Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awww, of course I will Chops :)

We like to get out and bit in our holidays as on the weekends and weeknights Steve gets very mentally tired from work and likes to chill out at home, which is understandable

My sweetheart just came in from his usual mid-day roam over the back acreage on the 4-wheeler. He makes a "round" at least once per day, usually to check on fences, possible downed trees, etc. and to give our goofy dog, Harley, a good run. She thinks she's getting away with murder when he opens the gate and lets her out into the huge wooded expanse. She nearly wears her nose off sniffing and searching for "treasures." When they come back to home base, Harley takes a long cool swim in the 2-acre pond before rocketing back through the gate and heads straight for the food bowl and a nap under the old pear trees near the back of the house.

I often hop on the back of the vehicle and enjoy the adventure. It's beautiful. All lush and green. All manner of trees and wildflowers in amazing abundance. So...here's my smile. When Glenn came in a little while ago, he brought me these: Queen Anne's Lace, orange trumpet flowers, moon flowers, black-eyed Susans, wild yellow daisies, and some other wild plant I recognize but don't know the name. He wanted to get some of the beautiful purple vetch but it had already gone to seed.

Attachments

• 001 - Copy (3).jpg
    001 - Copy (3).jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 165
Awww, of course I will Chops :)

We like to get out and bit in our holidays as on the weekends and weeknights Steve gets very mentally tired from work and likes to chill out at home, which is understandable

Adopt me first. I am willing to do all your ironing. I love to do laundry. :angel:

My sweetheart just came in from his usual mid-day roam over the back acreage on the 4-wheeler. He makes a "round" at least once per day, usually to check on fences, possible downed trees, etc. and to give our goofy dog, Harley, a good run. She thinks she's getting away with murder when he opens the gate and lets her out into the huge wooded expanse. She nearly wears her nose off sniffing and searching for "treasures." When they come back to home base, Harley takes a long cool swim in the 2-acre pond before rocketing back through the gate and heads straight for the food bowl and a nap under the old pear trees near the back of the house.

I often hop on the back of the vehicle and enjoy the adventure. It's beautiful. All lush and green. All manner of trees and wildflowers in amazing abundance. So...here's my smile. When Glenn came in a little while ago, he brought me these: Queen Anne's Lace, orange trumpet flowers, moon flowers, black-eyed Susans, wild yellow daisies, and some other wild plant I recognize but don't know the name. He wanted to get some of the beautiful purple vetch but it had already gone to seed.

What a beautiful bouquet. He has excellent taste.

This weekend is the big annual car show in our town. It's a huge event, cars from all over come here for it.

Our street is part of the cruising loop. So we get to sit in our rocking chairs on our front porch and watch all these wonderful vehicles cruise by all day and way into the night for 3 days .. it's very cool !

Anyway .. this morning during the morning "parade" there came what sounded like the ice cream truck.

Turned out it was the VW club coming down the street. There were 18 VW's of all styles and ages.

Not only were they all in superior condition and super cute, but the lead VW was playing music really loud ...

What were they playing? It's A Small World !!! It was so dang cute and appropriate and you just could not help but smile.

We thought that was so super special that a little car could make everyone stop and smile.

Of course though, that song is kind of stuck in my head right now LOL

I had a second incredible smile moment today. TB finally dragged me to the clinic regarding my sinus and jaw pain. The doctor said that it IS a dental abscess, however, it has been there for a long time and is draining into my blood stream, which is why I feel so sick all over. I had this same thing happen at 18 in the middle of final exams at university. I am on antibiotic and we went to pick them up at our grocery store/pharmacy.

TB went to get them and I went to the deli to buy some "soft creamy salads" so I can get some solid food in me. One of the ladies there usually hates when I come because I want my sandwich meats shaved and she finds it hard work. But this time was so totally different. When I explained why I needed soft food, she kept giving me little samples to try and when TB came up with the prescription she ran to the back and got me a glass of water so I could take one right away. Then she told TB to take me home right away and make me get some rest! Made my whole week!
I'm so glad to hear that you found out what the problem is and are on your way to getting rid of it.

That counter lady sounds awfully sweet.

Hanging the washing out on the line, in the lovely breeze and sunshine :)

It has been so rainy that I have been hanging them in the garage

Adopt me first. I am willing to do all your ironing. I love to do laundry. :angel:

:glare: By all means, adopt her instead. I wouldn't want to do the ironing or laundry. Just the yard work and cooking, and baking, and vacationing, and fun trips, and visits with Mum...............

Oh my gosh. Those are beautiful. You are one lucky gal. :)

:glare: By all means, adopt her instead. I wouldn't want to do the ironing or laundry. Just the yard work and cooking, and baking, and vacationing, and fun trips, and visits with Mum...............

That is cool Chops...we will all have so much fun :)

:ermm: Tsk, tsk. Temper? Are you through stomping your feet? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom