Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the link. We have recently admitted a man with CP, same age as Rick Hoyt, and his medical history says he is "profoundly mentally retarded" but he hears and understands what is said to him, is able to express his dislike or anger with facial expressions. I wonder now if he'd had the same life experience as Rick Hoyt he would have thrived.

PF, of all the runners in the Marathon, this father/son team get the loudest cheers from the folks on the sidelines all along the whole 24.6 miles of the race. And the TV stations always cover them while they are running and on the six o'clock news at night. It wouldn't be news if they didn't cover them. When they cross the finish line, you would think they ran the race in under ten minutes and came in first. I personally think they are the most important ones in the race. It shows what love can do. :angel:

i finally got through to a "difficult" boy tonight at baseball practice.

he has obvious attention problems, and while he coyld be a great athlete, he dogs it during our workouts, gets distracted all the time, and pays no attention to our instruction doing whatever he likes.
but i found a couple of keys to him tonight that i hope i can develop.

during warmups, i told him to throw the ball at me as hard as he could've (with proper form, looking dead red into my mitt, stepping straight at me, and firing the ball as hard as he could as if he was pointing at me) and he was great. i told him i could catch anything he throws so not to be afraid to let it go, and he did. crack, right into my mitt. time after time.
woohoo, i complimented him on every throw that was perfect, and corrected his minor flaws, and he got better, and faster, and we both really enjoyed it.

then, noticing that he craves attention but gets lost easily or simply rebels, i squatted down (no cup :huh:) and worked a bit with him on focusing in on nothing else but throwing strikes crack went my mitt, time after time.
so i dangled the carrot in front of him that he could be one of our pitchers.
you shoulda seen his face.

if i can but teach a little focus and technique, and of course he has just a little success, we all win. with failure and continued support, he wins even more. he needs both.

it's going to be tough as he's a very moody kid, but i'm willing to try. he can really benefit from this in so many ways.

Last edited:
Wow bt, I wish I could reach right over and give you a big hug! I marvel at people who have the patience to work with those kinds of kids. Of course those are exactly the kids that need the extra support. And all this on no sleep since last week Wednesday! Great job!

BTW, if you turn him into a credible pitcher could you please call the Cleveland Indians and offer your services? Ubaldo Jimenez could use all the help he can get!

lol, thanks cg.

kids are easy to work with in sports. they're kids for gods sakes. they're not expected to perform. just have fun and learn without knowing it.

it branches out from there.

lol, thanks cg.

kids are easy to work with in sports. they're kids for gods sakes. they're not expected to perform. just have fun and learn without knowing it.

it branches out from there.

Thanks for your patience and good work. You make a difference. How wonderful. It feels good to hear of such kind acts of love for mankind.

thanks, chop. you well know tbrough scouts how to teach kids the basic things in life that they'll use forever.

lol, scouting is very cerebral and about survival in an unexpected kind of way. it teaches preparedness, smart execution, and safety. all good traits.

sports, especially baseball, are a bit different up front (seemingly all about performance in critical situations with immediate results), but really it's just like scouting.

prepare with practice; learn about the zillions of variables in every possible play to do what is the best or most effective (safest) outcome; execute in the situation when it's needed to survive, or rather win in this case.

no wonder baseball is our national pastime.

Thanks so much Chops xx

Yes he has today off due to it being a public holiday and he also booked Friday off and then of course the weekend :)

Yes, off, not of LOL

Knowing I have the next 4 days to spend with my Steve :)

He has 4 days of work :)

are you SURE that you two guys are married, kylie? you don't act like any married couple i've ever known. it just ain't natural for you and steve to be enjoying each other's company so goldarn much, all of the time! all that togetherness, that excessive affection--it just ain't right, i say!:)

V, you have cracked me up :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I read your post out to Steve, he had a laugh too!

I know, it is strange these days for married couples to still love each others company and stuff...but for some it does happen I guess :)

We have been married for 8.5 years now and still going strong :)

I say you two go on another holiday adventure. I had such a good time on the last one.

:)

Aww Jeff, I am so pleased that you really enjoyed all the photos from our last trip away :)

When we go away again I will certainly take you with us again :)

...I know, it is strange these days for married couples to still love each others company and stuff...but for some it does happen I guess :)

We have been married for 8.5 years now and still going strong :)

I see your 8.5 and I raise you another 30! And yes, we're still crazy (in love) after all these years. :) Or at least crazy. :LOL:

Enjoy your 4 days together. Holiday time!

Thank you CG :)

It is lovely isn't it when you still have so much love for each after so many years, so nice to hear that you and your hubby are stil going strong too :)

I think we are both a little crazy too :LOL:

Reading about happily married couples...Shrek and I have been together almost 33 years and married almost 28. Of course this is contingent on me not smothering him in his sleep...:ROFLMAO:

Reading about happily married couples...Shrek and I have been together almost 33 years and married almost 28. Of course this is contingent on me not smothering him in his sleep...:ROFLMAO:

hubby and I will be trying to celebrate our 30th come June. We had a plan, but it was dependent upon others and am not sure it will happen. No biggie, we'll manage somehow, anyhow. Anyway, in June it will be 30 years of marriage, on July 4th, 32 (or is it 33) since we met.

are you SURE that you two guys are married, kylie? you don't act like any married couple i've ever known. it just ain't natural for you and steve to be enjoying each other's company so goldarn much, all of the time! all that togetherness, that excessive affection--it just ain't right, i say!:)

As it should be! I have a hard time believing that all couples aren't like this. That was Gods plan. I still feel like a newly wed after almost 33 years. My Hubby is my best friend.

As it should be! I have a hard time believing that all couples aren't like this. That was Gods plan. I still feel like a newly wed after almost 33 years. My Hubby is my best friend.

I agree with all you have said Chops, that is lovely, and the way it should be :)

My Steve too, is my best friend :)

Back
Top Bottom