Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
................predicting (accurately) where someone always tries to have the last word. :rolleyes:

I got more than 3 blueberries from my shrub!!! We've eaten about a pint so far, and there are more coming on!!! This is the first time in about 4 years that the critters haven't consumed them all! Guess the green bean folliage must have satisfied them!

I got a call from the high school I graduated from today, from the alumni director. She said she had a year book that she believed to have belonged to me from the school I attended in grade 11. It had been stolen by a so-called friend during grade 12 - 40 years ago! It had been around the school all that time and no-one knew how it got there or who it belonged to. She found my maiden name from a few references in it and matched it to my records from her school. She also learned my father went there 33 years before and googled him. She found his obituary which mentioned my married name and then looked up the number for that.

Why go to all the trouble for a 40 year old yearbook? She noticed a certain name in one of the messages from my friends "Terry Fox". She figured anyone who went to school with him would want the yearbook back and she was right.

This made my day, my week, heck, the rest of my life! She will be mailing it out to me tomorrow.

It isn't really even the yearbook itself or even Terry. But what a story I am sure that book would tell if it could of the past 40 years!

:)

I got a call from the high school I graduated from today, from the alumni director. She said she had a year book that she believed to have belonged to me from the school I attended in grade 11. It had been stolen by a so-called friend during grade 12 - 40 years ago! It had been around the school all that time and no-one knew how it got there or who it belonged to. She found my maiden name from a few references in it and matched it to my records from her school. She also learned my father went there 33 years before and googled him. She found his obituary which mentioned my married name and then looked up the number for that.

Why go to all the trouble for a 40 year old yearbook? She noticed a certain name in one of the messages from my friends "Terry Fox". She figured anyone who went to school with him would want the yearbook back and she was right.

This made my day, my week, heck, the rest of my life! She will be mailing it out to me tomorrow.

It isn't really even the yearbook itself or even Terry. But what a story I am sure that book would tell if it could of the past 40 years!

:)

That's the coolest story LB! That would have made my day too! Have you received it through the mail yet? So who is Terry Fox?

That's the coolest story LB! That would have made my day too! Have you received it through the mail yet? So who is Terry Fox?
That nearly made my head 'splode, but I guess he isn't as well known outside of Canada. From Wikipedia:

Terrance Stanley "Terry" Fox CC OD (July 28, 1958 – June 28, 1981) was a Canadian athlete, humanitarian, and cancer research activist. In 1980, with one leg having been amputated, he embarked on a cross-Canada run to raise money and awareness for cancer research. Although the spread of his cancer eventually forced him to end his quest after 143 days and 5,373 kilometres (3,339 mi), and ultimately cost him his life, his efforts resulted in a lasting, worldwide legacy. The annual Terry Fox Run, first held in 1981, has grown to involve millions of participants in over 60 countries and is now the world's largest one-day fundraiser for cancer research; over C$600 million has been raised in his name

Last thing to make me smile was watching the humming birds in my flower garden by the salvia's. They love the color red.

I definitely need to get into "the home"! I read that as

watching the humping birds in my flower garden

Evidently I need some serious help! :angel:

I definitely need to get into "the home"! I read that as

watching the humping birds in my flower garden

Evidently I need some serious help! :angel:
Could be worse. One morning I saw 2 foxes on my lawn, actually doing the deed! :ohmy:

They didn't even ask me for permission! ;)

I was watching one of my great-grandsons this morning and on one of the cartoons we were watching there was a shooting star. I asked him if he ever saw a shooting star and he said yes he did. He said that he wished to be cooler and happened ( he is 9 years old).:heart: He is such a sweet little guy, I don't know how he could be any cooler.

I was watching one of my great-grandsons this morning and on one of the cartoons we were watching there was a shooting star. I asked him if he ever saw a shooting star and he said yes he did. He said that he wished to be cooler and happened ( he is 9 years old).:heart: He is such a sweet little guy, I don't know how he could be any cooler.
I remember my first experience of a shooting star (it was quite recent). Call me niaive but I didn't realise it would just be a small white streak across the night sky...I was at least expecting the tail to have a star on it (like the cartoon)! :ohmy: :rolleyes:

I'm cracking up! A very young couple who live in Cozumel asked for suggestions on FB for a date night scavenger hunt. A bunch of us had a lot of suggestions, like a balloon hat, coconut ice cream, a person painted as a statue, all sorts of things. The couple is posting pics as they go through the scavenger hunt, and it's adorable!

I am so trying this on our next trip!

We have friends who live there year round, as well as other friends who also are frequent visitors.

We're old and creaky, but I think we may be able to find the good stuff!

The kids were able to take a picture of more than three people on one scooter as a challenge! Dang, I'm dying here...

Last edited:
A child viewing football and then saying "why don't they give them all a ball...then they wouldn't have to fight?"

Last edited:
I average 10 miles of walking/running each day and it makes me smile to go to bed knowing that I'm keeping fit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 154
Seeing my eight year old great grandson's face light up when I told him he was greater than his father. His father was only a grandson. But he is a GREAT grandson, three times. His maternal grandparents and me. Anyone can be a grandson, but not every one is a GREAT one.

;) I think I just opened up a can of worms. And his father is going to kill me for sure. I am such a trouble maker. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom