Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stirling just post this on FaceBook:

Just a reminder for Linda.

994415_10152176298305485_1294681671_n.jpg

I'm smiling, but I'm all teary too. :wub:

you and taxy (and many others, i'm sure) are lucky with your men. from what i've seen, and all i'm sayin'. is that it has not been a typical male 'strength' in our culture.

I gave a talk on depression at a workshop yesterday at my church. It was after the service and we arrived just at the end as I knew it would be a tough day to get through all of it.

When the service was over, my best friend was instantly by my side. She took my coat, hung it up, guided me to the room where we were meeting, already had three seats in the front to make it easy for me and so I would have her on one side and TB on the other. I had packed sandwiches for us because of our strict diets but she grabbed me some fruit and veggies and we sat and chit-chatted while TB was able to catch up with people he hasn't seen in a long time.

When it was my turn my friend made sure there was a chair ready for me to sit in and gave me a little hug. The talk went so smoothly, partially because I had those two familiar and loving faces to look at when I got nervous. We left shortly after because my gallbladder and chronic pain were both getting bad and I was tired.

I came home and napped but woke up to about a dozen emails from people in the workshop telling me how my talk helped them with either their depression or that of a loved one.

That all made me smile! :)

My Papa always tells his crew, "Well done!"

And this is for you also, Laurie. I say well done!

The last thing that made me smile was I sneaked upstairs to check on DA. I looked at her, sleeping so peacefully, and I had to smile. I love her so very, very much.

With love,
~Cat

Thank you everyone! I hadn't seen these posts before now and I want to thank you for your encouragement! You all make me smile.

And another member made me smile tonight with penguins...you know who you are and I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom