Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrek was questioning if I had made up the reason otters hold hands and found that one. Sometimes he's not sure if I am making a joke or being serious.

Good one bucky!

Oh squeeeeee, those sea otters were so cute!

Now my "last thing that made you smile" has been bumped down to second-last. :glare: I thoroughly enjoyed my first glass of this season's apple cider. Cold. The next one will be warmed with mulling spices. Just maybe a pinch of brown sugar. Yum.

Yesterday I worked our library's annual book sale. It is a (real book) reader's delight. During the last few hours of the sale we sell any bag of books for $5, any box $10. What makes me smile is grandparents scarfing up kiddie books to read to their brood. But more than that, the kids, I think 8-16 year old in the hours I worked, who really, really got into it. One young man (I'd say around 9 or so) seemed nonchalant when he walked in with grandpa, but with a huge grin when he walked out with a grocery bag full of books. There was the gal I'd take for 16 or so who collected jigsaw puzzles, the 11 year old who told someone, "Oh, I really am not fond of that author," in such a manner I cracked up. I worked the last shift of the sale and there were some old-fashioned games left that I thought were doomed for the garbage heap, but they were both swooped up by young people who were into non-computer-games. Maybe it's a retro-fad, old games and puzzles? Anyway, great fun.

Yesterday I worked our library's annual book sale. It is a (real book) reader's delight. During the last few hours of the sale we sell any bag of books for $5, any box $10. What makes me smile is grandparents scarfing up kiddie books to read to their brood. But more than that, the kids, I think 8-16 year old in the hours I worked, who really, really got into it. One young man (I'd say around 9 or so) seemed nonchalant when he walked in with grandpa, but with a huge grin when he walked out with a grocery bag full of books. There was the gal I'd take for 16 or so who collected jigsaw puzzles, the 11 year old who told someone, "Oh, I really am not fond of that author," in such a manner I cracked up. I worked the last shift of the sale and there were some old-fashioned games left that I thought were doomed for the garbage heap, but they were both swooped up by young people who were into non-computer-games. Maybe it's a retro-fad, old games and puzzles? Anyway, great fun.

Sounds like a good time!

Needed a new lamp shade and it is so hard to find the right size and color. I looked at so many stores and finally found the exact one at Shopko and it was on sale for half price. Yeah!!

Needed a new lamp shade and it is so hard to find the right size and color. I looked at so many stores and finally found the exact one at Shopko and it was on sale for half price. Yeah!!

I can never remember if a 9" lampshade is nine inches across the bottom or the top. :angel:

I was with the kids and their Mom today. I am getting used to people calling me "Grandma". I am going to refer to the kids as "The Princess" and Spideyman" (how he, the 3 year old pronounces it, so cute!). Anyway, the Princess (and she is one) came to our house because she got sick in the night and couldn't go to daycare while Mom was in a course and Spideyman was at his play group. She was so good, playing quietly with Violet and by herself, drawing some pictures. She also cuddled up with TB before he went to work.

There were some dramatics at Costco after we picked up Mom and Spidey, including me getting a bruised and possibly dislocated thumb. But something melted all of that away and put a smile on my face for hours. Spidey apologized for hitting me (without being prompted) and reached over and kissed my thumb better. He told me that he would put himself in time-out when they got home, and he did....right in a big mud puddle in the back yard! Now this wasn't so great for Mom who had to clean him up, but the fact he figured that should be his punishment was smile material. ;)

They are still acting out from the effects of their Dad and being taken away from their Mom for 3 weeks, but they have really bonded with TB and I and we love them to bits.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom