Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My little grandson learning how to whistle.
JoAnn,
bet that is a hoot..How old is he? Poor Cade tried it, but waited til he lost his front teeth..I had a hard time convincing him that he really needed to not whistle at the dinner table.:ROFLMAO:

kades

Last edited:
seeing this pic of me and my boy. he just got a toy shaving kit, so he couldn't wait until i got home to shave together. good thing i had a week's growth goin'...

img1435ss0.jpg
BuckMeister, your son is beautiful, why am I not surprised. I see the love you have for him in your eyes, but that doesn't surprise me either. I smile thinking of how you speak of him in your posts. More dads should adore their little ones as you do, thanks for the pix

the same guy?

you'd better be careful lefse. you could have gotten the old geezer to excited, and... puh buh, puh buh, puh buh, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

;)
we was 86, he told me that.
then he told me of his heart bi pass thing and his lung transplant.
he needed hugs and I was happy to do something special for this young man.
was soooooooooo cute, and gave me his Italian mothers best recipe, what a smile moment!:)

Had an email form my DIL this morning confirming that they will be arriving here in Mexico to visit in just 40 days...they live in China, and it has been a year since I was there to see my son, two granddaughters (9 and 11) and DIL. Gosh, I can hardly wait to cook all their favorite foods!

Yesterday was going to be a rough day for me. 2 years to the day that my dad passed.
But I went shopping and got my mind off of it. I got a new computer. My first one ever !
About time !!!! And I got my nails done. And I dyed my hair back to it's natural color.
Lack of sun in the Ohio winter made it really dark and drab looking. So it turned out to be
an a-okay day after all.

Yesterday was going to be a rough day for me. 2 years to the day that my dad passed.
But I went shopping and got my mind off of it. I got a new computer. My first one ever !
About time !!!! And I got my nails done. And I dyed my hair back to it's natural color.
Lack of sun in the Ohio winter made it really dark and drab looking. So it turned out to be
an a-okay day after all.
Oh Middie,
I'm sorry...But glad you got out and did something just for you..You needed and deserved it..Take care Mids

kades

Had an email form my DIL this morning confirming that they will be arriving here in Mexico to visit in just 40 days...they live in China, and it has been a year since I was there to see my son, two granddaughters (9 and 11) and DIL. Gosh, I can hardly wait to cook all their favorite foods!
That's great!!! I know you are just chomping at the bit to see them!!

an a-okay day after all.
Good for you making it a good day. Your dad would have wanted you to be that way. Not sad all day. When your having a good day, you can think of the good days, not think about him being gone!! Hugs to you!!

JoAnn,
bet that is a hoot..How old is he? Poor Cade tried it, but waited til he lost his front teeth..I had a hard time convincing him that he really needed to not whistle at the dinner table.:ROFLMAO:

kades

Josh just turned 6 on April 23rd. I didn't know he could whistle until yesterday. We were in the kitchen when I heard him. He was so proud of himself.:) He has been trying for quite awhile.

Josh just turned 6 on April 23rd. I didn't know he could whistle until yesterday. We were in the kitchen when I heard him. He was so proud of himself.:) He has been trying for quite awhile.
Ah 6 and he can whistle..He should be proud..Cade is 7, will be 8 in September. He is not so happy about whistling as he keeps losing teeth and all he can muster is hot air:LOL:

kades

The last thing that made me smile was today at church. My DH leads a small group of youth boys on Monday nights. They are a rag tag bunch of guys that just don't seem to fit anywhere, but have really grown in the 3 years they have been with DH (and he has too). Last Monday night he had to cancel because he was sick.

Well, I walked in this morning alone as DH was filling in as an usher and two of the boys saw me waddle in on my cane. They came up and asked how I was doing and I said fine. Then they kind of hestiated and one asked "Is Tony better? Did he come today? Is he over his cold?" And they both looked at me so expectantly for the answer.

I told them that yes he was here and he was starting to feel a bit better and I would make sure he was rested up and healthy for tomorrow night. They both had such looks of happiness and relief as they thanked me. I walked on and heard the sound of a high-five behind me and "YESSSSSS we've got group tomorrow!!!!!!

I am really glad they couldn't see the smile on my face. It grew wider when I told DH this and he looked really touched that they cared that much. It is hard sometimes to get through to 15 - 16 year-old boys, but my DH seems to have these ones under his wing.

Wow, Laurie - you and your husband may never know the extent to which he will change the lives of those boys. How wonderful of him to take the time to do that. DH and I were sitting around the other night talking about teachers/mentors who meant so much to us when we were young. Some we got to thank, others not. I know that you do similar things (like your "adopted" daughter). Bless you both.

an a-okay day after all.

I'm glad it turned out to be a good day for you middie. It is what our loved ones would have wanted for us. Now we need to see the "make-over" photo!

:)Barbara

The last thing that made me smile was today at church. My DH leads a small group of youth boys on Monday nights. They are a rag tag bunch of guys that just don't seem to fit anywhere, but have really grown in the 3 years they have been with DH (and he has too). Last Monday night he had to cancel because he was sick.

Well, I walked in this morning alone as DH was filling in as an usher and two of the boys saw me waddle in on my cane. They came up and asked how I was doing and I said fine. Then they kind of hestiated and one asked "Is Tony better? Did he come today? Is he over his cold?" And they both looked at me so expectantly for the answer.

I told them that yes he was here and he was starting to feel a bit better and I would make sure he was rested up and healthy for tomorrow night. They both had such looks of happiness and relief as they thanked me. I walked on and heard the sound of a high-five behind me and "YESSSSSS we've got group tomorrow!!!!!!

I am really glad they couldn't see the smile on my face. It grew wider when I told DH this and he looked really touched that they cared that much. It is hard sometimes to get through to 15 - 16 year-old boys, but my DH seems to have these ones under his wing.
That is so neat Laurie! We don't always get to see what an effect we have on kids, so it is nice to see how much they love and respect your husband. There is no telling how far-reaching his work with the kids could end up being.

:)Barbara

This made me smile!!:)

Yesterday at work, I called my sons friend. I haven't been able to see him due to an over work schedule. He understood. His folks took him to breakfast yesterday, he's had many many visitors, is a bit tired and the visits are usually wonderful but can be overdone too, he told me. I told him I cut out the responses from this thread and am sending them to him as it's something that'll be better for him to get in the mail then have me sit there and read to him. In his own time too.
Anyway, that, just talking to this kid who was supposed to be gone by now, and realizing his breakfast out with his folks, made a cry followed by a smile.
TYJ and thanks to all of you too.

When my neighbour greeted me this morning...I did give a smile as acknowledgement

Back
Top Bottom