Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I smiled at an incident that occurred to me at the supermarket. I am a crispaholic (known as potato chips in US) but discipline myself to only buy them when they are reduced/on special offer. (Perhaps I should add here, since it is relevant, that I have a genetic lung disorder so do not breathe freely/normally).

Anyway, I was delighted to see a "buy one get one free" offer on crisps. I only realised I was breathing more heavily than normal (with pleasure) because of the manager quickly glancing at me! It must have looked like I was turned on or something....and - in a way, I was! :ohmy: :wacko: ;) :)

Last edited:
What kind of celebration is being planned K?

Sorry for the abbreviation of your name, but there is no one we call just K, so just deal with it, please.

Tell us more about the wonderful Mr. K. And especially describe the wonderful celebration, please.

Pictures if possible would be gratefully enjoyed.

Last edited:
happy anniversary, kgirl.

condolences to mr kgirl, but for the name alone. :ermm: :)

I smiled at an incident that occurred to me at the supermarket. I am a crispaholic (known as potato chips in US) but discipline myself to only buy them when they are reduced/on special offer. (Perhaps I should add here, since it is relevant, that I have a genetic lung disorder so do not breathe freely/normally).

Anyway, I was delighted to see a "buy one get one free" offer on crisps. I only realised I was breathing more heavily than normal (with pleasure) because of the manager quickly glancing at me! It must have looked like I was turned on or something....and - in a way, I was! :ohmy: :wacko: ;) :)

that reminds me of the time i skiied at breckenridge in colorado. the ski lifts "only" go up to around 12, 500 feet above sea level, but you can hike up another 500 feet or so to ski from the very top at 13k.

since i was going to make the extra effort, i packed my video camera to get some picturesque shots as i skiied down from the summit.

i forgot to turn off the mic, though.

when i got home, some friends wanted to see the run i made from the top, so i plugged the camera into the tv a played it back.the action and scenery was incredible, but all you could hear was me gasping for breath for almost the entire run. there's hardly any air up there!

one of my buddies asked if i was skiing with a pervert that likes to call people on the phone...

What kind of celebration is being planned K?

Sorry for the abbreviation of your name, but there is no one we call just K, so just deal with it, please.

Tell us more about the wonderful Mr. K. And especially describe the wonderful celebration, please.

Pictures if possible would be gratefully enjoyed.

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums - Kaneohegirlinaz's Album: Anniversary Weekend in Prescott Arizona

We had a fabulous weekend with our dear friends in Prescott Arizona.
We talk, we laugh, alot, we eat, we drink,
we go to a couple of restaurants most of the time;
this was no exception.
Mrs. DF and I have ruled our visits to Northern Arizona
as 'no cook weekends' ;)
We visited Bonn-Fire in Chino Valley also, in downtown Prescott,
Prescott Station, twice :yum: once for lunch and then for Sunday Brunch. Somehow, we made it home just ahead of all of this torrential rain we're having, which brings loads of flooding in the middle of the desert. :ohmy:

I succeeded in making quark with organic milk. w00t!

Most organic milk is ultra-high pasteurized and that is useless for culturing. We have a brand of milk, Natrel, that makes organic milk and fine filters it. It didn't say anywhere on the bottle if it was ultra-high pasteurized, but I suspected that it wouldn't be with the fine filtering which extends shelf life by ~30 days. I'm really pleased that it worked.

Went to the local deli today and they had bacon flavored thinly sliced ham. I made a sandwich with the ham, sliced tomatoes and some of the Mezzetta mild pepper rings. Delicious!

When I received my electric bill this month, it showed my usage was 4 times normal.

I contacted the service department by computer asking them to please check it out as my bills for the last 5 years have never showed anything like this.

They sent me a revised bill for my normal amount and a letter advising me that they had corrected the error.

It pays to complain.

Went to the local deli today and they had bacon flavored thinly sliced ham. I made a sandwich with the ham, sliced tomatoes and some of the Mezzetta mild pepper rings. Delicious!

el joanne ;), look for something called bacon salt.

it's awesome on sandwiches, eggs, tomatoes just off the vine in the garden, etc..

Went to the local ball field this evening to watch my 4 year old grandson Tyler's first practice at T-ball. He did great. So fun watching those little guys try their best, and at the end of practice they all got to run the bases. :wub:

cheryl, i think it's great that you go to your grands' practices and games. i've had many parents or guardians that just drop off their kids and want to know when to pick them up, or even have to call or text them when to come.

coaches notice that stuff. :ermm:

develop a good, ass kissing relationship with the coach (little food treats for the team after practices works. not for after games, though. you never know if they'll win or lose, and it's confusing to celebrate after a loss).

then, the real secret is to tell the coaches to watch and study the same cartoons and kiddie shows on tv that their players watch afterschool.

during practices, if you joke around about it and/or imitate the characters or phrases that the cartoons say, the kids are amazed that you know something else from their life and immediately draw better attention to what you're trying to teach them.

a simple trick, but it makes them crush their opponents, er, i mean play their best...

Went to the local ball field this evening to watch my 4 year old grandson Tyler's first practice at T-ball. He did great. So fun watching those little guys try their best, and at the end of practice they all got to run the bases. :wub:

DH used to umpire Little League baseball. He did T-ball once and it must have been quite entertaining. Kids running to third base instead of first, etc. I bet it's a blast watching your grandson play.

Back
Top Bottom