Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, PF :) He took apart our old brick patio and is re-using those bricks in the new one. I need to collect the pix I've taken of the project and post them.

That is really really nice GG. I'm happy to see the re-cycling. You will be happy with it for a very long time .... super nice !!!

I was thinking the same thing, but would the trip really take that long? Aren't they in neighbouring states, and not big states?

No, one lives here in Mass. and the other in Virginia. Both on the eastern seaboard. Mass. would have to travel to Virginia. I don't know how far down I93 or I95 goes. Will have to look it up. :angel:

No, one lives here in Mass. and the other in Virginia. Both on the eastern seaboard. Mass. would have to travel to Virginia. I don't know how far down I93 or I95 goes. Will have to look it up. :angel:
Yeah, GG straightened me out on that. I was thinking that MA meant Maryland. :LOL: GG looked it up and Google says it takes about 10 hours.

Yeah, GG straightened me out on that. I was thinking that MA meant Maryland. :LOL: GG looked it up and Google says it takes about 10 hours.

That is a long time to be behind the wheel unless you have two drivers and drive straight through. Then you have to stop for gas, eats, leg stretching, etc. :angel:

For the record, we do live in Massachusetts (MA) not Maine (ME) or Maryland (MD). However, we are so close to the Connecticut (CT) border that if we're facing north when we sneeze really hard our backsides might go over the border. :LOL:

We don't go thru Pennsylvania (PA) unless we're headed to the Blue Ridge side of Virginia (VA) or further down the road to North Carolina (NC). Anywhere due south of us involves driving thru CT from the "Quiet Corner" to the New York City area :wacko: and along the coast is :censored: until you get south of the DC outerbelt. Because it has taken us over 3 hours to navigate through CT on the worst of days (less that 100 miles) we do allow two days for the drive anywhere south of Richmond, VA. I'm guessing it's about 525 miles from our home to GGs, which for Himself and I is a piece of cake. We can make it from home to home (our place to our daughter's in the Akron/Canton area) in 11 to 12 hours, with one nice lupper break, one gas-up, and a few more stops for potty breaks, and that is 625 miles. We eat a few small things in the car - lots of fruit and veggies, and we split a sandwich once or twice. Still go thru CT but we can swing up above NYC as we head west and so avoid all the bad NYC bridge traffic. When driving alone my highest day's total miles was 420, all in OH and PA. Driving gets SO much easier after you get west of the NY/PA state border or south of DC. Anywhere north and east of that? Won't miss it when we move. :)

Himself and I are real driving masters. When we moved from OH to MA our son was also scheduled to go out to Arizona (AZ) to start his 2nd year at ASU. In just about two weeks time we drove from OH (645 miles) to MA, back to OH (645), on to AZ (1981) and then, exhaustively, back to MA (2573). 5845 miles. Whew! Piece of cake though, since Himself hadn't been able to go when our son went out for his freshman year so I drove out with our son and his twin sister...and a cell phone. Just the two girls on the way back. Lots of good quality time with my dear daughter. :w00t: (A client DEMANDED that Himself handle their software/equipment test, so Himself stayed home and kept company with a friend Jim. Jim Beam. Don't think he noticed we were gone that first night :ohmy: )

OK, enough US geography :) and mundane details from my life. :LOL:

Um Addie, if GGs DH is going to build our deck wouldn't it be easier for them to come up to MA? We don't have the van anymore. ;)

I-95 goes ALL the way...to Miami.

Mr. Google never actually DROVE that route. :mad: Pretty much all of the traffic from Boston to Fredericksburg is :furious: with a very few small stretches for catching your breath!

Mr. Google suggested going up (or down) the Eastern Shore of Virginia/Maryland/Delaware (aka the Delmarva Peninsula for those not in the know) instead of around DC. It's a much prettier, less stressful drive.

So he did GG, so he did. Didn't even look at the map, just the mileage, when I wrote my post. We are usually heading to either Williamsburg or beyond to FL, so I figured we would still take I-95 the entire way. We did return home from Williamsburg once via the DelMarVa - I had to suck it up to go over the Bridge-Tunnel but actually enjoyed it! (As a kid my Dad had to hurry off a lift bridge with a less-than-attentive operator. Tires had to roll into and out of a space about a mile wide to my kid eyes.) If I went our usual route south it would add about 75 miles for a 600 mile trip. I like your's and Mr. Google's route better, but he still has never driven I-84 in CT.

Talking to mum on the phone, I miss her as she is away with her partner

They are on a driving holiday from Adelaide to Queensland and have been stopping at lots of places on the way, they have been gone for 2 weeks already, one more week to go till they come home :)

Beagle's greeting me when I got back from a long trip yesterday. She ran around in circles, smiling and squealing like a puppy! Oh, and DH doing the same thing!

Um Addie, if GGs DH is going to build our deck wouldn't it be easier for them to come up to MA? We don't have the van anymore. ;)

I-95 goes ALL the way...to Miami.

Thanks for the correction. And the education. I am not a driver so have no idea about highways except even numbers run west to east and odd numbers run south to north. I also learned why those little bridges over gullies have names. You are ten miles from the nearest town or city. You have an accident and it is a marker for the first responders to locate you. If whoever calls in an accident says it is near the John Smith Bridge North, they know exactly where to go to. Saves time and possibly a life. :angel:

Talking to mum on the phone, I miss her as she is away with her partner

They are on a driving holiday from Adelaide to Queensland and have been stopping at lots of places on the way, they have been gone for 2 weeks already, one more week to go till they come home :)

Sounds like your Mum has found herself a keeper. Having someone whose company you enjoy can make for a really memorable vacation. Hang in there. She will be home soon with lots to tell you and pictures. :angel:

Beagle's greeting me when I got back from a long trip yesterday. She ran around in circles, smiling and squealing like a puppy! Oh, and DH doing the same thing!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Dawg, you crack me up!

My latest smile was listening to my baseball team's manager in his post-game presser. He was so excited about the team's rookie pitcher's first big league start - and win! I listened to the game too, and the kid was great. Hopefully we hang on to him for many successful years. Unfortunately, once they're wanting a huge contract we tend to send them elsewhere. :( BUT it will be fun while it lasts! :)

Back
Top Bottom