Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys. Bear in mind, if the next cake comes from Grammy Sue, she will be the best cake baker ever. He's fickle.

My new food processor arrived. I wasn't expecting it until next week.
hapydancsmil.gif

Our grandson had a kids only birthday party at some game site last weekend. I picked him up from school Tuesday afternoon and took him shopping for a gift.

When we got back here, I brought out a chocolate covered chocolate cake with a candle in it and we sang Happy Birthday. He had a healthy piece with vanilla ice cream. While he was eating it he kept proclaiming, "Who makes the best cakes ever? Grampy does!"

Made my day!
How wonderful for the two of you. He must be getting big now. How old is he Andy.? In his eyes he will remember you for all the special things you've done for him your love will be with him forever. Way to go gramps
kades

How wonderful for the two of you. He must be getting big now. How old is he Andy.? In his eyes he will remember you for all the special things you've done for him your love will be with him forever. Way to go gramps
kades

kades, he just turned 7. He's my pal. He considers it his job to take care of me. When I had shoulder surgery he took extra steps to make things easy for me.

Our grandson had a kids only birthday party at some game site last weekend. I picked him up from school Tuesday afternoon and took him shopping for a gift.

When we got back here, I brought out a chocolate covered chocolate cake with a candle in it and we sang Happy Birthday. He had a healthy piece with vanilla ice cream. While he was eating it he kept proclaiming, "Who makes the best cakes ever? Grampy does!"

Made my day!

Love it!

kades, he just turned 7. He's my pal. He considers it his job to take care of me. When I had shoulder surgery he took extra steps to make things easy for me.
He's the sam age as my granddaughter Olivia How lucky for you all that love you gave him when he stayed and you babysat him it really bring you closer to them. That's why I'm so close to 4 of mine and it just makes my heart beat and beat for them and lets me give love to others so easily. Hug him for me Andy I know how you love him.
kades

Andy, that little boy will grow into adulthood with so many happy memories of his Grampy. And that is the way every child should grow up. With happy memories.

Years from now when he is sitting around the holiday table with his own family, he will tell of these good times with his Grampy. And he will have had a great example to follow with his own children. :angel:

Your children and grandchildren are all you leave behind when you're gone. There is a little bit of you in your children and they pass it on to the next generation. A hundred years from now, no one is going to remember me but maybe my love for cooking or my sense of humor or my smile will live on in the newest generation.

Your children and grandchildren are all you leave behind when you're gone. There is a little bit of you in your children and they pass it on to the next generation. A hundred years from now, no one is going to remember me but maybe my love for cooking or my sense of humor or my smile will live on in the newest generation.

That's kind of a depressing thought for those of us who are childless. Is it not possible to touch someone other than children and grandchildren in a lasting way?

That's kind of a depressing thought for those of us who are childless. Is it not possible to touch someone other than children and grandchildren in a lasting way?

Of course it is. I was just a little nearsighted and chose the most obvious path.

In fact one's influence is spread through many people they make a lasting impression on. Neighbors, co-workers, other family members, etc.

Of course it is. I was just a little nearsighted and chose the most obvious path.

In fact one's influence is spread through many people they make a lasting impression on. Neighbors, co-workers, other family members, etc.

Don't mind me, Andy. I'm just a little grumpy from not feeling well, but this is the wrong place for that ;) Here's to grandsons who love their Grampy's cake! :flowers:

Don't mind me, Andy. I'm just a little grumpy from not feeling well, but this is the wrong place for that ;) Here's to grandsons who love their Grampy's cake! :flowers:

Not a problem. You made a valid point. I was thinking locally rather than globally.

Yes, it's why I am a nurse...a childless nurse with lots of children.

I mentioned previously that I bought a cat tree and a hammock for Shreddy. This was close to two months ago and he wasn't showing any interest. I put a little bit of catnip on the hammock. It worked. This made me smile:

1441316_10153571796835191_352834989_n.jpg

Now that he has tried it out, he spends a lot of time curled up in it. He was just being neophobic. I will try some catnip on the cat tree soon.

I am sleeping in the living room in my special recliner/lift chair (from my Dad), because it is more comfortable in the recline position for my pain, and I don't keep TB up with my coughing (bronchitis).

My smile comes from the fact that when I woke up I had Monkey (the kitten) asleep on my lap and Violet in her living room bed which was pushed closer to me.

TB got the whole bed to himself and got a great sleep for his last day of his work week!

Taxy, Shreddy is a real smile maker! Love the bed!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom