Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the news tonight they had on about a man who lives alone since his wife died 2 years ago. A family member made him a quilt using his wife's old clothes and the elderly man said that he was very comforted with this gift.

That is such a touching thing for someone to do, JoAnn. I've seen stories about making a pillow from your spouse's favorite shirt, but a quilt is such an undertaking. A real labor of love.

Although this is from two years ago, it rolled through my Facebook feed tonight. Since we live in an area of the country that tends to do this, I find it amusing. I also don't understand why people don't keep these kinds of basics on hand no matter WHAT the weather. :huh:

still-life-with-grocery.jpg

This artist just drew a masterpiece still life of toilet paper, bread and milk

I found the family of the stray cat we took in last week, and they were reunited last night!

I was in our vet's office picking up meds for one of our cats, and while I was waiting I saw a flier for a missing cat that ran away last Thanksgiving weekend.

No wonder she was so emaciated. Being de-clawed, she probably hasn't eaten much of anything for almost 2 months.

Anyway, I called the number and the family showed up to claim her. They were so happy to have their little kitty back. They thought by now there was no chance that she was still alive.

I was sad to see her go as she was such a sweet little thing, but it felt good to see their family reunited.

I found the family of the stray cat we took in last week, and they were reunited last night!

I was in our vet's office picking up meds for one of our cats, and while I was waiting I saw a flier for a missing cat that ran away last Thanksgiving weekend.

No wonder she was so emaciated. Being de-clawed, she probably hasn't eaten much of anything for almost 2 months.

Anyway, I called the number and the family showed up to claim her. They were so happy to have their little kitty back. They thought by now there was no chance that she was still alive.

I was sad to see her go as she was such a sweet little thing, but it felt good to see their family reunited.

How very cool was that. Job well done.

That is such a touching thing for someone to do, JoAnn. I've seen stories about making a pillow from your spouse's favorite shirt, but a quilt is such an undertaking. A real labor of love.

Although this is from two years ago, it rolled through my Facebook feed tonight. Since we live in an area of the country that tends to do this, I find it amusing. I also don't understand why people don't keep these kinds of basics on hand no matter WHAT the weather. :huh:

still-life-with-grocery.jpg

This artist just drew a masterpiece still life of toilet paper, bread and milk

I love the Maxwell Coffee can holding all the artists paintbrushes.

When I got custody of my granddaughter along with her two "declawed" Siamese Cats, they had to be inside cats. No claws and they can't defend themselves. I think that is so cruel.

Our grandson Josh just started his Drivers Ed class at high school this week. I have to get him up at 5 o'clock ( so I get up at 4:50 ). He had to take the early time because there wasn"t enough students for the one after school. He will be going home on the weekends but will be staying with us for the 10 weeks that it takes to complete the class. :)

Addie, my family was a Maxwell House house when I was growing up. If anyone ever made the mistake of bringing something else home, like Hills Brothers, Mom was not happy. :LOL:

JoAnn, if I were you, I'd hop back into bed after returning from the school run. You'll need plenty of energy to keep up with your grandson when he gets back!

I found the family of the stray cat we took in last week, and they were reunited last night...I was sad to see her go as she was such a sweet little thing, but it felt good to see their family reunited.
Aww, I bet they were so happy! :heart: May that family's joy erase any sadness you had over "losing" the little darling. Besides, you really didn't need another cat, did you? :whistling

Addie, my family was a Maxwell House house when I was growing up. If anyone ever made the mistake of bringing something else home, like Hills Brothers, Mom was not happy. :LOL:

JoAnn, if I were you, I'd hop back into bed after returning from the school run. You'll need plenty of energy to keep up with your grandson when he gets back!

Aww, I bet they were so happy! :heart: May that family's joy erase any sadness you had over "losing" the little darling. Besides, you really didn't need another cat, did you? :whistling

I am lucky that my DH takes Josh to his class but the second they are out the door I am right back into bed.:sleep::)

Throwing snowballs for Jethro to fetch. If he caught them in mid-air, he had the funniest look on his face when they disintegrated. If they got past him he would keep looking for it. That was one happy dog, had the biggest grin on his face. Then he got cold and Mom had hot chocolate for me and some warm beef bone broth for him.

Another, I had just got the driveway cleaned off when my neighbor, Pastor Dave, showed up on his ATV with plow and got the sidewalk for me.

She couldn't have found a better foster Dad, Bucky! Good job.

I have to smile at my two fur-kids. Miley is laying behind me with her head on the back of my chair waiting for any kind of movement and Monkey I know is sitting in one of her boxes right outside the office door waiting for me to get up and walk into the kitchen. You see, it is 5:18 pm here and for them that means dinner is 18 minutes late! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom