Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vinyls are collectors items these days, some can be worth a fortune.

I came home yesterday to husband and kid sitting on the floor playing a racing game on a ZX spectrum. Hubby had got it working again.

Himself finally found the parts to get our very good but older turntable working! :clap: As I clean out the house, I've been threatening to get rid of all out old vinyl. Now, all we have to do is weed out what we don't want.

Let's see, the DVD/CD player works. So does the amplifier. Now the turntable. He said now all he has to clean and hook up is the old VCR player. I guess we're living the real "back to the future". :LOL:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

*sigh* I have a new love. :heart: No, I haven't kicked Himself to the curb, silly! We have a second species of owl in our backyard. As you all might know, Himself and I are pretty much night owls ourselves, so I get to hear all of the night critters out back. Earlier this week, night one of the calls started. The little guy has been calling out every night ever since. I'm afraid that, like the barred owls, once he finds himself a mate things will quiet down. :( Without delay, meet our new friend. Isn't he cute?

Eastern Screech Owl

eastern_screech_owl.jpg

he's /she's a darling owl or maybe owlet, CK...........you're so lucky to see and hear that kind of nature up so close.......and who knows he/she may be taking their time and waiting for the right one just like we wish all our daughters/sons would in real life.............mine did........my daughter dated Charlie 10 years before the wedding.........it was a nice simple wedding characteristic of their relationship.....true commitment........ok enough

:LOL: Hilarious! "My Cousin Vinny". Yet another movie I missed as it's made the rounds. Need to add it to my library list.

I haven't seen this bird, but he's only as big as a robin. I might be the same owl as in the movie, but he doesn't sound like that. The sound isn't loud, either, like a small horse hiding in the trees. :LOL: He/she is just a little guy, GG, and somewhere back in our woods. We never cleared the back yard all the way to the property line like many of our neighbors did, so there is at least 100 feet of wooded area, squared (the lot is 100x253). We've been host to many different birds, as well as a fox, lots of bunnies and chipmunks, and the plethora of...squirrels. :glare:

While we're on the subject of owls, here is so much cuteness to start off the weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYOSKYWg-5E

:LOL: Hilarious! "My Cousin Vinny". Yet another movie I missed as it's made the rounds. Need to add it to my library list.

I haven't seen this bird, but he's only as big as a robin. I might be the same owl as in the movie, but he doesn't sound like that. The sound isn't loud, either, like a small horse hiding in the trees. :LOL: He/she is just a little guy, GG, and somewhere back in our woods. We never cleared the back yard all the way to the property line like many of our neighbors did, so there is at least 100 feet of wooded area, squared (the lot is 100x253). We've been host to many different birds, as well as a fox, lots of bunnies and chipmunks, and the plethora of...squirrels. :glare:

While we're on the subject of owls, here is so much cuteness to start off the weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYOSKYWg-5E

OMG, I'm dying of cuteness overload! So adorable. The three on the log... OMG.

Now... YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "MY COUSIN VINNY"?!? What are you waiting for? It's a classic! Marisa Tomei won an OSCAR for her performance! She's so gorgeous and fabulous!

We :heart: that movie so much. There aren't many movies we'll both sit and watch no matter where in the movie it is when we come across it, but it's one of my all-time favorites. You must let me know what you think of it.

Nope, haven't seen it, GG. There are all kinds of classics I've not watched. I'm not much of a movie or TV watcher. However, it is on my list at the library. I'll request a copy once baseball season is over.

*sigh* I have a new love. :heart: No, I haven't kicked Himself to the curb, silly! We have a second species of owl in our backyard. As you all might know, Himself and I are pretty much night owls ourselves, so I get to hear all of the night critters out back. Earlier this week, night one of the calls started. The little guy has been calling out every night ever since. I'm afraid that, like the barred owls, once he finds himself a mate things will quiet down. :( Without delay, meet our new friend. Isn't he cute?

Eastern Screech Owl

eastern_screech_owl.jpg

CG, one time our library had a demonstration of birds of prey. A beautiful Bald Eagle, A Golden Eagle, and some owls. They had the one of the owls fly around the room. we never heard even one flap of the wings. These were birds that had been injured in the wild and could no longer feed or defend themselves. The owl that did the flying for us, had only one leg. He was unable to hold down the prey with his one foot and still pick at his catch. As much as I love Bald Eagles, I was so fascinated by the owls. As a kid, when we lived on the farm, I had an owl and a whoop-a-will right outside my window. Every night I would fall asleep to their callings. This was the first time I had ever seen one up close. :angel:

Since Himself said he would listen to the debate and give me a summary later, I've been listening to the Cleveland Indians baseball game. As many of you know, I've been a fan of the Indians since I was 8. Not many post-season games over all those decades, but this year we'll be in the playoffs! :w00t2:

Lessee, so far this year the Lake Erie (now Cleveland) Monsters won the AHL Caulder Cup. The Cleveland Cavaliers won the NBA championship. I'm hoping my Mom's adage holds up this year: all things come in threes. Sure would be nice to see my baseball team win the MLB World Series in my lifetime...

CG, I have been holding on to my dream of the Pats, Sox, Celts, Revolutions and Bruins would all win their championship trophies in the same year. Stranger things have happened. :angel:

I ordered something from a Christmas website off of Amazon and when the order came today I looked at their logo on the paper work and it said "Christmas Central-So Good Even Santa Shops Here." For some reason that made me smile.

My little neighbor girl, who I've known since she was a wee babe, is now a full grown adult. She's visiting her dad. I banged on the door to deliver some cauliflower cheese soup. She was very appreciative! Dad doesn't cook, and she had a major hangover.

My little neighbor girl, who I've known since she was a wee babe, is now a full grown adult. She's visiting her dad. I banged on the door to deliver some cauliflower cheese soup. She was very appreciative! Dad doesn't cook, and she had a major hangover.

Oh yeah. That does sound like she is really grown up. :angel:

A week or so ago, a friend had posted a photo on Facebook showing a broken brandy snifter. He was all sad about it. Well, it just so happened I had a pair of what looked like the same Irish crystal snifters in my wine rack. Unused. Collecting dust. See, Himself is the brandy "sniffer" in our house, and I bought him a lovely Waterford snifter for a Christmas gift one year. I was willing to part with my Irish glasses...for a swap. Told said friend I would trade him the glasses for something homemade (he and his husband pickle, can, make wine...all sorts of stuff). He left my surprise at the community theatre we each have worked at, and I dropped the glasses off tonight. Whoa, it was like Christmas! (Actually, the bag was a Christmas gift bag...) I got a bottle of homemade slightly sweet red wine, a quart of homemade tomato sauce (from their garden tomatoes, natch'), and a small hinged bottle of homemade vanilla. Oh, yum!

I'm going to have to go through my stuff to see what else I can wheel and deal for more swap items. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom