Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Warm is good!

Another smile... I just realized that there are only 4 more days until
I'm in Mexico again!!!!!!

Oh don't worry.. I'll be connected to the internet even in Mexico. I'll check in daily.

Our condo is in Mazatlan.
So beautiful!!

Mexico Map, Map Of Mexico, Mexico City Map, Mexico Country Map, Map Mexico You'll find Mazatlan on this map. It's an old town that has not been ruined by American culture yet. We and the Canadians have found it now though so I'm sure it will change. But, for right now it's still pretty Mexican. There are a few tourist spots ( cliff diving, tour boats and such) but, not that many. We love it. The cruise ships do make a stop there so there are some pretty expensive shopping places and fancy places to eat. Yummmmy food!
Still the best food we've found is in the street stands. Mazatlan is known for it's fishing so we eat a lot of seafood while we're there. Shrimp and scallops right off the boat. Yummmers!!!

It's a great place to relax.

they make you eat off the deck of the boat? :rolleyes:

i'm curious, pds. did you notice any canadian geese there? (they know we're on to them, so i suspect they've moved on to mexico.)

LOL.. no bucky
Luckily for us No Canadian greece have ruined the beach ...yet.

We do have to watch out for Pelican poop though...they like to fly over the pool and um.. let go.!

The last thing that made me smile.... Catching up on some really good things that have happened and didn't know about. Barbara and James, you deserve to be happy again!! Whether you sell the house or keep it, this will help you so much and you really do deserve it. As for your dad, how can those words be topped? Of course your dad would NEVER think you a loser, who could. We all have things in our heads of what people think of us and luckily, ours are a lot worse than what they really are. You are both good people that have gone through enough hard times and it is finally going to turn around for you!! God bless you both!!!

Today I took my son to have a Celiac screening test done. I was worried how he would react to having his blood drawn since he is only 17 months. He did better than me! He just sat there and looked at it. He only fussed when it started taking a bit long, but the moment it was done he lunged for the nurses pen like normal. I'm so glad it wasn't traumatic for him!

Today I took my son to have a Celiac screening test done. I was worried how he would react to having his blood drawn since he is only 17 months. He did better than me! He just sat there and looked at it. He only fussed when it started taking a bit long, but the moment it was done he lunged for the nurses pen like normal. I'm so glad it wasn't traumatic for him!
You have one special little boy there..May he be okay...A big hug for being so brave.
kadesma:)

Check your mail..the sun is on it's way!

Oh thank you thank you!
It got here! Only for a couple hours but it got us (all 5 of us!) out for a walk after dinner.
We look like a parade when we all go..... :rolleyes:

The last thing that made me smile was this: There is a stray cat who has taken to jumping up on my back deck (about 15 feet high) and looking in my back sliding glass door. I have been feeding it leftover turkey, or whatever and dry dog food. For about 3 weeks now, I couldn't even get close to it. Tonight, I went out to put food in the bowl I put out for it, and instead of eating the food, it jumped into my arms!!

I had nothing to smile about this morning...between the orthopedic surgeon and xray tech putting my sore knee in positions it truly didn't want to go....and finding out that my only option may just be a full replacement.

But then this afternoon I had a young couple come over to discuss their upcoming wedding in August - I am doing a cake and catering a tea reception. Watching their expressions as they tasted all the different flavours of cake and icing and figuring out which ones to use, really brightened my day. She preferred my signature chocolate cake while he was wowed by the banana. Now most of the cake will be made of cupcakes so this is fine, they can (and are) have multiple flavours. However, the top tier is the cake for cutting and keeping and on this they couldn't agree. So I finally said I could torte it with alternating layers of banana and chocolate and they were very happy. But the part that brought the biggest smile to my face was when they were leaving and the bride to be asked if she could take a few more samples (mini cupcakes) of the chocolate cake "just to be sure"! I think she liked it! :LOL:

The last thing that made me smile was this: There is a stray cat who has taken to jumping up on my back deck (about 15 feet high) and looking in my back sliding glass door. I have been feeding it leftover turkey, or whatever and dry dog food. For about 3 weeks now, I couldn't even get close to it. Tonight, I went out to put food in the bowl I put out for it, and instead of eating the food, it jumped into my arms!!

Awesome. You have a new little friend.

I had nothing to smile about this morning...between the orthopedic surgeon and xray tech putting my sore knee in positions it truly didn't want to go....and finding out that my only option may just be a full replacement.

But then this afternoon I had a young couple come over to discuss their upcoming wedding in August - I am doing a cake and catering a tea reception. Watching their expressions as they tasted all the different flavours of cake and icing and figuring out which ones to use, really brightened my day. She preferred my signature chocolate cake while he was wowed by the banana. Now most of the cake will be made of cupcakes so this is fine, they can (and are) have multiple flavours. However, the top tier is the cake for cutting and keeping and on this they couldn't agree. So I finally said I could torte it with alternating layers of banana and chocolate and they were very happy. But the part that brought the biggest smile to my face was when they were leaving and the bride to be asked if she could take a few more samples (mini cupcakes) of the chocolate cake "just to be sure"! I think she liked it! :LOL:
Well the old adage when life hands ya lemons is so true, at least you got lemonade with this couple..Doesn't make you feel good when someone loves what you make and isn't afraid to show it? I knew they would love those cupcakes:) Now, just hang tough and let them get that knee fixed for you.

kadesma

The last thing that made me smile.... Catching up on some really good things that have happened and didn't know about. Barbara and James, you deserve to be happy again!! Whether you sell the house or keep it, this will help you so much and you really do deserve it. As for your dad, how can those words be topped? Of course your dad would NEVER think you a loser, who could. We all have things in our heads of what people think of us and luckily, ours are a lot worse than what they really are. You are both good people that have gone through enough hard times and it is finally going to turn around for you!! God bless you both!!!
That is so nice of you Stacy!

It made me smile to see you back. I was just telling James last night that I hadn't seen you on here lately, and we were both hoping everything is ok.

:)Barbara
P.S. I guess you really weren't "gone" for long--but I hadn't noticed any of your posts! I have been in and out so much!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom