Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My godfather (cousin's) daughter's husband's best man was this man. His joy for life is something that touched me to my core. His wife's devotion to him is beyond what most of us would take on knowing what was at the end of the road. I've smiled, I've laughed, I've cried as I followed her blog. I am so happy that she and her husband had the opportunity to go to Lake of the Woods and stay at the cabin where I grew up, that my mom helped build, and that was, for all of us, magic. And, I am so very sorry for her loss. He was an amazing person. As is she.

Kleenix alert.

My Husband's Tumor

Hard to believe, but it's the Health Connector 2.0

Seriously! I've been putting off signing up for health coverage next year because I was expecting the same kind of hell I went through last year. But no! The redesigned website worked! Well, except for a burp in the wee hours of the morning, on my first attempt. That was probably tech support doing something because no one would be on at 2:30 AM. :LOL: But today, start to finish, took less than 45 minutes. The new website required ALL new everything, from establishing an account all the way through to selecting insurance. However, I did that and more...I actually was able to pay for the January premium online! I have a comfirmation number and everything. :w00t:You might remember that didn't work last year either. The only "ouch" is the premium. Himself's medicare/prescription/supplemental insurances all total far less than I'm paying, and his total coverage it better than mine. But, only one year, six months, and 13 days until I get to go on Medicare too. ;)

There is one downside: since we won't be heading into the "big city" to straighten things out in person, we won't be making a trip to our favorite Irish pub for Irish potato pizza and beer. Instead, we'll save the money from that trip to check out the Irish pub back home in OH - actually run by old friends of ours!

LOL. My 4 year old grandson's first experience with snow. He didn't quite know what to think of it. :)

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
And then he found out he could build a snowman, just like in his storybooks. :wub:

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 149
I was just relating to someone a sweet moment that occurred when I babysat for my baby niece - a long time ago now. I was feeling a bit upset over something; she could see this, looked down at her doll and offered it to me!

Thank you, CG, GG, and Princess! :) Tyler is so much fun.

Princess, it's only about an hour's drive up the mountain to where there's snow in the winter - hopefully we'll get up there often this winter. Even better, hopefully we'll actually get some snow here in the valley this year! :cool:

The lady who weighed our bags at the airport this morning. At 5 AM. There was a basket of brand new decks of playing cards at the Delta check-in desk. I took two packs and said the kids would like them. She asked how many kids we had, and I told her that we like to bring gifts for some of the poor kids in Mexico. She proceeded to funnel playing cards into each bag until the weight was 50 pounds each! We ended up with 17 decks of cards!

Last edited:
Having my friend's two sons (12 and 10) come out to play in my kitchen with me. I taught them how to apply baker's percentage and make some Swedish baked goods. It was so much fun. They were awesome. Their parents have done a great job with those two. They are just lovely boys (I have known them since they were born, so I am a bit biased...).

Having my friend's two sons (12 and 10) come out to play in my kitchen with me. I taught them how to apply baker's percentage and make some Swedish baked goods. It was so much fun. They were awesome. Their parents have done a great job with those two. They are just lovely boys (I have known them since they were born, so I am a bit biased...).

Biased can be a good thing. It shows that these two boys get extra love from a very special friend. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom