. I was about his age when I taught myself to ride my sister's big bike. I didn't have one of my own, so I learned on hers. The only thing was I was too little to reach the seat! I just stood up and rode. This impressed my parents so much that Dad took me to the used bike store about a month later ( when he had saved up enough money) to get a bike that was sized for me. He dropped me off at the corner on the way home ( about a mile from home) so I could ride the bike home. You know, I could not ride that bike while sitting on the seat even though the man in the store had set it at the right level for me. I stood up and rode all the way home. When I got to the house, Dad moved the seat way up and I could ride. I guess I just got in the habit of riding standing and reaching. I have never had a close relationship with my Dad, but that is one of my fondest memories of being together. Now, he is a lonely old man, and I call him every week. I will be visiting him this summer. Yes, I'm smiling now. :)

Back
Top Bottom