Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
opened my mail to find a $200 check!

Wow! I need some mail like that!

What made me smile was a post on another forum where someone mentioned they knew a person who named their daughter Jinger (pronounced Ginger) and all I could think of was my Chinese exchange student singing "Jingle Bells":

Jinger bells, jinger bells, jinger are the way....:LOL::LOL:

when i got home last night, my little buddy was all dressed up in army gear, slung his rifle and saluted me. then he marched on.

so i knelt down and asked him to give me a hug, that i hadn't had a hug all day. so he gave me a really big squezee hug, with the rifle (one of my wife's old practice rifles from high school days in the drum and bugle corps) bashing me on the nose.
he remarked, in a litlle, disbelieving but inquisitive voice, "no one gave you a hug at work today?"
so i repled, " no, no hugs. but they do give me money so we can pay for our house, and food, and electricity, and toys, for you and mommy".

he thought for a second, marched back over to me, wrapping his arms around my neck and climbing on, saying "well, then i'll give you hugs since no one else does."

i said to him, "why thank you. you know, hugs are worth much more than money".

to which he replied with almost the condescending assurity and inocent wisdom of a 4 year old, "of course. i know that dad..."

when i got home last night, my little buddy was all dressed up in army gear, slung his rifle and saluted me. then he marched on.

so i knelt down and asked him to give me a hug, that i hadn't had a hug all day. so he gave me a really big squezee hug, with the rifle (one of my wife's old practice rifles from high school days in the drum and bugle corps) bashing me on the nose.
he remarked, in a litlle, disbelieving but inquisitive voice, "no one gave you a hug at work today?"
so i repled, " no, no hugs. but they do give me money so we can pay for our house, and food, and electricity, and toys, for you and mommy".

he thought for a second, marched back over to me, wrapping his arms around my neck and climbing on, saying "well, then i'll give you hugs since no one else does."

i said to him, "why thank you. you know, hugs are worth much more than money".

to which he replied with almost the condescending assurity and inocent wisdom of a 4 year old, "of course. i know that dad..."

buckytom, thanks for sharing stories about your son. How blessed you are to have such a sweet little guy.

Went with my daughter,Ethan and Olivia to Mickies Grove, it's a small zoo and small carnivale area for children..We had so much fun..The kids rode everything and oh did they love the animals...Listening to them giggle and laugh, just made me so happy..In fact watching all the little kids have fun made me smile.

kadesma:)

BT, that is enough to make anyone smile!!

kads, I'm so glad that you had suck a fun day. I wish my boys had a grandma like you when they were growing up.

well, BT, there is hope for you after all..........sounds like you have one heck of a son.....I'm teaching 3 & 4 year olds now and it's such a challenge but fun as well....they are excited by life in general and we lose that innocence and sense of wonder so quickly....spend a day with 3 and 4 year olds and it's so easy to recapture their excitement at living life to the fullest

I also have to admit that since working with the 3 & 4 year olds when the parents come to pick them up we 3 teachers must be smiling cause the parents have noticed and have commented that we must have had a great day and I guess that we have.........

coming home from work, sitting down here at the desk after a little nap and seeing all of the nice birthday wishes!
Thanks!

I had my baby!!! I went to the hospital at 3am Sunday morning and she was born at 7:52. A 7lb 7 oz beautiful girl with LOTS of hair! I am home now and feeling good.

Attachments

• DSCN0921 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0921 (Small).JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 159
Oh how CUTE!!!!!!! she was born on my birthday!!!!!!!
Whats her name?? Congrats!!!

Oh B'sgirl, she is awesomely beautiful! Congratulations. What a little blessing she is. Now, wasn't that worth the wait? Many hugs!

Back
Top Bottom