Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made it through the first week and they still like me LOL!! WOOHOO
and I love it. The people are so nice and now that some of it is clicking, I'm loving it.

My mom sent me a picture of my father when he was 10 holding a fish he had caught.
My mom sent me a picture of my little brother when he was 7 holding a fish he had caught.
Put them in frames next to each other.
I smiled :>)

My hubby passed his class 4 learner's today and is one step closer to getting all the qualifications for the job he wants!

go laurie on your lorrie driver (in the UK a truck is a lorrie) stupid pun but I love them.....my husband says that I'm half right............

I'm posting because Friday afternoon during rush hour traffic my car starts to overheat......scared that I'm going to damage the engine I stop and get out of the car.......oh, great the cell phone is totally dead though it was charged the day before and and I've not used it........doesn't matter........there's noone to come and help anyway as they are all at work.........had 3 ladies ask me if I needed them to assist and I waved them on.....I was just trying to get my brain around the situation anyway...........then the sweetest roadside elf-fairy pulled in front of me......got out and offered to take me to the nearest garage where she knew the mechanic......this was my Guardian Angel watching over me.........her name was Ellie and she was so sweet......everytime I tell this story I cry.........not one man asked me if they could help.......not one........she drove me back to the gas station ...........we talked as if we had known each other for years .........we were able to get the mechanic to come back with us and he laughed the whole way at our banter.......she pulled in front of my car and Joe and I got out and he drove my car back to the station..........we waved her on though not before I had written her phone number down.......I had them check everything out and they showed me the coolant cap as they pulled it off and it looked like someone had run over it.......so they ordered a new cap..........the manager informed me that I was to watch the temperature gauge as it could be the problem.......I went from the garage to the side street exit and it shot up 300degrees in seconds........so I brought it back for them to look at and replace......the car is 12 years old........I go today and pick it up.......I just can't believe that there are people out there like Ellie. and at this car shop...........I'm taking her out for a nice lunch on Tuesday.......I'd take Joe, too..,, but I'm tipping him and bringing the shop some homemade brownies....apparently it's a Greek family owned run shop and the people are just wonderful.......though it was a horrible day for me in terms of the car problem I met some really wonderful people in the process...........I'm bringing them all my car maitenance and gas fillups when I can..........

Out of ashes comes beauty! Thanks for sharing, expat! Made me smile too.

By the way, it is funny you should bring up a lorrie. Through my life I got tired of people spelling my name Lori, or asking how to spell it and saying that my way is the "male version" so I used to say "you can spell it any way you want except l.o.r.r.i.e. because that's an English truck! Sure would make people look!

Now it is my last name people have problems with (they want to spell it phonetically as BUYER) so my DH and BIL always say "just spell it "beer" with an i in the middle....again the looks! Great things to smile about though.

thanks .......you want to try and spell my last name...............I totally understand..........even the
greek owner came over to verify the three {{l)) in it and the fact that it has 12 letters total in itlllllllllll and I went from fischer to that;;;;;;;;;;

Out of ashes comes beauty! Thanks for sharing, expat! Made me smile too.

By the way, it is funny you should bring up a lorrie. Through my life I got tired of people spelling my name Lori, or asking how to spell it and saying that my way is the "male version" so I used to say "you can spell it any way you want except l.o.r.r.i.e. because that's an English truck! Sure would make people look!

Now it is my last name people have problems with (they want to spell it phonetically as BUYER) so my DH and BIL always say "just spell it "beer" with an i in the middle....again the looks! Great things to smile about though.
oh, that is too funny, Laurie.............forget it with my last name ..........the only thrill I had before I got on the do not call list was the people trying to pronounce my last name and perversely I didn't help them at all........I let them stammer and stutter and sputter and then they hopefully craved your acceptance of the butchering of your surnamelllllllllI handed them a "ugh no, you are no where close" please don't call again........ I know .......how mean.........

DH texted me at work this morning to tell me the kitchen was clean.
:)
Doesn't take much for me....

lol i'm so tired i've been home almost 3 hours and didnt even look yet!!!!

Suzi, your text was better than mine! My DH texted me that he fed the dogs, but that I had to clean the big dog's bed because she got sick on it!

expat - I have great fun watching or hearing people spell my last name. It only has 7 letters, but the sound is unusal - we have a nice collection of variations. The pronunciation game is quite amusing as well. According to DH, my surname was the only thing I fell short on in regard tp her list of requirements in a husband.

Back
Top Bottom