Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love it when someone teaches himself to ride a bike. I was about his age when I taught myself to ride my sister's big bike. I didn't have one of my own, so I learned on hers. The only thing was I was too little to reach the seat! I just stood up and rode. This impressed my parents so much that Dad took me to the used bike store about a month later ( when he had saved up enough money) to get a bike that was sized for me. He dropped me off at the corner on the way home ( about a mile from home) so I could ride the bike home. You know, I could not ride that bike while sitting on the seat even though the man in the store had set it at the right level for me. I stood up and rode all the way home. When I got to the house, Dad moved the seat way up and I could ride. I guess I just got in the habit of riding standing and reaching. I have never had a close relationship with my Dad, but that is one of my fondest memories of being together. Now, he is a lonely old man, and I call him every week. I will be visiting him this summer. Yes, I'm smiling now. :)

How sweet :) I could just picture a little Chopper riding an over sized bike!

I bought a watch through Groupon and it came in this package:

Attachments

• 2013-03-26 15.02.43.jpg
    2013-03-26 15.02.43.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 174
My son The Pirate sent me $20 to my PayPal account. He did a plumbing job today and got some serious $$$. Unexpected money always makes me smile. :angel:

Best Money I've ever Spent

The Rotisserie went over well. He just loved it. Called his girlfriend and told her all about it. He asked me if I'd make up a recipe booklet for it of my own recipes. I don't have any! :LOL:

Sweet justice time. Trust me I'm grinning ear to ear over this one.
Who would have thought a cheap $26.00 buck investment for materials would accomplish sooooo much.

I just finished redoing some cheapy dining room chairs. Bought the foam, staple gun, extra staples. 3yards of brand new material at Savers for .99. Put it all to work.

I asked my husband for his old uniforms for material. They were free. Dissected the chairs and uniforms. Reupholstered all the chairs. They turned out really nice. I've never taken on a project like that. They look like they have been professionally done.

Sweet justice? You bet. I don't like my husbands occupation. It's 95% of my stress level. It's been bumped down every time I see those chairs to 85. Because now I can sit on them as loooooong as I want!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ohmy:

Happy Munky. :-p

In relationships, it is the little things that count. I asked the DH to pick up some sweet potatoes (they were on sale). Well, he picked up the sweet potatoes, but he also picked up 4 purple sweet potatoes because purple is my favorite color (and the purple ones weren't on salel). Aww....

In relationships, it is the little things that count. I asked the DH to pick up some sweet potatoes (they were on sale). Well, he picked up the sweet potatoes, but he also picked up 4 purple sweet potatoes because purple is my favorite color (and the purple ones weren't on salel). Aww....
Yes, awww

The Rotisserie went over well. He just loved it. Called his girlfriend and told her all about it. He asked me if I'd make up a recipe booklet for it of my own recipes. I don't have any! :LOL:

Sweet justice time. Trust me I'm grinning ear to ear over this one.
Who would have thought a cheap $26.00 buck investment for materials would accomplish sooooo much.

I just finished redoing some cheapy dining room chairs. Bought the foam, staple gun, extra staples. 3yards of brand new material at Savers for .99. Put it all to work.

I asked my husband for his old uniforms for material. They were free. Dissected the chairs and uniforms. Reupholstered all the chairs. They turned out really nice. I've never taken on a project like that. They look like they have been professionally done.

Sweet justice? You bet. I don't like my husbands occupation. It's 95% of my stress level. It's been bumped down every time I see those chairs to 85. Because now I can sit on them as loooooong as I want!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ohmy:

Happy Munky. :-p

:clap: Happy Munky indeed. Did the Rotisserie come with a recipe book? If not, can you download one for him? Nothing like saving a dollar where ever you can. Leaves you with a great feeling. :angel:

:clap: Happy Munky indeed. Did the Rotisserie come with a recipe book? If not, can you download one for him? Nothing like saving a dollar where ever you can. Leaves you with a great feeling. :angel:

Actually it came with 2. The original and the additional Ronco dieters pamphlet. Plus the VHS tape that he thought was hilarious. I'll jot down my basic recipes. He can take it and do his own thing. Just to get him started.

Who ever had that rotisserie before me must have bought or intended it to be a gift for someone. It actually had more ties and goodies added to it then the platinum one that I bought.

Just heard he took it to work this morning. Those guys are making Tri Tips on it for lunch.

Hubby's friends are donating their old uniforms to me. "She can have mine to!!!!" They thought it was funny what I did with them. Cleverrrr :smartass:

Munky.

Got a phone call from the people who adopted Hope (Trinity of Hope Dog Rescue) was named in honour of Hope. Unfortunately, they called about a 5-6 yr. old Saint that needs help (owner got transferred, can't take the dog). I would take him in a heartbeat but I'm leaving for MN to take care of my mom and have don't have a place to park him while I'm gone. It was nice to hear from them....

Back
Top Bottom