Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay, Taxy!

Got an email from a friend visiting Europe, she said she was at a cafe, and thought she heard me talking fluent French and laughing, she turned around, but it wasn't me! Would love to be there.... She said I laugh like a French lady.

Last edited:
Knowing we are going over to mums tonight for my second birthday dinner, mum always make a lovely meal :)

I was gone most of the day today running errands in the nearest town of any size. It was hot, humid and generally yucky. In other words, a typical summer day for our region.

When I arrived home I noticed Glenn had, with the use of the tractor, mowed the area around the house. About 5 acres and it had to be pretty hard work and hot, hot, hot.

Then, as I walked in the house and into the kitchen, I saw a vase full of newly-cut Rose of Sharon flowers. He'd cut them as he mowed the back area.

Now...that made me smile.

I was gone most of the day today running errands in the nearest town of any size. It was hot, humid and generally yucky. In other words, a typical summer day for our region.

When I arrived home I noticed Glenn had, with the use of the tractor, mowed the area around the house. About 5 acres and it had to be pretty hard work and hot, hot, hot.

Then, as I walked in the house and into the kitchen, I saw a vase full of newly-cut Rose of Sharon flowers. He'd cut them as he mowed the back area.

Now...that made me smile.

I would be smiling too. How wonderful! :)

We're enjoying a week at the beach with family and I've had a couple of special smiles. One was yesterday when my 8-year-old niece was reading to my 2-year-old third cousin. It was so sweet. Then this morning, little Louie's father made him a house out of sofa cushions and he pretended it was a doghouse and he was a barking puppy. He's so cute. We're having a great time.

We're enjoying a week at the beach with family and I've had a couple of special smiles. One was yesterday when my 8-year-old niece was reading to my 2-year-old third cousin. It was so sweet. Then this morning, little Louie's father made him a house out of sofa cushions and he pretended it was a doghouse and he was a barking puppy. He's so cute. We're having a great time.

Sounds fabulous GG!

Nothing like a lovely getaway :)

My two 6 year old cats are litter brothers and not always best of friends. Yesterday as they approached one another each briefly lifted his tail in that kitty greeting, a silent " 'sup? " and continued on their way. :)

My two 6 year old cats are litter brothers and not always best of friends. Yesterday as they approached one another each briefly lifted his tail in that kitty greeting, a silent " 'sup? " and continued on their way. :)

LOL! Silly kitties! Mine are both hiding from the wind tunnel effect.

Too funny! Made me smile too! :)

As LP B wrote, that made me smile too.

I just saw a couple of smallish squirrels playing. I think they must be litter mates from this year. They were playing like siblings.

The tiny 4-year old girl next door, showing me the green beans she just harvested from SO's garden from a plant she started in pre-school this Spring. I got a long story on how she was going to have her mother cook them for her supper.

The tiny 4-year old girl next door, showing me the green beans she just harvested from SO's garden from a plant she started in pre-school this Spring. I got a long story on how she was going to have her mother cook them for her supper.

Those are the best stories. The little guy next door came running up, he was so excited, "I'm 5, I'm 5!!" I asked him what made that so special and it took him forever to explain that he was now old enough to start school. His Mom thanks me for listening patiently to him as he wears her out. He is so serious and so cute. He calls me Aunt Fi. I'll have to get Shrek to take a picture of us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom