Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, little kids sure can either lift you up or make life hard..I got a call from Cade this morning..Who by the way will be 8 on saturday ..He has been wanting a Wii so badly that he was been collecting soda cans.Well his dad and mom got him one and I picked up some games for it..His dad decided to hide it in his brothers room..Cade looks in the new piece of furniture in brothers room and now knows about his present..Understand now he has wanted this for a long time...So, he calls me this morning and says, Ma, I was thinking, maybe I could not play with my wii saturday night and come spend the night with you and Pa..I said Cade you have a brand new game you've been wanting honey, I love having you here but it's your birthday..He then says, I want to be with you ma we have so much fun together.. I think I'm the luckiest person in the world to have someone love me like I love them..
I just had to share with you...There is enough love for that:)
Kadesma

Waking up this morning and realizing that I only 8 hours of work left and then
I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I'm so ready to go back to being a stay at home wife.

Wow, little kids sure can either lift you up or make life hard..I got a call from Cade this morning..Who by the way will be 8 on saturday ..He has been wanting a Wii so badly that he was been collecting soda cans.Well his dad and mom got him one and I picked up some games for it..His dad decided to hide it in his brothers room..Cade looks in the new piece of furniture in brothers room and now knows about his present..Understand now he has wanted this for a long time...So, he calls me this morning and says, Ma, I was thinking, maybe I could not play with my wii saturday night and come spend the night with you and Pa..I said Cade you have a brand new game you've been wanting honey, I love having you here but it's your birthday..He then says, I want to be with you ma we have so much fun together.. I think I'm the luckiest person in the world to have someone love me like I love them..
I just had to share with you...There is enough love for that:)
Kadesma

A big WOOHOO for both of you!!!

:)Barbara

You mean we are getting you back full time? Woooooo Hooooo
now that makes me smile.
kades

The last thing that made me smile was when I woke up this morning. That is rare because I do not wake up happy. Today however I woke up to my wife holding my daughter who was looking at me and smiling. That just put the biggest smile on my face. It was the best way in the world to wake :)

Awwwww... that's so cute. :)

I sent an e mail to both grandsons, 24 and 19, just to say "hello" and told them not to bother answering.....got an e back from each one......now that's how to make a grandma smile big time!!!!!

Good for you PDS! I slept through your final moments of work. I am proud of you and congratulate you on your new found freedom!

The last thing that made me smile was today on my way home from physio. I shared my HandyDart (our local bus service for people with disabilities) both there and back with a lady who lives close by me. She had a stroke in April which affected her speach and her right side. She uses a walker but is doing remarkably well on all counts. We had some time to talk while waiting for our driver to show up at the hospital for the return trip and she was telling me how before this happened she was the type of person who would race past a person with a disability and had really never had to deal with any long term health issues for herself or anyone she knew. She said that she is much better off than a lot of people and the stroke has changed her perspective of others.

WOW!!! Here is a woman who finds talking, walking and using her hand difficult for every day things and she is happy because it has helped her to see the light when it comes to others. I was complaining because I have felt so rotten this last year and I have the opportunity of getting better!

We chatted the whole way to my place and then told each other how nice it was to meet, take care, have a good weekend and see you next Friday (and both meant all of it).

Oh, my, I really am looking forward to seeing this lady again because she has really made me think.....and smile!

I picked up Sammy (my grandson, 7 yo) from school yesterday, as I do everyday.

As we drove away, he asked me "Grandpa-what are you eating under there?"

Of course my response was, Under where? Of course, to a 7 year old my response was "underwear", and he laughed and laughed, and so did I:LOL:

Of course my response was, Under where? Of course, to a 7 year old my response was translated to "underwear", and he laughed and laughed, and so did I:LOL:

that is just too cute!!!

Of course my response was, Under where? Of course, to a 7 year old my response was "underwear", and he laughed and laughed, and so did I:LOL:
That is so funny! I will have to tell my grandson so he can pull it on his mom and stepdad!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom