Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many men does it take to lose a fish. Answer: 4

One to throw the line out, one to hook the fish, one to take the hook out and one to lose it over the edge of the boat whilst cleaning it.

This was the result of DH fishing day yesterday. His uncle threw the line, DH caught the fish, FIL took the hook out and handed it to FIL friend who whilst cleaning the fish out over the side of the boat, got hit by a rogue wave and lost it in the water.

Total of fish caught for 9 hours fishing in one day: 1
Total of fish lost for 9 hours of fishing in one day: 1
Bring home total: 0

Funniest thing is we live right on the coast and 10 minutes drive from Lake Macquarie, but they have spent 5.5 hours driving to "the best fishing spot" for A fish.

Hope they have better luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Maybe they should change the bait.

MIL and I are still giggling!!!!

Not just the bait, but, the person cleaning it too. LOL!! From a long time fisher woman and fisherman's wife, THAT is FUNNY!!!! Poor guys, wonder how long they stood there staring at the water when the fish swam away!! LOL

Today was one of my worst days. The weather outside is awful and my pain is at an all time high (see my vent). Well, DH made tacos and fixings and bundled all of it and me up and we headed to the hospital where we had a picnic with DD and her fiance. He had a bad day too and the only ones he wanted to visit today were us. When they saw the food he started to cry.

I had managed to get some cookies baked and got DH to include them and a coke. Well "the fiance" was just beside himself. They walked down the hall with us when we left and I got my normal hug from DD, and her guy comes over and gives me a huge bear hug and says, "Mom, thanks for taking such good care of us when I know you don't feel any better than I do."

Well, I am smiling from ear to ear. They may not be married yet, but he just became my dear son. And my DH continues to amaze me as well.

I was dreaming last night about when I was younger ... gas was 14.9 cents/gallon ... a McD burger was 19-cents (22 cents with cheese), a Frito-chili pie (with onion and cheese) was 25-cents - same as a cherry-vanilla Coke. When it was half-time on a televized football game - you got to watch the bands marching on the field.

I didn't have to worry about the "overhead" - house payments, gas, electric, water, etc... all I had to do was take out the garbage, help cook and wash dishes, make good grades in school ....

Someone once said, "you're not old until your dreams turn to regrets".

I'm feeling VERY old.

Buck and I were out on our front porch, as we always are this time of the year, enjoying the breeze and cooler temps than inside the house.

Our outside kitties were just finishing up their supper when Tumble, one of the almost 3-month-old kittens, rocketed onto my lap. "Love me mommy!"

Yep. Tumble and I had a long and loving "love" fest. Shortly thereafter, Shadow, jumped onto my lap for exactly the same attention.

Life is good and I KNOW I'm loved.

single, again. Thanks to a good friend for being Magnum P. Lie. on the wonderful world wide web. Love ya girl! ;)

My son just conned me out of five bucks, I couldn't help but laugh. That kid is going to be good with money when he grows up, not that he isn't already!

"Daddy, I bet you $5 I know where you got those shoes."
"OK, I'll bite, where did I get these shoes?"
"Not where did you get them but where you got them, and right now you got them on your feet!"

I just laughed and gave him the $5.

Cute Mav!

Paul bought me a new toy!!
One of those cool GPS like thingys for the car.

I just crack up everytime it tells me "TURN LEFT HERE!!!"

Can you imagine using one of them in a NASCAR race? Turn left here, turn left here, turn left here, turn left here..... LOL.

I was watching Footloose (finally) yesterday and time got away from me. Didn't start on dinner til about 6.... that's late for us.
I went in to get to work, and DH followed me to help! Doesn't happen too often.
However I'm pretty sure it's only because there was bacon involved.
Oh well. :)

Funny you should say that. I didn't know what to serve DH for lunch and I made him a toasted bacon sandwich and you would have thought I had given him filet mignon!!!!

I'm still on the front porch. Sitting with our 3-month-old Tumble in my arms like a little baby. A real snuggler and mama's baby. All around me, there are thousands, millions of lightning bugs twinkling like so many tiny lights in the sky. They're everywhere and take me back to childhood, when things were simpler, and we spent hours catching them in jars to place by our beds at bedtime.

They're beautiful and putting on a spectacular show. This is "magic."

I'm still on the front porch. Sitting with our 3-month-old Tumble in my arms like a little baby. A real snuggler and mama's baby. All around me, there are thousands, millions of lightning bugs twinkling like so many tiny lights in the sky. They're everywhere and take me back to childhood, when things were simpler, and we spent hours catching them in jars to place by our beds at bedtime.

They're beautiful and putting on a spectacular show. This is "magic."

Katie, I honestly believe God put animals on this earth to keep us real. I am so glad you have those little kittens, especially right now. Let them be a real source of comfort and unconditional love.

Back
Top Bottom