Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH and I went on a lunch hour walk with Beagle, and I mentioned that I had not seen a praying mantis all summer. As we were walking the home stretch, DH spotted a praying mantis on the road! It initially looked like a dead rolled-up leaf with legs, and was at least four inches long. When it crawled into the grass and leaf litter, we couldn't even tell it was there. Beagle thought it looked like a nice snack, but we dragged her away. This one was brown, I usually see green ones.
My ex told a story about a beagle vs a praying mantis. The mantis flew in through the window. That beagle was very interested. It ended up with two rows of tiny puncture marks with tiny blood drops on its nose. The mantis had whacked doggy with its forearms on the nose. Mantis 1, beagle 0.

We have a new prime minister. We heaved Steve.
hapydancsmil.gif

Well, with a name like Trudeau, it has to be in his blood.

Just read that he and his wife have three children age 8 and under. Running a nation will be a piece of cake. ;)
He'll be going home. :) He pretty much lived at 24 Sussex Drive, the Prime Minister's residence, from the time he was born until he was 14.

They have started talking about Trudeau-mania.

He'll be going home. :) He pretty much lived at 24 Sussex Drive, the Prime Minister's residence, from the time he was born until he was 14.

They have started talking about Trudeau-mania.

Taxy, I was thinking the same thing last night when he was making his speech. His kids will be growing up there just like he did.

I am smiling because I like to think that our country has a new chance with an old name. It is now up to him to keep his promises and up to us to remind him when he doesn't! ;)

George W Bush was an adult when his father was president so Justin Trudeau is the only North American leader to have grown up in the house of office!

Last edited:
...George W Bush was an adult when his father was president so Justin Trudeau is the only North American leader to have grown up in the house of office!

Well, no. Amy Carter and Chelsea Clinton did as well. Malia Obama is living her teen years in the White House.
GG, it won't be the same analogy unless Amy or Chelsea or Malia or Shasha become elected president of the U.S. Justin Trudeau lived in the Prime Minister's house from birth to age 14. GWB was already an adult when GHWB was in the White House. ;)

We half Canadians loved Pierre Elliot Trudeau. I well remember him letting fly with an expletive, and then declaring all he said was " fuddle duddle." There were many tee shirts printed with that. My dad actually met him when he was swimming on Lake of the Woods while Dad was fishing.

Hope his son can do good things for Canada.

We found the same praying mantis on our noon walk. Apparently it has a death wish. It was heading on to the highway. I turned it back toward the ditch, in the grass, but it was on a mission.

Last edited:
We half Canadians loved Pierre Elliot Trudeau. I well remember him letting fly with an expletive, and then declaring all he said was " fuddle duddle." There were many tee shirts printed with that. My dad actually met him when he was swimming on Lake of the Woods while Dad was fishing.

Hope his son can do good things for Canada.

We found the same praying mantis on our noon walk. Apparently it has a death wish. It was heading on to the highway. I turned it back toward the ditch, in the grass, but it was on a mission.
Funny, I was just remembering "fuddle duddle". I read that J. Trudeau had gotten caught using the same expletive and I was thinking, "Well, you know what your dad would have said." ;)

GG, it won't be the same analogy unless Amy or Chelsea or Malia or Shasha become elected president of the U.S. Justin Trudeau lived in the Prime Minister's house from birth to age 14. GWB was already an adult when GHWB was in the White House. ;)

Thanks, CG! I guess I did confuse it a little so don't feel bad, GG

Went through the pharmacy drive-through, had Beagle with me. It was cool enough, and she loves to ride in the car, gets very excited about it. She was asleep in the back seat. The pills and bill came out in the drawer, along with a dog biscuit! I don't know how the pharmacist even saw her!

Last edited:
Went through the pharmacy drive-through, had Beagle with me. It was cool enough, and she loves to ride in the car, gets very excited about it. She was asleep in the back seat. The pills and bill came out in the drawer, along with a dog biscuit! I don't know how the pharmacist even saw her!
What a lovely touch.

Awe, that is awesome! Our Tim Horton's does that. I often go through the drive through after I have taken Violet (and/or Monkey) to the vet. They always pass along a dog bone for Vi. I don't have the heart to tell them that she can't have that kind and I give it to the dog next door. I just thank them then I give her one of her safe treats "From Tim's"! LOL

I was smiling today thinking about my Mom. I remember how she used to love to hate Pierre Trudeau. One time I was made a paper mache devil mask for my art class. When I brought it home my Mom said "it looks just like our Prime Minister"! I think there was something in the news about him dating another celebrity that day. But she did admire most of how he ran the country.

I wonder what she would think of Justin?

Regarding Justin's looks, his Dad may have been known as a bit of a playboy; however, he was approached to head up the United Nations (which he turned down). Obviously the world saw something in him.

So, if Justin Trudeau can keep to his promises and more, I think people will see past that pretty-boy face pretty quickly.

Pierre was one of a kind, for sure. Dad was out on the middle of the lake fishing, (Lake of the Woods is HUGH!) and Pierre just swam up to his boat and asked him if he was catching anything.

Last edited:
Pierre was one of a kind, for sure. Dad was out on the middle of the lake fishing, (Lake of the Woods is HUGH!) and Pierre just swam up to his boat and asked him if he was catching anything.

Now, Dawg, that just made me giggle! I can actually picture him doing that.

The Sinclairs (his wife Margaret's family) lived very close to my aunt and uncle. They would see the Premier's motorcade coming down the street when he would come to visit. My uncle once saw him coming out of the house with pie for all of his security team!

I just got another smile - Violet just dropped one of her stuffed toys in my lap. This means "come on Mommy, get off that stupid thing and play with me!" :)

I think I will!

Our local savings bank has a branch within walking distance of here. A lot of our residents have accounts there and they have a BIG bowl right by the door filled with those small Milk Bones. So many of the residents that don't have dogs, come back with a handful for Teddy and any of the other dogs in the building. These dogs here are all well fed. My next door neighbor keep Teddy well fed and happy. :angel:

Last thing that made me smile?

Just sitting here thinking about my son coming from Denver tomorrow. I haven't seen him for 3 years. Oh, I can't hardly wait. :wub:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom