Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This guy hopped onto my FB page this morning! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

14 Easter Bunny-Shaped Recipes | Taste of Home

SD143204D12_06_4b.jpg

My BIL and his 3 sons have had a rough time of it over the last few years. His wife walked out on him and has made for a sticky divorce. This week is his birthday and that of his middle boy so all the family that could make it took them to dinner last night to a Greek restaurant.

The oldest boy is in grade 11 and I asked why he looked so tired. He said he pulled an all-nighter Thursday to get a school project done. I asked him what it was, figuring it was science related. To my surprise, he said he had to write two poems and decided to do an epic poem instead of a simple one. This was music to my ears as I was an English major and wrote a one-act play in Grade 5! When I asked if he could email it to me, he lit up like a Christmas tree. We feel they aren't getting a lot of encouragement from their parents at the moment. So he thought for a second and asked if he could send more of his work too. I told him to send anything he wants.

I love encouraging young people and always have a smile for someone who loves the written word as much as I do! :)

...he thought for a second and asked if he could send more of his work too. I told him to send anything he wants.

I love encouraging young people and always have a smile for someone who loves the written word as much as I do! :)
"Aunt Lydia", you rock. Sounds like that nephew of yours needs a guardian angel. I'm sure your BIL will appreciate you helping his boy when he can finally come up for air.

AB, I love the bunny pancake and will have to remember that for Tyler. :)

creative, funny video - I get lost in youtube when it comes to cats. LOL

LP...your post made me smile. Sounds like you're just what that young man needs right now!

Thank you, Cheryl and CG, for your kind words. They are great boys and I hate to see them caught in the middle as they are.

My 8yo niece is saving up money to buy a sugar glider (a little high-maintenance type of flying squirrel.). I suggested to my SIL that a bat or snake would be easier to care for. Nope, niece wants a sugar glider. SIL needs to cut back on her daughter's allowance, she's getting close to affording one. Cracked me up!

Last edited:
My 8yo niece is saving up money to buy a sugar glider (a little high-maintenance type of flying squirrel.). I suggested to my SIL that a bat or snake would be easier to care for. Nope, niece wants a sugar glider. SIL needs to cut back on her daughter's allowance, she's getting close to affording one. Cracked me up!

Before she spends her money I would encourage her to check with local animal shelters and rescue groups to see if they have any that need a good home.

It might save her some bucks and help her to learn about how serious a decision it is to take on one of these critters.

Good luck!

Before she spends her money I would encourage her to check with local animal shelters and rescue groups to see if they have any that need a good home.

It might save her some bucks and help her to learn about how serious a decision it is to take on one of these critters.

Good luck!

That is a great idea, AB! Thanks!

Or you might inform her that squirrels are in the family of rats and other vermin. On second thought, she might want a rat then. :angel:

Upon further inspection, niece has $15. Nowhere near the $250+ she'd need for a sugar glider, not including the cage, wheel, food, etc. SIL figures it will take a couple more years for niece to raise the required funds. By that time, SIL figures niece will hopefully have moved onto other interests.

Thank you, Cheryl and CG, for your kind words. They are great boys and I hate to see them caught in the middle as they are.

LB, you might suggest that he also write that second poem. Even if it is just a real short one. I have heard of many kids given a failing mark because they did not fulfill the requirements of the assignment even though what they did turn in was above and beyond what was required. It seems that the teacher had fecal myopic vision. My way or fail!

My oldest daughter had a teacher like that in high school. One year that teacher was voted the "most hated teacher" in the school. If you read past the pages of the assignment, she would go spastic. My daughter and all her friends learned to not let her know if they did read past the assignment.

You can be real proud of that boy. He will always think outside the bounds that society sets for him. And he will excel way past them. Congratulations to your nephew. He is going places. :angel:

Dang, why wasn't Midnight that relaxed when we drove from OH to MA? :huh: Even on a tranquilizer, she howled for the first hour and whimpered most of the rest of the way.

Oh good grief! I was a little distracted when I first looked at it and thought the cat was lying across the back of the car, not the dashboard!! LOL!!

I thought, "Oh my God, they're going backwards!!

Dang, why wasn't Midnight that relaxed when we drove from OH to MA? :huh: Even on a tranquilizer, she howled for the first hour and whimpered most of the rest of the way.

We moved five of ours just across the county and couldn't hear for three days.

Our Bilbo Baggins slept in the laundry basket in the back seat when we drove from MI to VA. She was pretty chill :)

One of our neighbors is a truck driver and he has the biggest, hairiest Maine Coon you ever saw, and his name is Max. He rides in the passenger seat in a dog bed.

That is one relaxed kitty.

Look at the size of those ears! That's not a cat, that's a radar detector/GPS in disguise. LOL!

Well, now I've forgotten what I was going to post about here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom