Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do love him so.

When I bought my home the previous owner was moving out of town and asked me if I wanted him.

We hit it off right away. Instant pals.

That was December '99.

Where does the time go?

I just realized the he's at least 13.

He's semi feral. Now that he's older he comes inside more often at night and sleeps with me.

Even though he's an old guy he'll still swat and bite at my feet through the covers.

When I'm in my shop and not using power tools he hops onto my work bench and hangs out.

View attachment 17629

Oh Lord! I sound like a father gushing over his son!

My Latté sits in the kitchen making sure the food I cook is at least fit for humans if not cats. She also makes sure I don't drown in the shower or have restless leg syndrome when I'm sleeping.

Attachments

• latte's bed 002.JPG
    latte's bed 002.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 137
Aww, she's a beauty. Our animals are such a blessing.

I can come home from the crappiest day at work, give Max some loving and the stress just melts away.

I really like my front loader. I got used to them in Denmark in the '70s!

I think most of the modern ones only fill as much water as is needed for the size of the load; mine does. I also love the way it does cold wash. In winter when the water is icy, it adds a bit of hot so the water is cold instead of nearly frozen.

Just after WWII A company called Bendix came out with a front loader. So they are not that new.

It was bought out by Philco. Yes folks, I am old enough to remember them. I almost remember Conestoga Wagons, but not quite. :angel:

Not Having To Pay A Dime. YEEEEEHAAWWW!

My guys got me another Electralog heater. Same model as the other.

I had just ordered a few weeks ago a motor for the old one. Every moving part has been replaced since I've had it. Apparently my unit was still on the books- Red Flagged- Defective. They sent it to me free. 2 days later the last and final moving part that hadn't needed to be replaced went. #$#$#$#$!!!.
The blower. Put off ordering the part.

I got the new one last week. It sounded a little weird when I turned the heater on. The ratty tatt tatt sound went away after a few seconds. It was the blower.Thought I should call them today.

Guess what? This unit to is defective!$#$$#$#$!!!
The rep couldn't believe that not 1 but 2 that we've bought are shot.
"This doesn't make us look good at all!"
She suggested I return it to Amazon. I said that's impossible. It's too heavy for me to lift. The shipping costs would be substantial on my part.

She went above and beyond to correct the problem. Great customer service today. I didn't have to wait an hour and a half to get to a rep this time. Not only do I not have to pay for the blower. She's sending me every possible part for the new unit that can and will go for free.
This unit is now red flagged- Registered on it's own.

I told her I'd pay for for the part for the older one. She wouldn't have it.
Those parts aren't exactly cheap.

Karma!:angel:

Yay! And of course you posted the recipe. You did post the recipe?

Hmmm...I was pretty sure I had, but not finding it.

I need to go get it started so I can watch The Voice and do prep during commercials!

I'll type it up later, it's really quite simple but takes lots of chopping.

Thank you Jeff :)

Yes, I must admit, I still have the dregs going on...it will probably be a few more days before I feel 100%...cant wait :)

I called to check on my debit card balance this morning expecting about $100 left before next week's SS deposit (3rd Wednesday of the month).

Imagine my surprise to find my deposit was already made on the 3rd of this month. I had heard that they often change deposit dates without notification.

Big smile! I can go shopping today.

I had often wished to have my deposit made on the same day every month. By using the 3rd Wednesday payment, every third month I have to stretch my funds an extra week.

I'm still smiling! Shopping went well.

May's rent and electric are paid and I got a couple of new plants.

One is a little Schefflera (umbrella plant). I've always wanted one, and this one, being little (9" tall with pot) was less than $4. Larger ones are going for up to $100.

The other plant is a pretty purple basil. A little smushed from the trip home, but it's already bouncing back.

I feel like I got away with something. Big grin!

great feeling--about as good as it gets, without actually breaking the law! :)

the schefflera, with just ordinary care, will deight you with its rapid growth, and its new leaves and blossoms aplenty....:)

I'm still smiling! Shopping went well.

May's rent and electric are paid and I got a couple of new plants.

One is a little Schefflera (umbrella plant). I've always wanted one, and this one, being little (9" tall with pot) was less than $4. Larger ones are going for up to $100.

The other plant is a pretty purple basil. A little smushed from the trip home, but it's already bouncing back.

I feel like I got away with something. Big grin!
w00t!

Back
Top Bottom