Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... My father took all of my mom's weekly columns about life in a small town with a young family, photocopied them, and had them bond in a spiral notebook... I am so glad the clippings were not thrown out--my dad gave me a most wonderful gift today, he gave me back part of my mom that dementia has stolen from us. It made me smile, laugh, and even cry.
That is a wonderful gift CW, both the columns and the great memories they bring back. I'm sure you'll cherish that forever.

And I think we might be distant cousins - I have mementos going back for generations that I've been sorting through in anticipation of a move back home to OH. Is there a valid reason why I need to have my kids' grade school report cards? :huh: Heck, why do I have MY grade school report cards?? :ermm: :LOL:

Beagle and I got ambushed on our walk by a big black and white cat, who merely waltzed out of a shrub and allowed Beagle to get right up in his face...
Meh, cat. At least it wasn't a "big black and white SKUNK". As in "Country Kitty". :LOL: Maybe Beagle was frightened, but at least he still smelled good!

How lovely!

Last year I saw a rainbow actually form in the sky (from nothing)....for the very first time. I was looking out of my bedroom window to a plain, slightly overcast sky. I looked to my left then, about 1 or 2 seconds later when I looked back to my right ... BAM there it was! A huge rainbow fully formed! It took my breath away. I never knew it could be that quick.

rainbow1.GIF

You know that a rainbow is an optical phenomenon, right? It doesn't have a physical form, so it appears when the angle between the sun and the observer is right. The colors are reflected from a rain shower.

Yes GG but the science doesn't really interest me. It's more about how I feel when I see a rainbow...instant ecstasy.

what about me pot o' gold?

the last thing that made me smile was hearing my neighbor play with her 8 month old grandson. whatever she was doing was cracking the baby jp. i mean this kid was squealing and laughing about the biggest belly laugh you've ever heard! i love the sound of babies laughing really hard like that.

Grandson Josh and I were going to go into the Maid Rite for some sandwiches to take home for supper and there was an older man who was having trouble walking, so Josh rushed ahead so he could hold the door for him. (he does this all the time). Well, we were sitting there waiting for our food when the waitress came up to us and said that the man wanted to buy my grandson a dessert. Josh said no, that the man didn't have to do that , but the man insisted. So Josh got the cheapest item on the menu, 1 scoop of ice cream. But the smile on that mans face was priceless. Between the two of them they sure made me feel all warm inside.

Grandson Josh and I were going to go into the Maid Rite for some sandwiches to take home for supper and there was an older man who was having trouble walking, so Josh rushed ahead so he could hold the door for him. (he does this all the time). Well, we were sitting there waiting for our food when the waitress came up to us and said that the man wanted to buy my grandson a dessert. Josh said no, that the man didn't have to do that , but the man insisted. So Josh got the cheapest item on the menu, 1 scoop of ice cream. But the smile on that mans face was priceless. Between the two of them they sure made me feel all warm inside.
Sweet!

JoAnn's post reminded me of something I did that made me really smile....

It was outside a supermarket. A sad looking child was sitting on a mechanical, stationary pony ride. Almost like a reflex action I took out a coin and placed it in the machine. The look of sheer JOY on that child's face as the pony began to rock was so heartwarming!

The perfect time to teach Josh about paying it forward. (RAK) The next time you two are out and stop to eat and you see an elderly person, offer to pay for their purchase. Just don't let them know who did it. Then let Josh see the face of that elderly person and the happiness it brought. :angel:

what about me pot o' gold?

the last thing that made me smile was hearing my neighbor play with her 8 month old grandson. whatever she was doing was cracking the baby jp. i mean this kid was squealing and laughing about the biggest belly laugh you've ever heard! i love the sound of babies laughing really hard like that.

bt, one of the questions that they ask the star on Actor's Studio is "What is your favorite sound?" I am always hoping just one of them will say, "The sound of a baby or child laughing." To me it is the best sound in the world. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom