Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gorgeous, Taxy!
Thank you. They really seem to like compost. The ones I bought as itty bitty plants are just growing in compost. There's a bit of soil in with the compost for the chives and that one parsley plant. They were growing in the soil and I potted them so they wouldn't get stepped on again by the workmen. The parsley came along by accident.

20130909_160904.jpg

There's some purslane in that pot too. :LOL:

Very nice herb garden!

It looks like you have some space between the stones in your patio. Next spring try out some creeping thyme. It likes those warm stones and when people step on it a nice fragrance is released, perfect for your workmen!

Thank you ladies.

your herb garden ledge is a gorgeous sight, taxy! does it smell divine, too?

Only when you touch the leaves. You just have to touch them lightly and the smell is on your hands.

Very nice herb garden!

It looks like you have some space between the stones in your patio. Next spring try out some creeping thyme. It likes those warm stones and when people step on it a nice fragrance is released, perfect for your workmen!
Don't think there will be workmen next year. I love the idea of creeping thyme between the patio stones. Thanks for the suggestion.

The last thing to make me smile was this morning while I was waiting in line at Target, there was a little girl (about 1 year old) with her mom and she kept giving me the biggest,sweetest, smile. She melted my heart and I didn't mind the long wait in line.

realizing I am officially on vacation. first real vacation since all my health crap started. First trip on 2 new hip replacements. First real trip with my girlfriend. First real time away from everything in 4 years. That is a LOT to smile about, and I am frickin' tickled!

realizing I am officially on vacation. first real vacation since all my health crap started. First trip on 2 new hip replacements. First real trip with my girlfriend. First real time away from everything in 4 years. That is a LOT to smile about, and I am frickin' tickled!

Yay!!

Where you headed, Tatt?

That's really great! Here's hoping you and your new parts have a fantastic vacation with your GF.

I smile every time I look at my herbs growing.

20130909_160812.jpg

Very nice! I had a wonderful herb garden right off our one-step porch in our first house. Would sit in the rocker feet away from the plants and inhale deeply whenever it rained. *sigh* Then I put coco mulch in the bed and every time it rained I got a craving for chocolate. :ermm:

Two new hips, renewed health, and a vacation with the GF? Life doesn't get much better than that, huh? Have a nice trip wherever you're headed.

I've been listening to the baseball game and just had to chuckle at the end. Because my team won it 14-3? Naw, they were playing a bad team. But during the post-game show the play-by-play guy said "this is where we normally bring you the WKYC weather, but we don't have that tonight. I can tell you that it is dark tonight, and it will be light tomorrow". We got a laugh out of that one!

Back
Top Bottom