Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unlike some, I rarely watch "cute" videos. If you are someone who likes them, be warned: I watched this one three times already! I refuse to click on any others suggested because I don't want to be sitting here all afternoon. But, it IS darling! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khu9gFsVTRs

Make that four times. I had to watch again to make sure it posted correctly, right? :LOL:

Our neighbors packing the car and going on a family vacation. The do so much as a family and it so heartwarming. What wonderful memories they are creating.

Me, I am like that old broken car, that was running just fine until you took to the mechanic and he found bunch of stuff that needs to be fixed and all of a sudden car doesn't work anymore. I went to doctor that found some stuff that I never knew I had and now I totally am having all the symptoms that I never had before. Kind of funny, in the sad way of course.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Me, I am like that old broken car, that was running just fine until you took to the mechanic and he found bunch of stuff that needs to be fixed and all of a sudden car doesn't work anymore. I went to doctor that found some stuff that I never knew I had and now I totally am having all the symptoms that I never had before. Kind of funny, in the sad way of course.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Gee Charlie, don't go falling apart on us. You are not old enough for that. :angel:

Went to the gas station this morning to get a gallon of milk and it was only $2.19 and the man said it will be on sale until Oct. 8th. Yeah! The second thing that made me smile, was on the way home the kids down the street had a lemonade stand, they were only asking 25 cent a cup (and it was made with real lemons). Of course I gave them a dollar. You should have seen the look on their faces. Brings back memories.

Yeh, I'm not, and yet I have those 30 years of soviet system on me. It's like 60 years in a normal country.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

So true Charlie. The Soviet years were never kind on anyone. Between the five year plan and then some other plan, and still not enough food to feed the people. Yeah, we heard all about it here. And the news was never good for the people. I remember one year the headlines told about us shipping grain to the Soviet. :angel:

Just got off the phone with my best friend from my college years, eons ago. It's her birthday tomorrow, and I looked with horror at the card on my coffee table that I forgot to send. So I tried the other old fashioned way.

You know how, with some people, you just pick up where you left off, and it doesn't matter how long it's been since you last saw them? It's like that with her. We were partners in crime and roommates, and I love her to pieces!

Had lunch with DH today and he brought me this. :wub:

Attachments

• 1440778344696.jpg
    1440778344696.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 164
Went to Target today and there were two teenage boys helping their younger brother buy his school supplies. One had the cart and the other was helping his brother with the list. So heartwarming and such nice young people. They even stopped to chat with me . Adorable!

The last thing to make me smile today was having my grandson call from Paris, France and thanking us for his birthday card and gift.He is a barista in Paris but is thinking of starting up his own cafe in the Netherlands. I sure hope everything works out for him.:heart:

Your grandson is quite the globe-trotter, isn't he JoAnn? What a great experience his life must be.

I smiled big when the cashier asked if I wanted to use any of my "Fetch" points when she was ringing me out. Turns out I got a half-pint of groceries and two bunches of broccolini for free. Free is good! Those raspberries will taste all that much sweeter, too. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom