Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Katie, that magic is being created just for your pleasure and hope. I'm so glad you got to enjoy it. And those sweet kittens. Our kitties always seem to know when we need some extra loves and comfort.

Laurie, that is good news! I know you will enjoy each other's company and I'm guessing that sweet fiance will make an appearance now and then, too.

I'm smiling because I just hung up the phone from talking with my son, who is back in the US (from China) with his family for a few weeks. They were in LA today and all went to Disneyland (Jeff, wife Kim, two grandaughters Amelia, who is 11 and Josie, who is 9). And guess what? Tomorrow, they will be HERE! Haven't seen them for over a year, so this is gonna be such fun! I've been cooking up a storm....

Oh Katie, that magic is being created just for your pleasure and hope. I'm so glad you got to enjoy it. And those sweet kittens. Our kitties always seem to know when we need some extra loves and comfort.

Laurie, that is good news! I know you will enjoy each other's company and I'm guessing that sweet fiance will make an appearance now and then, too.

I'm smiling because I just hung up the phone from talking with my son, who is back in the US (from China) with his family for a few weeks. They were in LA today and all went to Disneyland (Jeff, wife Kim, two grandaughters Amelia, who is 11 and Josie, who is 9). And guess what? Tomorrow, they will be HERE! Haven't seen them for over a year, so this is gonna be such fun! I've been cooking up a storm....
Enjoy,enjoy, a whole year, gads I'd be climbing the walls waiting...I hope you have a wonderful visit.
kades

hearing my toddler great granddaughter calling me grandma donna. this one little girl has five grandmas. she must be so confused.

she is about one and a half. we were riding in car and a van pulled up next to us. she shouts blue, and that was the color of van. made me smile big time.

babe:):):):):)

thinking today..... of my little Rowan during our time in NYC for that wedding in the Hamptons my DD was in and the baby's too.
Rowan and I became fast/furious/famous/best buds over that week.
She's a year and a half.
Her speech isn't as advanced as her big brothers at the same age, he was reading at 1 1/2 and talking to me like he does now. Very advanced. She has a name for me. It's Bobbah. Like Bob twice without the last 'b' on the second Bob. My daughter does not know what word she's trying to say but it is precious and I'm the only one she calls that. I think she's trying to say baby, because I always say to her, "Hi baby....".

I thought of her today saying that to me over and over again on that trip, all the while with both tiny hands on either side of my face, and rubbing my back with her head on my shoulder. I tell you that child is more than priceless. Where's the huge heart symbol?:)

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes...we had a wonderful day and have a week of wonderful days ahead of us. My sweet son insisted on washing ALL the dishes following dinner and I know they are all exhausted - they've been in five countries in three days (China, Korea, Japan, US and Mexico). I just feel so blessed and so grateful.

DH just called me. His boss called him and asked him when Nascar is coming again, well, that would be Novemeber. Boss told him to find the best seats to whichever night he wants and he will not only pay for those, he will pay our dinner and for the gas to put in his truck!! OMG!!! finally somone that appreciates him for all he does!! I'm so excited!! WOOHOO!!, dh wants to go to the big one on Sunday, but, I would like to go Friday night for the trucks again, because, that is also the day for practice AND qualifying for the Nationwide and Sprint!! We can see them all on one day and be home in the a/c on Sunday for the big one.

Had to edit to add this note. MY TV IS WORKING!!:w00t2:
DS and I took the back off, whew, lots of dust in there and unfortunately,a mouse too {I was afraid of that. Happens everytime neighbor brings out Terminex} but, blew off the dust on the circuit boards, why in the world do they lay them down, instead of sitting them up just for this reason??
Anyway, turned it on, no problem at all!!! Crossing my fingers it stays on;)
So, now I have 2 good things that happened....in ONE day!! LOL:-p

Last edited:
Now I have this image of a mouse perched in the back of your TV, sipping a cool one and watching cable, LOL. Glad it is working again, and that is pretty cool of his boss, I bet he will be on Cloud 9 for awhile!

Now I have this image of a mouse perched in the back of your TV, sipping a cool one and watching cable, LOL. Glad it is working again, and that is pretty cool of his boss, I bet he will be on Cloud 9 for awhile!

Yeah, and spilled it on the circuit board!! LOL

Stacy you made me smile with your idea to have everyone stop to pray for Buck....
you are very sweet and don't deserve the blows you've had lately.

but, blew off the dust on the circuit boards, why in the world do they lay them down, instead of sitting them up just for this reason??

they catch mice better that way. :-p

and geez, squzie. with tears still in my eyes, i read your last statement as "stop praying for buck".
i thought, "i know she had a sheltered childhood, but man, what a hard a$$. i'd better go stick a lego up my nose."

Back
Top Bottom