Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When our kids were small we took them to Sea World of Ohio. I absolutely fell in love with the otters. Wanted a pet otter. Yeah, that would fly. :rolleyes: Years later, I'm always happy to waste (too much) time watching otter videos.

Shedd Aquarium in Chicago just got this little orphaned otter. The video is of them teaching to swim. I dare you to watch this and not crack a smile. :LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euHh6fFwpFg

As some of you may know, I used to do stand up comedy. Something that I would have used for comedy material occurred today.

When I visited mum today ( it was one of her better days), an organised band of singers were visiting the wards (accompanied by a guitarist). They were singing "God will take care of you"...and were giving benevolent smiles. Mum liked it. The thought occurred to me that if they saw someone had flatlined, they may quickly switch over to singing "knock, knock knocking on heaven's door"
tongue.gif

As some of you may know, I used to do stand up comedy. Something that I would have used for comedy material occurred today.

When I visited mum today ( it was one of her better days), an organised band of singers were visiting the wards (accompanied by a guitarist). They were singing "God will take care of you"...and were giving benevolent smiles. Mum liked it. The thought occurred to me that if they saw someone had flatlined, they may quickly switch over to singing "knock, knock knocking on heaven's door"
tongue.gif

In the same vein...I was caring for a co-worker's Mother at the End-of-Life. Her Mother had just died when the co-worker's cell phone rang...her ringtone..."Another One Bites The Dust".

In the same vein...I was caring for a co-worker's Mother at the End-of-Life. Her Mother had just died when the co-worker's cell phone rang...her ringtone..."Another One Bites The Dust".

Reminds me of Rose Nyland (Betty White) and the episode where "he bought the farm." The man she had in her bed had died. :angel:

I bought my first bag of Brach's Peppermint Christmas Nougats of the season. Look forward to them every year. :)

Like me and my Easter Peeps. I have a friend that finds the package that only has two in them. That is plenty for me.

I love the Brach's caramel with the cream centers. I can't stop eating them when I start, so I never by them. :angel:

Like me and my Easter Peeps. I have a friend that finds the package that only has two in them. That is plenty for me.

I love the Brach's caramel with the cream centers. I can't stop eating them when I start, so I never by them. :angel:

What is your favorite candy bar? My is 5th Avenue. They are hard to find here were I live. I see you can buy them on Amazon but I don't want to buy that many.:rolleyes:

What is your favorite candy bar? My is 5th Avenue. They are hard to find here were I live. I see you can buy them on Amazon but I don't want to buy that many.:rolleyes:

Mounds and York Peppermint Patty. Of the two I would choose the Mounds over the YPP. The only problem with that bar is that it is so sweet, that I have trouble finishing the first bar. I am not used to eating sweets and when I do, I can taste the sugar immediately. It is like I had eaten a five pound bag of sugar. That is why I eat only one each year. :angel:

I'm a Cleveland Browns fan. It's been a fun four days (Browns game Thursday night, Steelers game today). So I find myself looking at the standings and smiling. The team hasn't been "this good" in 20 years. Hope it lasts longer than a week.

Attachments

• 2014-11-10 08.01.12.jpg
    2014-11-10 08.01.12.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 144
I'm a Cleveland Browns fan. It's been a fun four days (Browns game Thursday night, Steelers game today). So I find myself looking at the standings and smiling. The team hasn't been "this good" in 20 years. Hope it lasts longer than a week.

I especially like seeing the Steelers and Ravens at the bottom.

someone recently posted "I don't know why they didn't turn out. I didn't change a thing, followed the recipe to a T, made no substitutions.....only swapped out fake margarine for butter in a cookie recipe":ROFLMAO:.

I gotta turn that into a tag line:).

Actually I laughed, not just smiled.

Last edited:
A friend stopped by and gifted us with about 2 pounds of deer summer sausage, extra hot! :yum:

Last edited:
OK, this really made me smile. :) My aunt and uncle are driving down from Northern CA this Thursday. They're in their 80's, travel a lot, and seem young for their years. :)

My brother, my daughters, and grandchildren will be here, if everything works out OK. So not only will my daughters be able to see their great aunt and uncle again, some of my grandchildren will meet their great-great aunt and uncle for the first time. This is pretty much my whole family, and it will be wonderful to all get together. :wub:

I'm working on a menu. :LOL:

Last edited:
Cheryl, that sounds wonderful! Nothing better than time with family - as long as you like each other. ;-)

I'm still smiling since I met up with tinlizzie for brunch! We had a nice visit.

Just read about someone applying to join the army because he wants to "give it a shot!" :ohmy: :ermm: :rolleyes:

Cheryl, that sounds wonderful! Nothing better than time with family - as long as you like each other. ;-)

I'm still smiling since I met up with tinlizzie for brunch! We had a nice visit.

Oink! :pig:

And the Goddess gave me pointers on my upcoming cross stitch project. She's really good!

Back
Top Bottom